Server time: 2017-10-21, 06:43
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Geolash

Tendencies and Cool downs from DayzRP

Guest Geolash   
Guest Geolash

So, this has never happened to me yet, but has anyone played DayzRP so much that they've adapted some of their characters tendencies?

If so,

1. What situation were you in when you did?

2. What did you do?

3. How did the people react, if any were around?

4. How did you react once you realized what you did?

Another thing, if this has happened there are techniques you can do to slowly slip out of your Character.

1. Stay on TS for a little while longer with your Clan/Group and talk casually.

2. Play another game that doesn't have you in a full character mode; this will get your mind off the RP and out of your character.

3. Watch a Movie/Read a book.

You can place your ways of getting out of Character here as well, it might help someone.

Don't know if this was a topic already, let me know if it was.

I experienced minor ego death the first time my character died in DayZRP. It was 2/3 weeks without dying (the longest I had gone in DayZ without dying).

I took a break, went for a walk, played some PvP games and came back a few hours later.

Henshen    0

When I have to speak with people in English, I sometimes have the tendency to bring out Henshen in my voice. It is pretty akward when you speak with people, have a correct tone and suddenly, you switch to this absurd french accent. People laugh about it, not knowing the reason behind it. I simply reconnect myself to reality and laugh about it too!

Playing with Rodina on my Chernarussian character has given me the tendency to say Ano in regular conversation, we say it so much in game that it's started to become part of my actual speech.

SatansNightOut    105

I have yet to call people "kitten" in real life.

Sandy    20

I speak Chernarussian a lot IRL since I've started playing Chernarussians, and I tend to slip into my characters accent from time to time when meeting someone.

bigwiz14    23

I'm a new Englander and yet I tend to slip into southern accent and occasionally roll my rs.

I play mount and blade warband for an hour or a game of league to change pace.

Randle    931

So glad I don't slip into an accent as it would result in all my chav mates disowning me for one playing PC and two playing RP

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

I started using "brother" a lot while speaking English Irl :P (my character says a lot that word)

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

I said hello mistah to a clerk at the corner store. Small bust still weird.

TEazy97    8

I have tendencies to shout in public, rob and murder.

That's why I'm on a break from Dayzrp now.

Considering Czech is Chernarussian and Czech and Serbian share a lot of words. Sometime I actually slip into Czech when I'm speaking with Serbians but yea.

NishiUrban    84

I don't feel it's always a bad thing, role-play, especially the kind that involves you actually speaking is a lot like acting. Sure, we're not physically moving around, but if you are for example a shy person and you role-play a much more charismatic outspoken character, you're learning how to act the part. I've had one or two instances where I may have been worried about having to speak with someone, irl, and pretend as if I'm putting myself into the shoes of one of my particularly lovable and charismatic character's, Vinny.

Besides, I never have to 'cool down'. I'm always on that dank IRL role-play in the game of life.

Dusty    1586

Considering most of my characters are mostly me just being myself, I suppose it happens 100% of the time haha

But seriously, I have an alt character, Will Warroad, who is a canadian hockey player who was in Chernarus trying out for a team in the KHL in Russia. I've actually adopted that accent (I don't mean saying Eh and things like that, just the pronunciation of different words). I'm Minnesotan so my accent is already pretty close to the Canadian accent, but now the way I pronounce some words gives the guys in my group a good laugh.

Nocheluz    122

Oh man lol! It's the accent. It just slips out. I don't really do anything about it. It cracks me up and usually whomever I'm talking to as well.

Ocean    6

I think I've become more polite, calm and quiet in real life after playing Mike for 8 months.

I've adapted Dan's voice to the point where most of my English has a Southern accent (as opposed to the noticable Dutch accent I normally have). I don't really see it as a problem, however, so I don't really bother trying to pull myself out of it. That and I speak Dutch primarily, so I've yet to get weird reactions about when my English has a southern accent.

Husky    0

Sometimes I use my Chernarussian accent IRL, this happens rarely but most of my friends know about DayZRP so they're not really bothered about it.

Dethorhyne    8

I... Am very good at keeping my gaming and real life apart. But when I play games I have a tendency to shout out japanese and engrish as much as POSIBURU.

Does that count? :D

Guest Geolash   
Guest Geolash

I... Am very good at keeping my gaming and real life apart. But when I play games I have a tendency to shout out japanese and engrish as much as POSIBURU.

Does that count? :D

Counts :P