Server time: 2017-08-17, 08:12

Sign in to follow this  
Glitch

Character/lore question.

Question

Glitch    15

Correct me if I am wrong but I didn't see a forum about this. Would it be against the lore to be a new survivor of Chernarus. Lets say I wanted to try a character that is new to Chernarus, maybe just arrived a week from the current day IG. So he would be very cautious and everyone is a stranger. I know the lore says communications outside of Chernarus are very difficult to be had so I am not sure if me arriving in Chernarus because I heard a radio transmission or whatever would be against the lore. And this isn't my current character just thinking about the topic because I have met some people IC who claim to have just recently arrived in Chernarus. So you know I don't want to be like "Oh yeah I just arrived, what a coincidence I was planning to come here on vacation and well the apocalypse is here!" If I wanted to say back in the US we received a poor radio transmission requesting help from yadda yadda (probably someone I would know like a relative who went there) and that's why I am here, would that go against lore or would it be okay? Because lore says there is a CHANCE you can communicate with the outside world but it's not very likely.

10 answers to this question

Civilisation has sorta collapsed (including most military infrastructure). So I'm not sure how strong the blockade/quarantine is on Chernarus (if at all) - Other countries and territories have been overrun and I doubt are trying to blockade Chernarus.

I suppose you could have ended up in Chernarus somehow, but I wouldn't opt in for something like "Flew in on a military/government etc. helicopter/plane." It'd be more likely you trekked over from a neighbouring territory or a small boat or something.

Glitch    15

Civilisation has sorta collapsed (including most military infrastructure). So I'm not sure how strong the blockade/quarantine is on Chernarus (if at all) - Other countries and territories have been overrun and I doubt are trying to blockade Chernarus.

I suppose you could have ended up in Chernarus somehow, but I wouldn't opt in for something like "Flew in on a military/government etc. helicopter/plane." It'd be more likely you trekked over from a neighbouring territory or a small boat or something.

Yeah wasn't planning on the plane haha but that's true it may not be so blocked but the lore says communications are unknown who or what they are being jammed by. But I don't think I would use that now that I think about it and I might not even do it at all, just some thoughts.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

I think it is possible. There was a group that got approved not to long ago call CHELOVECHKI Which entered chenarus from the northern mountainous border.

Zero    276

Radio transmissions have hinted strongly at the entire blockade either being destroyed or have left to pull back and protect their homelands, radio jamming devices are no longer active, and I'm pretty sure China, as well as other nations ended up using nuclear weapons against themselves.

Glitch    15

Might be worth reading the broadcast threads. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-DayZRP-Standalone-Lore-The-Broadcasts To double check your character fits the lore, instead of one of these just flew in to NWAF characters.

Haha yeah.

Yep I would assume as well radio jammers are down at this point but I'm thinking if I am a new survivor I would be a runaway from the British PMC/Military or whatever over in Takistan. Most likely not a soldier either probably a tag along they had saved or something.

Pussy    311

Radio transmissions have hinted strongly at the entire blockade either being destroyed or have left to pull back and protect their homelands, radio jamming devices are no longer active, and I'm pretty sure China, as well as other nations ended up using nuclear weapons against themselves.

Just as Walker has explained, the lore does "hint" towards the blockade no longer being there. You can see the radio broadcasts here

In the 93rd post on the provided page, the broadcast states: "-zzzzt-and according to multiple sources Turkey, Georgia and Russia have now withdrawn forces from the Chernarus quara-zzzzt-n order to maintain the ongoing fight at -zzzzzzt-melands."

That is just one of the many instances that give us as the players the idea that the barricades are gone.

Not only this, but many people have role played that their character have just come from Russia, or are going to Russia. So within the realm of that, it would be alright to portray your character just having come to Chernarus. Besides, it might be interesting role play for your character to come and talk about his/her backstory and enlighten some of the survivors who haven't been enlightened on the state of the barricades!

I hope all these sources and testimonies have been helpful to you. Does this answer your original question?

Guest Bro_941   
Guest Bro_941

Hello,

I believe that is ok to do but don't go by my word I think if you go to standalone drop down and then go to lore it will have some guidelines for you to go around just give those a read and see if it will give you some general information about what you can do. 

Hoped this helped you in any way possible, and I am always glad to help anyone so if anyone has any question you can just PM me and ill try my hardest to answer them to the best of my ability!

-Bro

My Goals:

• Post 500 times on the forums
  • Get a REP of 300
  • Join a well known clan
  • Become known in the forum community
  • Become apart of the DayZRP Staff Team

Glitch    15

Just as Walker has explained, the lore does "hint" towards the blockade no longer being there. You can see the radio broadcasts here

In the 93rd post on the provided page, the broadcast states: "-zzzzt-and according to multiple sources Turkey, Georgia and Russia have now withdrawn forces from the Chernarus quara-zzzzt-n order to maintain the ongoing fight at -zzzzzzt-melands."

That is just one of the many instances that give us as the players the idea that the barricades are gone.

I hope all these sources and testimonies have been helpful to you. Does this answer your original question?

Yep I'm good thank you all.

Pussy    311

Alright, Teletub7! I'm going to mark this as /solved now, since you said that it had answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to come into the Helpdesk and ask any of the Community Helpers available, or PM us here on the forums with any questions, comments, or concerns!

I'm glad you got some clarification! Have a good one! c: