Server time: 2017-08-18, 18:16

Sign in to follow this  
Clumsy

Finding old friends.

Clumsy    140

Having made her way back to the area she had called home for some time, Rose stopped inside a small hunting shack for a moment to rest. Sliding the heavy backpack off her shoulders she slunk it down onto the floor before lowering herself to sit down beside it. She had heard the broadcast, the song, if you could even call it an actual broadcast but she got the message. Now she just had to find her boys again. Digging through her bag she found the small black radio. Flicking it on to make sure it still had some juice left in the battery she smiled seeing the red light blink on. For the next hour she would flick through all the frequencies to relay the same message. In hopes that one of them would reply.

"Hello, If anyone can hear this...My name is Rose Troyan. Most of you I'm sure have no idea who I am, as the ones that do are most likely dead. I'm looking for some old...'friends' of mine. I'll be switching channels throughout the hour to get this message out but I'll be settling on 92.4 after words.."

Releasing the button she stared at the device. Would they even accept her back? Who all was still alive...Turning the radio to the next frequency she continued the same message until finally tuning in to 92.4. 

Ark    198

Sitting on top of a light house looking out over the sea, Ryan moved his backpack in front of him and started to rummage through it. after a few moments he pulled out a map , radio , an old book, and a pen. he turned on the radio and sat it down beside him then began using the book as something hard to write on he placed the map on top and began to mark some locations on it. some time went by and it was getting late  before he finally heard the message. Dropping everything at once he picked up the radio and held down the button hoping to reach her before she was gone.

"Rose its good to hear from you, are you ok? are you hurt?" he breaks off for a second  and begins to talk again  "Listen things have changed I need to speak to you in person......"

Letting go of the button he sets the radio back down and begins to wonder if she heard him.

Clumsy    140

As she was just about to switch the radio off she heard a voice on the other side. Staring at the radio for a moment she swore she knew that voice, like hearing a ghost. Bringing the device up to her lips she pressed down the button saying nothing for a long pause before finally speaking. 

"R-Ryan? you..um..yeah I'm fine but..you...you're dead..."

She had heard from a couple people that he had been one of the people who was killed. Granted there was no body found but still. Wasn't like it was uncommon no a days. Clearing her throat she pressed the button down again.

"I'm just now getting my bearings. Once I figure out where I am we can meet up...anyone else with you?"

Ark    198

Ryan shook his head  before picking back up his radio and replying.

"Pft who told you that nonsense.....But....yeah..... I've got  a few people with me if you thought I was dead you'll be in for a bigger surprise when you see who im with."

He let go of the button and  picked up the map, book ,and pen  he had dropped earlier and went back to work.