Server time: 2017-08-21, 12:22

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stolas

RTX - Character Age showing progression.

Guest Stolas   
Guest Stolas

So I saw this whilst reading through /r/Dayz and had a fleeting dread, down the road when this feature is implemented, do you think DayZRP is going to be filled with pensioners with long grey beards? I'm personally hoping it shows a variant of scars, dirt and blood stains on a character. 

61d6b64acd843e8107fe40c4c3ff77c9.png

Hyborith    0

Well, at least we can see who the most grizzled hardboiled survivors are haha

To be fairly honest, I think by the time we'll see that feature, we'll all be grey-bearded pensioners ourselves.

But it'd sure be interesting to have a clear difference between a rosecheeked freshspawn and a grizzled survivor, if only by the length of the beard (or presence thereof).

Destinwolf    13

It would be cool to see your hair and beard get longer over time. They also showed some concepts of base building. Looks pretty sweet!

Samaritan    254

That is an interesting concept but surely you would age over years not months. I can understand hair/beards etc. but skin, not so sure.

Hyborith    0

That is an interesting concept but surely you would age over years not months. I can understand hair/beards etc. but skin, not so sure.

Remember the old Xbox advert.

[video=youtube]

Glitch    15

They wont let us turn into bears, they will probably limit how hairy and aged you get as well as they probably will add some way to trim or totally shave your beard/long hair.

Keep in mind a day in DayZ passes in hour(s). Time is not 1:1. I'm gonna assume a character that's been alive a few months would show signs of aging. Not senior age, but some grizzled/worn out characteristics.

They'd gauge the aging off of pub - if it's meant to indicate how long a character has been alive on PUBLIC then a few months should give you a badge of honour - if not a few weeks.

Also it might be a combination of both character lifespan since creation AND hours spent in game on said character.

Knowing how broken DayZ my character will probably end up like Benjamin Button...

JDoberman    44

They need to get rid of the ugly faces of the developers because everyone knows that Matt doesn't need any more hair, k. His hair is like a afro that sticks through all hats.

Samaritan    254

Knowing how broken DayZ my character will probably end up like Benjamin Button...

I was just going to write a similar thing.

It is nice as a concept but ultimately I think it would be too hard to implement. They need to fix the things that are broken in game at the moment before they even think of other things. However if they do implement it I'd be impressed. I'd be happy with just being able to customise the character more.

NishiUrban    79

New bug, accelerated aging, we all die of old age in about a week of playing or less. 

Seems like a strong possibility anyway.

Chow    45

I do think i've read somewhere that your character will age with ingame time.

And a Character can at max live 2 months IG.

- This is 1440 hours of playing.

Start as a 20 ish year old guy/girl and you age over time ingame.

- Pretty cool consept and if it ever where to happen i would love it.

Oliv    1565

Sweet. Finally some interesting Buddhist RP will be possible. Character dies of old age, but you're still that character. Take that new life rule! :)

New bug, accelerated aging, we all die of old age in about a week of playing or less. 

Seems like a strong possibility anyway.

Would not be surprising one bit to be honest.

I think just growing a beard is enough, that is all we need, everyone will value their life because we can all have a beard. 

I just hope I can have a beard IG as I can't grow one IRL... blonde problems....

But I don't want to die of old age... I don't think I will ever live or play 1440 hours on one character but still :(

Chow    45

FlashCrack

But I don't want to die of old age... I don't think I will ever live or play 1440 hours on one character but still :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I failed...

Still a good consept tho.

Sweet. Finally some interesting Buddhist RP will be possible. Character dies of old age, but you're still that character. Take that new life rule! :)

Well.

It would have to be edited a bit, the rule.

When the character dies of old age you would have to perma or something..

And when you die of old age, you will either have to exit, or respawn.