Server time: 2017-10-18, 13:13
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Amount of posts?

Question

Zero    452

Hello, I was just curious, not sure if this is a glitch or something, but I noticed under my name it counted my post amount of only 457, is this due to the new system where banned individuals posts are removed? I was just curious because it says that I still pass the amount needed to send in an application for a staff position.

9 answers to this question

Samaritan    344

It might still identify posts that you have made in the intro, off-topic and forum games section as posts for the staff position even they don't technically count towards your post count.

Or it's a glitch. :P

Ender    632

same for me here and i seariously doubt i have over around 200 posts that arn't counted in my total but i could be wrong

they might of remove the post ammount thing altogether due to the recent staff events that were taking place

Samaritan    344

I think some recent staff members have been accepted with less that 500 'visible' posts so if it is something you would like to do it might be worth applying anyway.

Jm Von Cat    154

O.o Ender, you have over 300 counted posts.

Oh, and as of right now we can not provide an answer for your question. Hopefully we will be able to provide one shortly.

Zero    452

I would like to note that I have at one point exceeded the five hundred post mark. Just wasn't sure if those post themselves would or would not count seeing as it appears that they have been removed.

Pussy    377

Hello, Walker!

Recently, the private group forums that had been archived were deleted, which would have consequently added to the deletion of those posts from your total. If you were a part of a private group forum and you had posted a lot, you will notice a significant drop in your posts due to that. That could easily be the cause of the dramatic drop.

Does this clarify anything for you? Or are there still questions unanswered?

Nocheluz    122

Hello Walker, in doing some futher checking, private group forum posts do not count towards your total post count, much like Introductions, Off Topic and Forum Game posts don't count towards your total. We are still looking into why certain post numbers have changed. Thank you for your patience as we research the situation.

Zero    452

I've only recently found out about the private forums yesterday, that is when my group got accepted. But it could perhaps be because of  Introductions, off topic, and forum games post, but I hardly go in those sections so I would find it odd for forty or so posts being accumulated in those sections. Perhaps that is the answer, but unless this was a change that was made in the past day or so, I am not sure. I hope I don't take up to much of the staffs time because this isn't an "Important" issue, I just wasn't sure if it would hinder whether or not I could apply.

Rolle    2934

It's probably 2 things. The private forums were deleted, most likely some of them didn't have the correct option set on them to not add posts inside them to the global post count, much like off topic or introduction forums. It's supposed to be on, but I think the admin who created them forgot to set it, and that's why some people lost a lot of posts from their count when these forums were deleted.

Another thing is that the post counter is not always 100% accurate, it goes "out of sync" over time. To combat this we periodically run a recount of all posts on the forums so that the post counters are set to their actual correct values. We ran that task after the private forums were deleted, to reflect the correct post count on your accounts. This may have also resulted in some post count loss, due to the mentioned "desync" that happens over time.

Hope that answered your question :)