Server time: 2017-08-18, 09:03

Sign in to follow this  
Glitch

Old man or Child?

Glitch    15

Earlier in this forum someone posted about character ideas, like what people want to see. The replies including my own consisted of more children or old people. I've tried the less geared innocent civilian role and I got bored with it but I didn't try too hard haha but I'd like to RP a child or an old man, both of which would be Chernarussians, we already have some American children. So with that said would it be more interesting to run into a young Chernarussian boy to add to the children population or an old Chernarussian man with odd stories about all sorts of things who generally doesn't shoot, may only carry a hunting rifle, and having very poor aim as well as being very frightened and for the most part needing help or someone to take care of him when he needs it?

Hey my friend!! I role as a 19 year old and carry very minimal stuff. I like playing the simple life but I have been thinking about the role of a child!

Glitch    15

Hey my friend!! I role as a 19 year old and carry very minimal stuff. I like playing the simple life but I have been thinking about the role of a child!

Yeah? Just not quite if I want to for the reason other people are already doing it and they do it well, but I myself haven't run into an elderly person so it might be interesting for people to run into one.

CreepyUncle    0

Hello guys, I just put in an application. I typically play somewhat of an older character that I tend to refer to as "Uncle". He is an old man that speaks few words. Anyways, nice meeting people on the forums.

Dusty    1034

I believe Percy Percival (forgot his forum name) RP's as an old man. He's very good at it, and from the few times I've met him and watched his streams, his character is very convincing.

Pussy    311

There have been quite a few players who play on both sides of the scale when it comes to age! I'm pretty sure I've run into people as old as their 70's, and as young as 10 years old. I always find it interesting to see those kinds of people running around in the game since their experiences are usually much different from my character's experiences! I think that it adds a lot to roleplay, especially since it always kind of leaves my character baffled how small children or older, more frail characters have managed to survive. It's fun to me to listen to those stories!

Personally, I would like to see more of both! But if I were to pick one, I think I would say that having younger characters around would be interesting because they aren't fully developed and I feel like they could grow a lot as a character because of that. 

Jade    176

I haven't seen too many old people around so having all those old interesting stories would be sweet, but playing as a kid is also cool as long as you don't mind all the trouble you get into. That and you're able to make a path for your character development to go since you're still a kid and learning from the people and things around you.

I played as a child, it's my Alt. 10 year old Chinese kid from China, it's very difficult to find good rp when you are a kid. nobody knows how to react, when they see a kid running around with a trumpet. in fact out of 10 people I met, 9 out of 10 don't know how to react. they just stand there and say "oh... are you ok? do you need anything". horrible rp, and in about 1 min they said take care kiddo and runs off. it's fun tho, the reaction you get and its nice to see friendly people, it's a character I play when I don't want to be hostile

richardhero    0

It would be nice to see some more variety in characters and I like the idea of seeing the elderly fighting off zombies :)

NishiUrban    78

I would say, either one is a welcome change. Everyone is usually in their like, mid 20's (myself included), so something to switch it up a little can't be that bad.

Nocheluz    104

Both would be good. I enjoy finding the characters with younger minds anyway. I've RP'd with two and both gave fantastic RP and we had good times. So kids would be no different.

Older folks could also be awesome since they do have those cool "back in the old days stories to tell." I love hearing those in real life, so if they were RPed well, could lead to some interesting encounters and maybe even a little wisdom imparted to the young'uns.

Revie    3

I didn't play as a child or old one myself, but on another server there was one who played an 70 years old guy. Was pretty funny... xD

He was not able to walk properly and couldn't run or something, therefore it took ages for us to move from one place to another. 

Besides some strange but funny actions like always dropping his pants and stuff like that he as well talked about old stories and what kind of man he was and all ^^ 

Would be cool to meet someone like that here too.

Vandy    34

I havn't been out of my box yet. Sticking with the 30-year old characthers for now.

Playing as a kid. I don't know. I saw someone doing it. Portrayign an ADHD characther. And it literally drove me nuts!

tom85649    0

I saw someone role-playing as someone with a spinal injury, it was just annoying. But a kid could be interesting I just think a old man would just be boring.

I've seen children done well. Take note, however, that these people didn't try and portray like, 6 or 7 year olds. They are usually older children/teenagers. I'd imagine the older ages have a much greater chance of survival, and you wouldn't need to be as tied down to people. I'd prefer an older person though! You don't see it as much. Health concerns could bring a lot of fun conflict. You're character would've lived a longer life, some I'm sure they'd have a lot of stories, experiences, and wisdom to share.

Server needs more old men.

Chow    45

It REALLY comes down to how you RP.

It makes sence that alot of the Young childeren died during the first wave, but some should have survived.

Remember it comes down to what you carry, how you act and such.

- And we have seen people RP'ing as 20-30 year olds with brain issues making them have the mentality of a 10-15 year old.

But a small Child would not be able to carry a assault weapon or a rifle.

- Mabye a pistol but only the Lightweight Makarov or a 22.

At least my opinion.

I always play an old man at green mountain. People get robed there a lot and I usually sit next to a wall and just laugh at the person being robed.

[video=youtube]

Me as a man child in Chernarus :3 now that was fun

Children are all over Chernarus, you just need to find them, they're in shortage tho

Defiance    96

Not sure about MORE children and elderly.

Thomas and Amelia are fantastic children, and I know they run around with at least one other youngster that is also really convincing. Percy has the old man game down on lock!

Glitch    15

Thomas and Amelia are fantastic children, and I know they run around with at least one other youngster that is also really convincing. Percy has the old man game down on lock!

Yeah that's what I am saying, they are unique characters and although it'd be nice to see more it would then ruin the special quality it has. I think they do it quite well and I don't want to take it away but I'd like to move towards some new type of character other than a beefed up survivor, you know lots of gear, ex-soldier or whatever.

Defiance    96

Yeah that's what I am saying, they are unique characters and although it'd be nice to see more it would then ruin the special quality it has. I think they do it quite well and I don't want to take it away but I'd like to move towards some new type of character other than a beefed up survivor, you know lots of gear, ex-soldier or whatever.

You could play a compulsive lying homosexual criminal who rules over a group of vagabonds (see: assholes) with an iron-fist. 

Oh wait...