Server time: 2017-08-21, 12:18

Sign in to follow this  
Dethorhyne

Going ooc as a new player

Question

Dethorhyne    8

I have a question about going ooc.

Today when I played for the first timw after being whitelisted i geared up and another fella came close and asked me if I'm from a vigilantee group due to my white armband (sorry if I got the name wrong) which I was not + I had no idea what he was talking about but I played along. Is it okay to declare othera of being new to dayzrp if they ask about a certain procedure that's not known outside community?

Sorry for typos. I'm at work writing on my phone

9 answers to this question

Brad    155

Going OOC is reserved for emergencies and sometimes glitches.  It would be strongly recommeded that you don't OOC this situation and roleplay it the best you can.

You can only go //OOC for really important things. The question of being part of the Vigil can be RP'ed out entirely without going OOC. Just have the other party explain what it is.

That goes for everything you don't understand storywise, just the the other party explain it to your character.

Furthermore try reading up on the forums, there you find lots of usefull background info.

Dethorhyne    8

Going OOC is reserved for emergencies and sometimes glitches.  It would be strongly recommeded that you don't OOC this situation and roleplay it the best you can.

Which I did, but I did tell him 'I'm new around here' IC. But then again there was no way of me knowing that that group roamed around berezino with white armbands. Is there a page here where I can read about current meta in dayzrp?

Voodoo    366

Here is the lore of the servers:

http://www.dayzrp.com/lore

This will explain how the infection started and what happened to the land of south Zagoria during the fall to the infection. It is wise to read through this so you have an idea of events leading up for your character to be where they are.

Going OOC (as stated above) is reserved for emergencies only and should not be abused as a way to communicate with others about random things in life.

Hope this helps

Like many others said:

Using OOC is only allowed in emergencies and not for normal things.

Does this answer your question?

First I would suggest you take a look at this guide regarding the use of OOC.

Now to answer your question, due to the fact that you are a new player of the community it is understandable that you won't know about certain groups and events that happen IG, however this should not make an impact on your character.You can read on the forums about other groups and what they do, but your character will not know that information.

So, you do not need to go OOC and say that you are new.You have to RP it out like you do not know of all of those groups/people.

Spartan    1019

There is no need to go OOC to explain that you aren't part of the group.

I suggest you read through this ooc guide, it explains very clear what you can and what you can't do.

You already recieved the lore from Voodoo.

-AndreyQ2fast4me-

Dethorhyne    8

First I would suggest you take a look at this guide regarding the use of OOC.

Now to answer your question, due to the fact that you are a new player of the community it is understandable that you won't know about certain groups and events that happen IG, however this should not make an impact on your character.You can read on the forums about other groups and what they do, but your character will not know that information.

So, you do not need to go OOC and say that you are new.You have to RP it out like you do not know of all of those groups/people.

Yes, I've read the guide. But you perfectly answered my question. I never even though of that approach to be ignorant IC as I am ooc. Thanks! :D

As for lore goes, my question wasn't really aimed at that. I was only curious about going ooc regarding player based/created content not affiliated with the lore. But I've read quite a piece of it so I get the general idea regarding lore

I'll be marking this as /solved as you got your answer.