Server time: 2017-08-20, 23:13

Sign in to follow this  
Glitch

Group ideas.

Glitch    15

I feel this one is more unique. I was thinking about maybe trying to make a group whether it's official or not that is all about mystery and conspiracy, The Conspiracists. A group who strictly try to figure out things about the apocalypse, or any groups that may come on suspicious and mysterious, or even have thoughts about how large the moon is (which I had posted in another forum). I think this might be interesting and create some of that good deep mind blowing sort of thoughts.

As for my other idea I was thinking about bringing back The Faith but in my own way. I'd probably call it The Hope or The new Light and would try to make it how the old faith was from my knowledge anyway. They were more about RP and doing all these ritualistic things? But they slowly died down. So more of that along with other interesting plans, I'm not too sure yet but please let me know how these sound as ideas.

Pussy    311

As for my other idea I was thinking about bringing back The Faith but in my own way. I'd probably call it The Hope or The new Light and would try to make it how the old faith was from my knowledge anyway. They were more about RP and doing all these ritualistic things? But they slowly died down. So more of that along with other interesting plans, I'm not too sure yet but please let me know how these sound as ideas.

As far as this would be concerned, you would need to get the permission of the leader of The Faith, because it would be frowned upon for you to create a group using the same ideas.

As far as your ideas on "The Conspirators*" goes, it actually has been done before to have a suspicious group that sparked controversy. The problem that those types of groups find is that it's hard to keep your identity actually a secret. It's hard, but not impossible so try not to feel discouraged if you really like that idea! A group like that can be pulled off, at least I believe so... it's just a lot trickier of a thing to accomplish.

Volke    132

I think it wouldn't hurt to have another cult like group, Hope or New Light sound cool , I would be interested in how it would be different from the Faith or would it would bring to the table in regards to cult style rp as at least for me , having 3 reboots of the Family/Maker has gotten it old for me. I'd like to see a new style cult though :)

Regarding the Conspirators , it sounds unique however with the amount of purposeful/accidental metagaming that occurs... I doubt it would be easily doable. The concept is unique I'll give you that, I'm just thinking of how the rp would keep fresh and what exactly you would do? You would also need to run by the staff team I assume to find out what you can/can't discover and where the line is drawn at power gaming the lore. Would they be scientist? What are they basing their knowledge off of? How does discovering the conspiracy stop the problem at hand? And what do you plan to bring to the community with this rp, how will it stay fresh because for me it sounds like it would get boring fast...Anyways

Tldr: Good Ideas at hand, but needs more fleshing out IMO :)

bigwiz14    23

I thought of making a group called the Ludus and just being gladiators. Travel the map and forcing slaves to fight (with their permission) to the death with improvised weapons, swords, axes and fists. Funny enough I had the idea that the crowd throws weapons to the gladiators. The better the weapon they throw in, the better and deadlier the fight.

I might still do it, because it would be a lot of fun. We'd operate out of Zub castle, so we're near players. We will train the gladiators and accept food from the crowd, since we wouldn't operate for free. The group itself would make permadeath gladiators. The better you fight the longer you last. We would have maybe 2 characters who stay through it all, like the announcer, dominus and trainers.

PM me if anyone is interested, because I think this could be a lot of fun and a good change of pace for RP.

Glitch    15

I think it wouldn't hurt to have another cult like group, Hope or New Light sound cool , I would be interested in how it would be different from the Faith or would it would bring to the table in regards to cult style rp as at least for me , having 3 reboots of the Family/Maker has gotten it old for me.  I'd like to see a new style cult though :)

Regarding the Conspirators , it sounds unique however with the amount of purposeful/accidental metagaming that occurs... I doubt it would be easily doable.  The concept is unique I'll give you that, I'm just thinking of how the rp would keep fresh and what exactly you would do? You would also need to run by the staff team I assume to find out what you can/can't discover and where the line is drawn at power gaming the lore. Would they be scientist? What are they basing their knowledge off of? How does discovering the conspiracy stop the problem at hand? And what do you plan to bring to the community with this rp, how will it stay fresh because for me it sounds like it would get boring fast...Anyways

Well that was my plan, I did say bring back the faith in my own way so a religious group yes but I would come up with my own ideas.

