Server time: 2017-10-18, 20:32
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Destinwolf

DayZ Game Modes

Destinwolf    13

Hey guys, I had an idea and was wondering who all would be interested, so please hear me out.

I'm wondering if anyone, or any groups, would be interested in teaming together on empty public servers and doing some squad based pvp. I figure DayZ is the perfect game for this type of gameplay, given all the dynamic locations we have. I feel like too often do I join a public server for PvP and hardly ever leave satisfied. So I thought to myself, "self, how awesome would it be if I could just jump straight into the action!?" And that is what I intend to do with this idea.

Here's what I have come up with so far, and it's open for discussion, that's why I am posting it here.

DAYZ OF DUTY

(Map idea. Red zone is playable zone.)

52d3f84d54.png

Rules

1.) Each team may gear up any way they like on other public servers before participating in the PvP match, and teams must be equal in size.

2.) The server in which the PvPing may take place will be determined before the match begins as well as night or day (agreed upon on both sides.)

3.) Each team must go over weapon choices / game modes before a match is planned. Particular weapons/items may be forbidden from the match.

4.) The area of the match may not be accessed by other players before the match begins.

5.) Players spotted outside of the PvP zone will be disqualified, and counted as a kill against his/her own team. 

6.) When each team is ready, a countdown must begin from 10 through TS chat between both team leaders. After the countdown, each team has 15 seconds to get out of their starting zones and into the red zone.

7.) The match is only over when an entire team has been eliminated.

8.) Each team MUST wear opposing armbands. It is to be determined before the match what each team color will be.

9.) No spectators may be present in the match area due to risk of metagaming.

10.) No combat logging/ghosting, or it will be counted as a kill against your own team.

How do you guys feel about this? Would anyone be interested to play? Does anyone have an empty public server to play on? Thoughts on the rules? Any questions or ideas you would like to include?

Please discuss!

Hollows    450

Sounds like it could be fun. But time consuming, as people have to scavenge for their old squad uniforms and specific weapons.

Destinwolf    13

Sounds like it could be fun. But time consuming, as people have to scavenge for their old squad uniforms and specific weapons.

I was thinking the only thing each team would really need is just different colored armbands. It doesn't really have to be determined before game what each team is using, only what they can't use.

Destinwolf    13

sounds like it would be a  pain in the ass to set up

I don't think there's really much to set up. Have teams in mind, get together and set a date and time, go over the rules and the red zone, get into place and play.

Ah man, if only DayZ SA got a better engine that did not screw everything up.

Darion    152

I am really hoping when DayZ releases moding someone will make a Battle Royale Mod for this game *Looks around the room curiously*

I am really hoping when DayZ releases moding someone will make a Battle Royale Mod for this game *Looks around the room curiously*

Player Unknown (The creator of the Battle Royale mod) has already said that he would create the same mod for DayZ SA, once the modding tools are released to the public, for your information :)

Skeetsi    0

Still waiting for the mod tools..

People spawning in with a certain gear set, same health levels, regulated loot etc.

Arma 2 Battle Royale, those were the days..

Glitch    15

Make a game mode for yourself and anyone who would like to participate, but I would make it a game mode where no one is shot, something more along the lines of a game mode where you test peoples skills, besides shooting.

Destinwolf    13

I was thinking, since in the current stable patch, it's so easy to obtain weapons, gear, and food, that it would be the perfect time for squad based pvp. So would anyone be interested in trying this out before the next stable release?

Destinwolf    13

It seems like a good idea, I'd try it out, if I have time too.

Any time you like, man. I have a couple friends I play on pub with time to time and we would be interested in doing some pvp revolving around these ideas and rules. So if you ever pull a team together, shoot me a PM and we'll talk about a date and time. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 etc.