Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

Bloodsuckers on RP1

Do we want bloodsuckers on rp1?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do we want bloodsuckers on rp1?

• If its possible, hell yes!
    • Nope. Nopenopenopenope
    • I think Tomeran needs to seek proffessional help.

Tomeran    3

The thread title might be enough to have most people go "lolwut?".

Some might go: "Oh boy, Tomeran sure has lost his marbles this time. I bet its all that time he's spent NOT shooting people in dayz, it'll do that to a fella."

But no, this is actually a serious poll into the community opinion regarding bloodsuckers, and what it would say if RP1 actually had them.

What are bloodsuckers?

Bloodsuckers are big creatures native to the Namalsk map. In dayZ, they currently only exist on the Namalsk map, and are generally regarded as the most lethal and scary creatures in the dayz universe. Right after goats, of course.

They are originally creatures ported in from the Stalker series.

Some pictures of bloodsuckers:

During night. (yes, their eyes glow red in the dark)

070test3.jpg

Survivor about to be swarmed by bloodsuckers(and definetly killed) during the day.

arma2oa2012121721435905.jpg

Apart from looking absolutly terrifying and making god-awful sounds that make the normal dayZ zeds sound like a choir of angels, these cutiepies have a few abilities that make them much more challenging.

- Increased damage compared to normal dayz zombies. So they do roughly the same damage as dayzrp zombies. Which is the equilent of being hit by a freight-train, as im sure you all know by now.

- Hitpoints like a baws. It usually takes half a mag of well-placed shot to down one. So they're roughly 5-10 times more resilient to damage then a normal zombie.

- Invisible. Yep. This is the main reason these guys are so deadly. In most cases (unless you got real good eyesight), these guys have such good camoflague/stealth/whatever that you wont see them until they're quite litterly ontop of you, ready to give you a hug.

Apart from this, these cuties will chase you forever(they're generally a lot harder to loose agro from then normal zeds) and they're quite fast.

Their sole weakness? They cant climb stairs.....I think.

Why?

Why would we want these things in addition to the normal zeds?

Well, I'd like to present the following arguments:

- They are much fiercer opponents then normal zombies, especielly if their HP was further increased. This can make for some challenging encounters, at least relativly speaking.

- Bringing these cutiepies to Chernarus would add a significant possible horror element to the map. Spotter's "hanged people" and massacre graves have already helped add a touch of that. But this would add even more.

- The roleplay. This point is fairly self-explanatory. The amount of events and interesting interactions possible would be near endless.

Especielly if they could be made to work with the custom spawner thingie Jamie's working on. I immidiatly vote we let loose ten of these in the trade post.

How?

Okay, so at first I thought this one might be a little tricky. Putting new creatures on a new map? Surely that's a bit of a stretch.

I didnt think it would be even remotely possible, but without going into specific details, I recently learned it might actually be easier then I thought. Apparantly the devs -might- be able to do this.

So putting it into RP1 might be possible. I'll let the devs answer the final question regarding that. This poll more concerns if the community does want them if it WOULD be possible.

The more hot topic rather then technical details might instead be the roleplay background. How did these things get here? Why are they here? Is it feasible? How many are they? How the hell can they cloak?

My only response to that is: There are many ways to make a roleplay background work to bring them here. They are native of Namalsk and the general explenation for their presence there was "Aliens".

If we'd stick with that, there are still several RP stories that could explain their presence. It might require that people are a little flexible on what they'd consider a zombie apocalypse(and lets face it, current dayzRP is a "bandit apocalypse" rather then a zombie apocalypse).

Some example alternatives:

- Crashed C130 transport from Namalsk carrying "captured specimens" inbound for american research bases crashes in the vicinity of Chernarus.

- An "artifact site" similar to that of Namalsk is found in Chernarus.

- The secret research facility we've always known to exist somewhere at Green Mountain is finally found...and it releases some of its experiments.

So yes, this poll is a bit of a stretch, and as with most other polls, there's no real guarantee that the result will have any direct effect. It all relies on the will of Rolle and what is actually possible for the devs to accomplish.

But I suppose I should add, that the true impact that these creatures would have on your playstyle is probably minimum. They'd be a "spice" to the enviroment, little more.

Post your opinions please, and dont forget to vote!

Sin    113

Tomeran, you forgot to mention how they can score a hit that is essentially a hold that immobilizes the player while they feed on his blood for tremendously punishing damage.

Tomeran    3

Tomeran, you forgot to mention how they can score a hit that is essentially a hold that immobilizes the player while they feed on his blood for tremendously punishing damage.

wut? Sure that isnt a stalker feature? For the many times I've fought these lovely things on Namalsk, I've never had that happen to me.

Blizzard    0

Id love to see these put into both rp1 and rp2, id love to see more challenge.

Blizzard    0

we really need a zombie infection system, you know so much of a chance of being infected when bit, then a several day countdown timer that you have to find an antidote.

maby have the antidote either a rare spawn or a way to "craft" it with materials and such.

bloodsuckers is what happends if zombies linger too long.

Sin    113

wut? Sure that isnt a stalker feature? For the many times I've fought these lovely things on Namalsk, I've never had that happen to me.

Maybe that's only in Call of Pripyat. You know, just to make things a little more challenging for the old hands.

You know, you could just say the infection Mutated. (TAAAAAANK! BOOMER! SPITTER!)

So much this ^

Tomeran    3

You know, you could just say the infection Mutated. (TAAAAAANK! BOOMER! SPITTER!)

That's not a too bad idea.

I don't mind if these are put in RP2, but if they're put in RP1 as well I will hide forever

Tomeran    3

I don't mind if these are put in RP2, but if they're put in RP1 as well I will hide forever

Doesnt matter, they can smell your fear.

And the general idea is RP1. RP2 is an entirely different place and I think it would really be stretching it(its already stretched) to say these things appear in two other locations apart from Namalsk.

Reacher    0

So, I figured the whole 'zombie infection has mutated' was the angle you were going with here... but keeping them as aliens? Not so much.

But I could see a virus strain mutation working.

That being said, it might be interesting to see how they work out, should it be used.

Rel    0

Get out of here Stalker.....

But it sounds fun.

We should make these guys spawn at barracks :P

[video=youtube]

-KG-    0

Sweet jesus, the normal zombies do enough damage already, and with their glitchy movements I can only imagine how a bloody stalker port is...

Sky    1

then we might as well add the gauss rifle :D

Prospero    0

I'm not sure bloodsuckers would be a natural fit, but I've been invovled in the testing of DayZ 1.7.7 and this introduces decaying undead which are tougher (and I'm sure Rolle could make MUCH tougher). From Changelog:

* [NEW] - 3 New decayed Zeds - harder to kill (WIP).

We need a Survarium server.

Gameplay and player interaction of DayZ(RP) + visuals and atmosphere of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. = YES. Add those bloodsuckers. It's a step in the right direction.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

YES! Add them, but make their spawns VERY VERY RARE (not like they're common in villages etc) because then people will get used to them. It'd be better if it would stay a myth to a lot of people and not one of the 'common threats'. And I also recommend making them spawn only in forests and maybe only at nighttime? But they should be rare ,not that you enter a village and suddenly 3 of those fuckers are tailing you.

YES! Add them, but make their spawns VERY VERY RARE (not like they're common in villages etc) because then people will get used to them. It'd be better if it would stay a myth to a lot of people and not one of the 'common threats'. And I also recommend making them spawn only in forests and maybe only at nighttime? But they should be rare ,not that you enter a village and suddenly 3 of those fuckers are tailing you.

Green Mountain only :D