Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:28
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
The Traveler

Andrew Washington's Hunting And Survival Trip

The Traveler    137

4t8wfp.png

The radios around Chernarus seldom work. Apart from the occasional broadcast from a would-be radio show host, stereotypical propaganda from the local militia forces, and even old warning signals, sparking back into life for a few nostalgic seconds as the old equipment dies...

However today was different, almost across the entire eastern side of Chernarus came a hiss and bang as hundreds of radios sprang into life. What was heard seconds later was not the stereotypical music or messages from would be kings... but instead a piece of music not heard for a very ... very... long time... and a voice that said the following...

[video=youtube]

" The cities are begining to be stripped bare, it is becoming harder and harder for people to find the supplies they so desperately need to survive in the wastes. People are starving, falling ill and even struggling to carry the supplies they need just to get by in this world and, I must say, I feel a great empathy for all whom are currently in such a postion" 

The voice was gruff and worn, quite a common occurance since the infection begun, but yet it also had the distinct sense of an inviting demanour as it uttered it's message

"I am not here to tell you what you already know, such an act would be pointless. No, I am here to give you an opertunity. I have a select set of skills that has, fortunatly for me, allowed me to live off the land, the plants, the animals, the resources that seldom run out. I have learned to both utilize these resources, and respect them and, most importantly, I have learned the ability to teach the skills to others, and indeed I am now ready to do so for any whom are interested..."

"Meet me , one week from now ((Saturday 29th of  August at 5pm Server time)) at these coordinates ((114 046 using dayzdb))." 

"There I will teach you to hunt, to farm, to survive... I look forward to seeing you there" 

-----------------------------------------------

OOC: Hunting and Survival trip to "learn" new skills and how to survive off the land. Social Event with a delightfully educational twist.

Equipment that is , not needed, but preferred:

Matches

Axe

Shovel

Rags or Paper

Knife of any sort

Rope

Burlap sacks

Water Bottle

If you wish to join up, just let me know in the thread below and I will add you to the list :-) 

DA LIST:

-Andrew Washington

-Kenneth Raith

-

-

-

-

-

-

Hyborith    0

Can you give us the time in UTC format, could be 5pm in Japan or 5pm in eastern standard.

depending on the time for my own zone, i will probably attend.

Cool, i will be in attendence

The Traveler    137

Can you give us the time in UTC format, could be 5pm in Japan or 5pm in eastern standard.

SERVER TIME! ;) 

It is universal is it not? ;)

Cool, i will be in attendence

midnight on the dot, Japan time :3 you're welcome

Denniscr    0

Dear Washington Me and the Animals Can't wait To see you there we bring the supplies you asked for. x the bull x

Vaccus    0

Cannot wait to meet up with you again Washington! -Squirrel

Jack Allen    18

You guys planning on having protection? If you're not carrying any weapons, you'll be easy meat for bandits.

The Traveler    137

Event moved AGAIN to Saturday 29th of August in response to Chernarus' Got Talent being on the 22nd and, honestly, I wanna go see me some of that shit! 

Denniscr    0

You guys planning on having protection? If you're not carrying any weapons, you'll be easy meat for bandits.

Well we are gonna be there so there will be some but You're always welcome to bring your own Gun ha

Vandy    34

Looks very intersting. Pretty sure the people in Olsha need to gain some hunting advice and tricks.