Server time: 2017-08-22, 05:31

Sign in to follow this  
Pavel

pavel signing off.

Pavel    0

i barely get two nights a week to play, and when i do it really isn't that much fun. too many reports, aggro on the forums and constant need for clarification on the rules. i don't think dayZ is suited to RP gaming.

thanks to all the people i have played with, i appreciate your time and efforts, have fun guys :)

If DayZ isn't suited for RP gaming, then what is? O_o

It's always sad to see someone leave. Hopefully you will return one day!

DayZ is suited to RP, the problem is the player base and the way the rules are presented. They're too vague. There are too many exceptions, and most of the rules are left up to interpretation far too much.

A lot of people aren't even playing here to really RP. Their characters are just extensions of themselves, and they only "roleplay" as much as they have to to avoid breaking the rules. For too many of them, it's about gear, and loot, and amassing as much in-game treasure as they can. They're measuring how "good" they are on the server by their kills, their stash, and their success at robberies, roadblocks, and firefights, and when something goes south, they're quick to try and get the opposition banned.

Look at how often KOS reports are filed. People are way too eager to just shoot one another. Sometimes I seriously think the server would be better with a strict "No PvP" rule, or simply by making it impossible for players to completely kill one another, and put in AI bandits. Yeah, I know, it's not realistic, but the alternative is the bullshit we have now. Don't let players "steal" from one another and they'll be more inclined to RP, and the ones that want to steal from others will move on to normal PvP-whitelist servers.

Tortov    0

DayZ is suited to RP, the problem is the player base and the way the rules are presented. They're too vague. There are too many exceptions, and most of the rules are left up to interpretation far too much.

A lot of people aren't even playing here to really RP. Their characters are just extensions of themselves, and they only "roleplay" as much as they have to to avoid breaking the rules. For too many of them, it's about gear, and loot, and amassing as much in-game treasure as they can. They're measuring how "good" they are on the server by their kills, their stash, and their success at robberies, roadblocks, and firefights, and when something goes south, they're quick to try and get the opposition banned.

Look at how often KOS reports are filed. People are way too eager to just shoot one another. Sometimes I seriously think the server would be better with a strict "No PvP" rule, or simply by making it impossible for players to completely kill one another, and put in AI bandits. Yeah, I know, it's not realistic, but the alternative is the bullshit we have now. Don't let players "steal" from one another and they'll be more inclined to RP, and the ones that want to steal from others will move on to normal PvP-whitelist servers.

I don't understand your point. :(

Are you saying you don't like bandits and PVP/stealing?

Bye Pavel :(

Pavel    0

pretty much this i guess. i know not everybody agrees, which is why i'd prefer to just leave as opposed to open a debate about it.

i know the rules used to be even stricter before i joined, but that doesn't change the fact there are more posts in 'reports' than there are anywhere else.

its supposed to fun, and i just don't see it.

its supposed to fun, and i just don't see it.

Then you should stop. Never do something you don't like. Unless you need to. But in this case, you don't.

It's sad and I don't agree with you, but to each their own.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Dasvidaniya, moy tavaritsh o7

I don't understand your point. :(

Are you saying you don't like bandits and PVP/stealing?

No, I'm saying that people are going to bend, stretch, and skirt the rules as much as they can, and it's going to become a real burden on those of us that try to adhere to the spirit of the rules rather than trying to find little technicalities we can exploit.

Tomeran    3

Unfortunetly, you really hit the nail on the head here.

Couldnt agree more with this statement.

This point there is so dominating on the server that I have to admit I have as well been questioning if im at the right place as well.

I try to do events to keep myself busy and interested. Its worked somewhat well so far.

So I understand your descicion Pavel. A shame to see you go though, hope you find what you're looking for elsewhere.

ElDubya    0

Sorry to see you leave man, but we'll always have that ATV vs The Docks memory .... lol.

Good luck mate.

It was great watching you almost get hit by a bus 2 second after you said you'd join our group for those 2 weeks. Wish we coulda RPer more. much respect and good luck out there.

Pavel    0

It was great watching you almost get hit by a bus 2 second after you said you'd join our group for those 2 weeks. Wish we coulda RPer more. much respect and good luck out there.

correction, i got hit full-on by that bus.. and survived.

it was the bus that ended up in flames outside TP.

tumblr_mlpmuzatTB1ql45tto1_400.jpg

Ruffboi    0

You always seemed to poke in on a discussion and fire off some words of wisdom.

One quality member lost once more. I hope you find the game you'll truly enjoy to its fullest, Pavel. Cheers, mate!

Spotter    0

This point there is so dominating on the server that I have to admit I have as well been questioning if im at the right place as well.

You're not alone, Tom.

correction, i got hit full-on by that bus.. and survived.

it was the bus that ended up in flames outside TP.

tumblr_mlpmuzatTB1ql45tto1_400.jpg

i just wanted to make sure you remembered ;) take care.

Caesar    438

i barely get two nights a week to play, and when i do it really isn't that much fun. too many reports, aggro on the forums and constant need for clarification on the rules. i don't think dayZ is suited to RP gaming.

thanks to all the people i have played with, i appreciate your time and efforts, have fun guys :)

Won't disagree with the shocking state that the rules are in, talk about being changed on a whim.