I think it wouldn't hurt to have another cult like group, Hope or New Light sound cool , I would be interested in how it would be different from the Faith or would it would bring to the table in regards to cult style rp as at least for me , having 3 reboots of the Family/Maker has gotten it old for me.  I'd like to see a new style cult though :)

Regarding the Conspirators , it sounds unique however with the amount of purposeful/accidental metagaming that occurs... I doubt it would be easily doable.  The concept is unique I'll give you that, I'm just thinking of how the rp would keep fresh and what exactly you would do? You would also need to run by the staff team I assume to find out what you can/can't discover and where the line is drawn at power gaming the lore. Would they be scientist? What are they basing their knowledge off of? How does discovering the conspiracy stop the problem at hand? And what do you plan to bring to the community with this rp, how will it stay fresh because for me it sounds like it would get boring fast...Anyways

Well that was my plan, I did say bring back the faith in my own way so a religious group yes but I would come up with my own ideas.

Please make a new religious group that has nothing to do with the family. 

It's a storyline that 95% of us original members have concluded as a group and only continue on as separate characters if even that.

Let it stay buried and retain it's good name. Even though I strongly doubt Shiro will give permission for anyone but himself to run it, and I know Neszy won't let the Broken be pursued by anyone not previously in the group, and even then it's skeptical.

Glitch    15

Hmm, what if I made a religious group but the religion followed mother nature in a sense. People would probably call them nature freaks and they would most of the time be in the woods, wear clothing from animals and do weird things like speak to nature, of course keeping it serious so it doesn't seem trolly. I know that the men from container 21, at least I think it was them did a thing where they all found their spirit animal but they didn't seem super nature oriented.

Samaritan    254

Hmm, what if I made a religious group but the religion followed mother nature in a sense. People would probably call them nature freaks and they would most of the time be in the woods, wear clothing from animals and do weird things like speak to nature, of course keeping it serious so it doesn't seem trolly. I know that the men from container 21, at least I think it was them did a thing where they all found their spirit animal but they didn't seem super nature oriented.

Based on Contemporary Paganism maybe?

"Most Pagans, however, believe in the divine character of the natural world and Paganism is often described as an "Earth religion".

Glitch    15

Based on Contemporary Paganism maybe?

"Most Pagans, however, believe in the divine character of the natural world and Paganism is often described as an "Earth religion".

That would basically be it but I would probably create some of my own ideas to make it more than just nature people haha. Not sure what though, but it would work well with .58 because there will finally be a nice amount of animals and there will be more weather.

Destinwolf    13

I have a lot of ideas laid out in a word doc I've been working on for about a month now. It is an occult group that I would like to see in Chernarus, and perhaps sometime soon, I'll put it up and see if it gets accepted or not.

I don't feel like Shiro would give you permission to bring back The Faith. I don't see the harm in asking him though.

Glitch    15

I have a lot of ideas laid out in a word doc I've been working on for about a month now. It is an occult group that I would like to see in Chernarus, and perhaps sometime soon, I'll put it up and see if it gets accepted or not.

I don't feel like Shiro would give you permission to bring back The Faith. I don't see the harm in asking him though.

I'm not going to, just wanted to bring back some sort of religious group and now I'm starting to want to do this whole nature religion and see where that goes.

Destinwolf    13

I'm not going to, just wanted to bring back some sort of religious group and now I'm starting to want to do this whole nature religion and see where that goes.

Nature religion? I'm curious now. Sort of like Wicca then? I agree that DayZRP lacks religious groups. There should be more end-of-times religious zealots in Chernarus.

Glitch    15

Nature religion? I'm curious now. Sort of like Wicca then? I agree that DayZRP lacks religious groups. There should be more end-of-times religious zealots in Chernarus.

Yeah sort of, live off the land, claim home in the wilderness, speak to nature in a non trolly way and I will probably add some odd twists in there and such to make it unique.

Destinwolf    13

Yeah sort of, live off the land, claim home in the wilderness, speak to nature in a non trolly way and I will probably add some odd twists in there and such to make it unique.

I'd be interested to read more about it when you put your group idea up. Send me a PM for when you do.

NishiUrban    79

As long as you don't call whatever you worship, the Maker, trust me that wouldn't end well. Show everyone there's a new cult on the block, fresh cool aid for everyone!

Glitch    15

As long as you don't call whatever you worship, the Maker, trust me that wouldn't end well. Show everyone there's a new cult on the block, fresh cool aid for everyone!

Lol yeah that's my plan if I do this.