Server time: 2017-10-19, 00:10
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Morgan Riggs

ACRE - Radio communication

Just wanted to throw out this ACRE radio communication pack

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment

Here is some information about the addon, not going to write to much about it since it may already been suggested.

So, this is an addon that adds a few radios which you can use to communicate over a far distance in game.

Every radio has it's own max range, channels/frequencies, and style.

I suggest that the best radio with 100 channels / frequencies and max range is the only "Hand-radio" that is going to be implemented.

The rest of them are not very useful due to there very short transmitting range. They should be disabled in the addon and we then decrees the weight of the addon.

The next type of radio is two big radios / rack radios, they have a huge transmitting range, but they replace your backpack. That for me does not seem useful in anyway, unless you have a permanent base which you can put the radio in.

And the last type of radio is the vehicle radio. You can pick up channels and listen to them while you are in a vehicle.

Here is a list of the different radios. As I said before we could remove the useless / short range radios to decrees the size of the addon.

* Five ACRE-Specific Radios

. AN/PRC-117F man pack radio

. AN/PRC-119 man pack radio

. AN/PRC-148 handheld radio

. AN/PRC-152 handheld radio

. AN/PRC-343 personal role radio

* Vehicles now contain rack mounts and already included radios!

. AN/VRC-103 (AN/PRC-117F Vehicle Rack)

. AN/VRC-111 (AN/PRC-148 Vehicle Rack)

. AN/VRC-110 (AN/PRC-152 Vehicle Rack)

* Rack mounts contain loud speakers that allow anyone within hearing distance to listen to radio conversations!

* 100% ACE2 Compatible

. Integration with all ACE2 man pack radios, using default AN/PRC-119 statistics.

Here is a video about the different radios

And here is a live test of the person radios and vehicle radios

I don't really think this will be used for combat, and that is why I suggest we remove the short range radios.

Though the long range radios can be nice for RP, sending a broadcast, alerting friends about hostiles on roads etc.

I don't know more than this, but we can discuss this and maybe dig deeper if it sounds like a good idea :)

Guest Jamie   
Guest Jamie

Hello, we have tested with the ACRE mod before and it just does not fit well with this server forcing everybody into teamspeak is just unrealistic, so this will not be put into the mod. Sorry.

Good suggestion but I would suggest using the search function in the future as this has been covered in detail.

Previous similar threads:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-teamspeak-3-radio-item?page=3&highlight=acre

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-a-c-r-e?highlight=acre

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-someone-got-acre-mod-to-work-on-dayz?highlight=acre

Hello, we have tested with the ACRE mod before and it just does not fit well with this server forcing everybody into teamspeak is just unrealistic, so this will not be put into the mod. Sorry.

Good suggestion but I would suggest using the search function in the future as this has been covered in detail.

Previous similar threads:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-teamspeak-3-radio-item?page=3&highlight=acre

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-a-c-r-e?highlight=acre

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-someone-got-acre-mod-to-work-on-dayz?highlight=acre

Searched for ACRE, but did not get anything. Anyway to bad everyone has to be on TS for it to work =/ Then I agree with you

Is there anyone that knows why they had to use TS for it to work?

Can't you just create a number of in game channels and transmit over them?

Rel    0

It is just how it works. TS is more versatile than easier to use/change than the ARMA 2 channel system.

It is just how it works. TS is more versatile than easier to use/change than the ARMA 2 channel system.

Ok thanks. I will keep my eyes open for a in game channel system instead

Rolle    2938

ACRE is awesome, but as people above said we've tested it already. In order for it to work everyone on the server would have to join the same TS and channel - imagine 50 people on TS and the chaos :D

ACRE is awesome, but as people above said we've tested it already. In order for it to work everyone on the server would have to join the same TS and channel - imagine 50 people on TS and the chaos :D

Yeah that sounds really crappy.

But there might be a way to work with the channels. I am going to dig into the codez and find out

Tortov    0

Isnt ACRE linked with TS3 in a fashion that means, you only hear people that are near you, unless speaking over radio?

Although this would certainly add to the RP experience it is impractical to force up to 200 people to join a Teamspeak 3 channel and enable ACRE.

Blizzard    0

I would love the realism it brings, but it is kinda impractical to make people join ts. would be nice if you had a choice

Glenn    10

Well radio's are awesome.

But there need to be done something maybe about the voice chat.

When you are in the TP you can hear someone clearly from the other side and everyone is screaming around asking where the person is.

Or in general, they are screaming in the TP....

Should be cool that when you scream like in ace that you really do scream in game, so you have to talk louder if you want to talk further.

Guest Demarcus King   
Guest Demarcus King

In all honesty there have been more than 200 people on teamspeak using full ACE mod required servers and there was nothing negative about it. We should have a public community vote if we want ACRE on the server.

Plus if the server required ACRE when you join you'll be able to connect directly into the Teamspeak channels. People shouldn't be lazy. Because roleplay isn't being lazy..

Guest xLOCOx   
Guest xLOCOx

^^^^^ second that +1