Server time: 2017-08-18, 22:18

Sign in to follow this  
Strikeh

Where do you go for decent RP?

Strikeh    2

I mean you personally, I'm not asking for advice or help.

And don't say Green Mountain. I'll admit it's good sometimes but when the RP there is bad, God, it's awful.

Eagle    343

well this is a hard one there is no real place were you can just go for the best Rp usually its up north but that is from my own experience since i pretty much stay up north.

The whole map is pretty much a place to find rp since no one really stays in one place any more since people get either thrown out off there places by bandits or just wanna move on.

Moxy    19

And don't say Green Mountain. I'll admit it's good sometimes but when the RP there is bad, God, it's awful.

Hey there. I don't normally respond to these types of questions, but I feel I have some input to add. Personally, I have never visited green mountain. Why? Well, because I have been to many player "hotspots" like green mountain in the past and have never enjoyed my time there. Places such as CDC camp, zub, prud, trade post ad virtually any place that a mass amount of players knew about and flocked to (except Solace).

These places always seemed to ruin the realism of the game for me. Dayz is all about fear. Fear of death and losing your gear and character. Fear of being deceived and taken hostage, and in general fear of dying. These places bring out the troll in anyone. Sitting around, bored, makes people act out. They start to say stupid things, act drunk, play music and do other things which are uncharacteristic of them anywhere else. 

Places I have always had the most RP was random encounters at night. Be it in a town, on a road, being hostage or what have you. Simply running into someone unexpected has lead to some awesome improvised RP. Albeit, I have to also try hard and put in good RP. The best RP seems to come when I am fully immersed. This means I have all conditions set: 1) I have no obligations, such as people around me, homework I should be doing, girlfriend awake etc. 2) I am looking to RP, not gear up. This sounds obvious, but when you REALLY care about your gear you will subconsciously avoid contact thus avoid RP. 3) Go along with things. Don't be afraid to follow someone, let your guard down, and be vulnerable. Too many people try to be "ready" at all times. This makes them too hostile and not able to enjoy the game.

In the end, let encounters be natural and flow. Fuck high pop areas. 

Lue    25

-What he said-

I have only been to Green Mountain and high pop areas because it felt like I had to, or I was tagging along with a group that was going there... What he has said about the places, is pretty much spot on... Even the most quiet of personality types tend to suddenly come out of their shell and practically do a Broadway spectacle there... Am I one to talk? Not really, but atleast my character is jubilant no matter where I am.. Acting out in Green Mountain is no different than anywhere else for me.. I tend to play the non-serious characters... I just dont find the fun in being overly serious and trying to turn this into a "real life simulator".

With that being said, however, I still find the RP at the high pop areas even beyond MY levels of tolerance at times.. Its mostly just the sheer amount of people talking at once that drives me up the wall... I cant process so many conversations at once and I find myself getting massive headaches there... 

There slim chances of finding good RP where people gather in abundance, just because the good RP will get drowned out by the bad... 

The best RP i've found has always been in remote locations and spontaneous and rather unexpected. I tend to just wander aimlessly and see what the game throws at me... ive gone whole sessions on DayZRP without finding a single person... it happens a lot for me.

I know a lot of people think its stupid or maybe even unrealistic, but I use a lamp quite often at night... I dont turn my gamma settings up to max so that i can see, so therefore its usually rather dark for me and I like using a lamp to guide the way... That usually bring people to you, as a side benefit (if thats what you want to happen)... People usually cant resist approaching a light, truck, or gunfire even (oddly enough...)

Make yourself known if you want... people will find you and come out of the woodwork... All depends on what you are looking to find... being loud and visible usually gets you some hostile RP.. people who prey on others will be baited and hooked by a lone survivor traveling, lit up like a beacon. ;)

Ender    501

i always go to my family the unnamed for good RP its so emotional at points to where you cant help but cry

Defiance    96

Joining a group will net you far better RP than traveling solo, no matter where you go.

Pussy    311

i always go to my family the unnamed for good RP its so emotional at points to where you cant help but cry

Like Ender said, I usually turn to those who I have created a relationship with in character for truly amazing role play. There's nothing quite like role playing with people who know and understand your character and their motivations. Not only that, but I feel like it's the easiest to be your character around those people that you can trust, and it's where a lot of development comes from!

As far as actually going town to town to meet people for "decent RP", then I say just keep looking around! Not very many people stay in the same place... a lot of them move around. The only two places right now that are almost always populated are Green Mountain, and Dolina... but I strongly suggest just walking around and stumbling across people!

Nocheluz    104

Kattica speaks the truth on this. We are in the same little group and have had some of the most emotional, meaningful RP ever. I keep a box of kleenex by my desk :)

But seriously, Rping with my little splinter family has changed my character in ways I never imagined when I first created her. It has been beyond rewarding and very addicting.

Meeting randoms at night has also been so much fun. They just seem to come out of nowhere, and there we are. Sometimes it's a brief encounter, sometimes it's a more lengthy kind of discussion. Either way, I'm always glad to have met them and come away unscathed due to the RP provided on both sides.

