Server time: 2017-10-21, 23:12
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Samaritan

PSU Question

Question

Samaritan    346

Hello all,

My luck with PC's seems to be terrible at the moment...

So I have been using my PC for about two months and a few days ago I went to switch it on and then 'BANG', the fuse blows in the plug and my house descends into darkness (it tripped the trip switch). I replaced the fuse in the plug and tried again and same thing happens. I therefore assumed it must have been the power supply messing up because I tested the power lead in my old PC and it was fine. I had improved the graphics card and memory when I first got it which over time could have burnt out the PSU (again I'm assuming).

So long story short I have replaced it with one from my old PC. The one from my old PC is 900Watt and the one I took out of the newer was 400Watt.

Finally my question is, was this OK to do with the PSU (400Watt to 900Watt)? Do I need to change anything in the BIOS etc.?

Thanks

Samaritan

3 answers to this question

Samaritan    346

This can be solved. everything seems to be running fine...I hope :)

Oliv    1882

There shouldn't be anything needed to be done in the bios. Just try and calculate roughly what the load on your computer is. I currently run my rig on a 400W with no problems but its all down to your components.

Worst case scenario, your going to blow this PSU

Jm Von Cat    154

Well then, seeing this solved itself... Or was some sneaky behind the scenes help I will mark this as solved :P

/solving