Server time: 2017-08-23, 11:51

Sign in to follow this  
DanielsTV

North Carolina Based Map (For Future DayZ)

DanielsTV    6

So I was thinking a bit about how often I trip to North Carolina and how much I love it there. Then I realized how great of a map this would be for pure survival, at least a section of NC. I was thinking that maybe someone could make a map about the size of the current Chernarus + build we are playing on and make a North Carolina Boone/Blowing Rock based map, or maybe even made/copied visually using google earth/maps. My question is: How many people would actually play on this the same amount, or more, than they play on Chernarus. I think it would be a beastly map, with the mountains, isolated houses, dense woods, wildlife, and even the choice of a winter map that would be uploaded to the server (with the same player data) when it came around that time in server time. Anyways, give some feedback on this, and if anyone knows how to make maps and such (for ArmA 3 at least), would you make it, personally? ~Daniels

Heroz_Nick    21

I think I would prefer a new location/concept of a map. perhaps maybe Europe or even asia..something different for once OR even a open world survival world map :o would defo play

Montanez    25

Anywhere in the US would be fun. I'd love to see a DayZ map based on America.

I've played Miscreated which has the most beautiful and realistic map i've seen and i can tell you that if a map like that comes to DayZ, It would be the only game i'd play.

Glitch    15

As laggy as it'd be I have always liked big city survival, high rising buildings side by side with overgrowth. But a new area would be nice, I honestly really want snow at this point. I would love to see snowy pine forests and snowy mountain dunes.

Red    149

I would love a map based in the United States.. I just really think some of the places that the country has to offer are great for these kind of games. H1Z1 did it and as much as I dislike the game itself, the map has some really good spots. It's definitely not great but it shows potential.

It's probably never going to happen though. Not unless we get to mod it ourselves.

DanielsTV    6

I would love a map based in the United States.. I just really think some of the places that the country has to offer are great for these kind of games. H1Z1 did it and as much as I dislike the game itself, the map has some really good spots. It's definitely not great but it shows potential.

It's probably never going to happen though. Not unless we get to mod it ourselves.

I'd rather it be community made than dev made... there is no way I can trust them to make a map based on a completely different area.

Igi    4

As laggy as it'd be I have always liked big city survival, high rising buildings side by side with overgrowth. But a new area would be nice, I honestly really want snow at this point. I would love to see snowy pine forests and snowy mountain dunes.

God damnit man... Now I have to drop project L and remake the Last of Us in ArmA 3 or something.

Glitch    15

God damnit man... Now I have to drop project L and remake the Last of Us in ArmA 3 or something.

Haha big cities that are overgrown are awesome, if you made a map like that I'd play it.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

Anywhere in the US would be fun. I'd love to see a DayZ map based on America.

I've played Miscreated which has the most beautiful and realistic map i've seen and i can tell you that if a map like that comes to DayZ, It would be the only game i'd play.

Yo imagine if it's in Chicago...

That would fry my rig, but still...

Igi    4

Haha big cities that are overgrown are awesome, if you made a map like that I'd play it.

The lag would be immense in such a detailed environment in the ArmA engine sadly... Though, the new map that is being released at the start of next year looks like really dense jungle, so perhaps they're working on some performance upgrades.

Gunner101    5

Why not in straya? Swear the dropbears are more dangerous then the zombies.........

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/n5KCSjWTyR

Already done.

Yeah played it with a tac group its entertaining, but id mainly love to see the europeans try to do an Aussie accent, "Gday mate, give me all ya tucker" but im not serious about it mainly love to try a map besides cherno

TEazy97    8

The lag would be immense in such a detailed environment in the ArmA engine sadly... Though, the new map that is being released at the start of next year looks like really dense jungle, so perhaps they're working on some performance upgrades.

link?

Igi    4

link?

[video=youtube]

It's amazing, I can't wait for it's release.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

Chicago? How about Central Illinois? Smalll farm towns and some big cities everywhere.

Imagine driving onto the Tarmac on O'Hare whilst being chased by a shit ton of zombies

Imagine the firefights in downtown

Tall ass buildings flanking you.

Then there's the lake.

Can chill there or you know go fishing

TEazy97    8

link?

[video=youtube]

It's amazing, I can't wait for it's release.

Really digging this! I love the jungle, and firefights there would be amazing! The islands you can only get to by boat also!

Chris    61

futurama-shut-up-and-take-my-money-card-34.jpg

I+envy+his+level+of+disposable+income+_b71221a83a2df0051cef74c7fd655965.gif

DanielsTV    6

PLEAASSEEEEEEE. Seriously, both are going to be fucking awesome.

Dougie    23

I live in teh north carolinas and it is gr8 place m8 i r8 8/8 would be teh dankest map teh dayz haz evar seen

Why not in straya? Swear the dropbears are more dangerous then the zombies.........

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/n5KCSjWTyR

Already done.

Darling Harbour with straw shacks like it's Hawaii... That area is a yuppie watering hole. Who the fuck made this? I'm all for anywhere that isn't Eastern Europe. Preferably urban areas - one of the only reasons I like BF4 at all was because it had maps set in China - specifically Shanghai.

well... what a lot of people aren't considering when they want maps is the realism. if you want China, Shang Hai/Bei Jing, it's not viable because of the high population and lack of guns, don't give me that bullshit that the military died and their guns dropped because you ain't goin to be fighting through hordes of zombies just to get one gun. a country like USA would be interesting but it has been done in FallOut, do we really want another game where it's country side but inside of AKs we have ARs? urban areas like Atlanta or Dellas in Georgia and Texas aren't going to be a viable place with the over average population they have, not to mention it's the city where are you going to find a lot of guns to survive? sure in Chernarus there are big towns like Novo, Elektro but Chernarus didn't have that high of a population in the first place not to mention everyone is foreigners. it's isolated.

the only places in Asia I can see a game like DayZ would be effective is Tibet where there is a small population like Chernarus, more isolated and shit like that. but even then Guns in Asia are mostly banned and can only be achieved by military or blackmarket. the USA would be easier but it has to be a country side, cities will be a little tough to do if you want a good amount of realism.

don't give me that bullshit that the military died and their guns dropped because you ain't goin to be fighting through hordes of zombies just to get one gun. 

The latter is a fair point, but what about the former? You don't think police/riot police/SWAT-equivalent and military would step in? You don't think that place would go full martial law? 

And half of this forum complains about excessive military weapons anyway, I don't think people would have problems actually having to RP zombie apocalypse axe/crowbar/blunt weapon carnage in order to get their hands on any sort of firearm.