So no set place to go ultimately, run across it or talk to some groups. The world is your oyster out there! :D

miremare    0

Random encounters up North. Like Lue I often don't meet a single person for a whole session, but when I do it can be great. No multiple voice chatter, no TS parallel conversations, just one-on-one. I've met quite a few people walking in the middle of the road up there. I also use a lamp/chemlight in the night, it's a buzz to hear a voice come out of the darkness unexpectedly because they've seen you. Also, taking a vehicle up North and driving from one side of the map to the other at night, it feels spooky and desolate, and you just might pick up some hitchhikers!

Hellspawnceri    475

I travel around the map not focusing on one certain area. Some days I get to meet a lot of people, others I can go hours without any human contact. I'll admit I've visited Dolina a fair few times, but that's usually because I meet people there. Some of the best RP I've had is just talking to people who travel across the coastal areas, but I recon most people stay inland most of the time.

Harry    18

I agree with alot that has been said here. Take a look for example at the reports. Most of these reports have taken place in Green Mountain. Green Mountain would be the worst place to go since it attracts alot of trolls.. If you want instant rp than you should go north of dolina because there is a new kind of settlement. However you should take this as OOC information. So dont go there because you just red it on the forums. Dolina has became empty because of all the recent attacks. I am not to sure about the bandit triangle and the moment.

Chow    45

Popular places, because that is where everyone else is going.

LeSuiken    22

Anywhere and everywhere, approach everyone and enjoy the RP you get. Asking for 'decent' RP seems a bit high and mighty :P

TLake    23

I would say staying around Stary it's a good spot that or Novy. GM if I'm rolling with my boys.

NishiUrban    79

Honestly, the road from Vybor to Novy is where I see a lot of random people travelling too and from the west or east. It's probably because it's such a central part of the map that people usually familiarize themselves with in order to travel. Of course, that's not to say everyone will stop to greet you along the way.

Destinwolf    13

Usually get the best RP within the group I mostly play with. I find that a lot of my favorite random encounters have been towards the East Coast, and on the UK servers.

UK servers, Green Mountain I find people but it always ends up to be the same "Liberators", often immature rp, hold people up for no reason then just let them walk away with their weapon, quite the immature rp imo. I like Stary, Vybor and Dolina, and the occasional Gorka. Stary because it's a hotspot where people know their place, it's open and I often meet good roleplayers like Matt, Chinchilla, Yuri, Mak there, whenever I go there and there is people to rp with, it's pretty good. Dolina, for the dreaded Campfire Rp, but I get to rp with Timmy and the Vigil, honestly after the end of the reapers, I haven't found good rp in a while, I end up being hostile to everyone after a while because the bad/immature rp got on my nerves. ask any of the good rpers, I never get pissed off talking to them but I tend to get pissed off playing with people like the "Liberators".

That's my opinion anyway, no OOC hate it's just I've been pampered with good rp in the reapers, became hard when I came out to face reality

Jack Allen    18

I always stop by Stary and Novy if I can't find anyone anywhere else. Usually there is someone lurking around those towns.

Jester    48

I normally just search the northern cities. Maybe check out the triangle. and in between that time I RP with my group.

But if you wanna find the hot spots. Ask in game where people have been meeting a lot of people lately and head in that direction. Normally its not to hard to find a group of people hanging out near the coast.

Vandy    34

I was amazed of the amount of people I found near the northern coastline. I forgot how nice those places were. There is allot of RP potential over there. I will be trying to settle down in a nice cosy village and create a new settlement.

Just as stated above, settlements are only temporary. As soon as the whole server gets word of it, the places get overrun and die out. But it's worth a shot!

LeSuiken    22

I was amazed of the amount of people I found near the northern coastline. I forgot how nice those places were. There is allot of RP potential over there. I will be trying to settle down in a nice cosy village and create a new settlement.

Just as stated above, settlements are only temporary. As soon as the whole server gets word of it, the places get overrun and die out. But it's worth a shot!

800px-Kamyshovo_-_AerialShot.jpg?version=3ea02ddc4f57e982f3833bd5cb695579

Kayshovo is a great place, very underestimated in my opinion. It has a well and a whole lot of interesting buildings. Roads connecting to two major cities (and a smaller road going inland for your hiking pleasure!). You will have people traveling through on a regular basis. Did I mention there is a small isle off to the side of the village, a nice place to fish and just relax! I have had thoughts of setting something up in this location.

-----

Oh and to stay on topic of the thread, last time I met a lot of people was up in GM, which is a place you seemed to dislike. I also ran into a group of people in Stary and Novy, since that's the hotspot right now.

OFA-Faux    4

Gorka - Novy - Stary - Kab - Vybor

Just kinda run around there like a chicken with its head cut off and eventually ill find a couple people to RP with. 50% good 50% alright.

As far as settlements go all the recent ones have been ruined because IMO the current rules lean towards bandits and not settlers which is sad and really needs to be balanced out. However despite all the problems I will still goto the next one because they are awesome for meeting new characters that generally hang around places i dont goto often (since i only every hang around the middle of the map and the east.)

I try to avoid places where PHAT LOOTZ spawn ie VMC and NWAF because people there are more interested in 10/10 Gear RP than actually roleplaying and will try to cut things short to get back to them dank drum mag rp.

South Zagoria, that's where I go for decent RP, I don't hang around one place so I just move around a lot and sometimes you run into great RP sometimes you run into "10 sec drop wep", but I guess the road leading from Vybor-Kabanino-Novy Sobor-Stary Sobor-Gorka is where most people are so I take that road and see what happens.