Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:23

Sign in to follow this  
Samaritan

PSU Question

Question

Samaritan    251

Hello all,

My luck with PC's seems to be terrible at the moment...

So I have been using my PC for about two months and a few days ago I went to switch it on and then 'BANG', the fuse blows in the plug and my house descends into darkness (it tripped the trip switch). I replaced the fuse in the plug and tried again and same thing happens. I therefore assumed it must have been the power supply messing up because I tested the power lead in my old PC and it was fine. I had improved the graphics card and memory when I first got it which over time could have burnt out the PSU (again I'm assuming).

So long story short I have replaced it with one from my old PC. The one from my old PC is 900Watt and the one I took out of the newer was 400Watt.

Finally my question is, was this OK to do with the PSU (400Watt to 900Watt)? Do I need to change anything in the BIOS etc.?

Thanks

Samaritan

3 answers to this question

Samaritan    251

This can be solved. everything seems to be running fine...I hope :)

Oliv    1550

There shouldn't be anything needed to be done in the bios. Just try and calculate roughly what the load on your computer is. I currently run my rig on a 400W with no problems but its all down to your components.

Worst case scenario, your going to blow this PSU