Blizzard

camps and tradepost in taviana

where should the tp be placed  

12 members have voted

1. 1. where should the tp be placed

• east of branibor (fields)
    • zhuta gora (the old church)

Blizzard    0

well the last few days ive taken the liberty of building and designing about 8 camps so far and 2 separate trade post designs ( im not done with the tp's yet as i want to get a good idea of a location for it.

anyways here is the 8 camps , ill post pics for the tp later on today when i get feed back from the poll.

camp 01

th_camp7_zps4f85151e.png

camp 02

th_camp8_zpsc0fa51f7.png

camp 03

th_camp6_zps40d56c7f.png

camp 04

th_camp5_zpse0a2e2b4.png

camp 05

th_camp4_zpsd7de65f4.png

camp 06

th_camp03_zpsfc1e1226.png

camp 07

th_camp02_zpsf867de53.png

camp 08

th_camp01_zps952c1c39.png

Trade post locations , both are safe from zeds unless you start shooting randomly and attract with a loud gun fire.

th_location2_zps5fb7ac10.png

th_location1_zps6e44ab25.png

Rolle    2449

Map screenshots with the possible TP locations would be nice, can't find Branibor or Zhuta Gora on the map :P

I like the camps, but they seem to be very... simple. Won't really have any function besides a cosmetic effect.

Blizzard    0

im getting pics as we speak.

as for the camps , they arnt ment to be practical more or less a cool place to find. now if i can make some papers work as a "journal" people could find it and read what it has to say.

the field allows me to build it larger but the zhuta gora location is more universal for new players and it already has an old church with no loot or zombie spawns, the walls i use arnt really script intensive either.

keep in mind that the camps are only version 1.0 atm, im hopeing to get feed back from the community and see what they would like to see me put.

i like the idea of an old church being a player hub as opposed to an empty field with objects placed down lol

Rolle    2449

Church seems like a good idea, but it spawns zombies.

Blizzard    0

well the church will still have walls, just not as many and a cooler chill spot, im trying to figure the best way of putting parking spaces there without it being too much.

maby only 3-4 parking places with one heli pad location. I want it to feel like a makeshift fort and less like a military base (plenty of those already in taviana)

on another note what would people like to see in the tradepost, what kind of fortifications and such.

Diremast    0

I like to see some zombie spawns at the TP but perhaps that's just me.

Also rabbits would be nice.

Tortov    0

Yeah, maybe around it.

Blizzard    0

I like the camps, but they seem to be very... simple. Won't really have any function besides a cosmetic effect.

Is there any other functions you have in mind, I posted these up hoping people would have ideas to spice them up a bit.

camp 01 kinda has a story with it but i was keeping that on the dl just incase it gets put in, ill put the hanged mans journal on a table listing the events before his and the other 3 graves deaths. I have a small script that when they scroll on the papers (no book objects sadly) and click "read" on it, it should add the diary entries to the objectives of that person. im still bug testing the script tho, since theres other ways to do it.

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

Rabbits to kill, skin and eat.. Right? *wink* ;)

Blizzard    0

whats up with everyone and rabbit latly lol, any more serious suggestions?

Blizzard    0

heres a few sneak peaks at what Ive been working on

heres a general overview of the trade post.

th_Tradepostwhole_zps18bb3016.png

This is how We dealt with zombies, luring the zombies in with bodies and gunfire we can Cage them for target practice. unless of course you want zombie running into the tp.( zombies will spawn within the fence and people cant loot those specific deer stands)

th_zombieprison_zps59c6ebff.png

And last but not least I present you with parking place 2.0

th_parkingspot2_zps87782fa3.png

Keep in mind that the trade post is still unfinnished in my eyes as I need to add more stuff to give a survival base kinda feel.

ANY Suggestions in terms of what to build within the tp is appricaiaited, i Would really like community feed back from everybody

Blizzard    0

Oh I also wanted to work on something else, more or less just trade outposts. basicly a really small trade post with no parking spaces, more or less for trading basic supplies.

new pictures, i shrank the tp and added some more stuff

N9ByVoX.jpg

LkOnF2c.jpg

5k0boxA.jpg

A0utFsZ.jpg

npO2swm.jpg

cGEbFUG.jpg

i need to get more pictures of the trade area, if rolle wants it smaller then ill have to remove either the heli pads or some of the parking places but theres still plenty of room to downsize.

TrilbyAsh    6

Couldn't see on the pictures. Just going to assume it's not there. Any chance of adding a little watchtower or something, perhaps beside the Church? And a water pump?

Blizzard    0

theres the sandbag guard towers (see pic 1 and 2 of last post) and i felt the tall towers were a lil unrealistic so i used the ones that look mobile, and the water pump is beside those blue water barrels.Ill have to post up better pictures, I was still trying to add some detail and see if i had to shrink it more before i placed more stuff just to have to remove it.

TrilbyAsh    6

There's a lot of open space, I think you could use that. Put a bunch of car-wrecks, unuseable cars, as well as a bunch of tents scattered around? Make it look a bit like a refuge camp?

's the one thing that's always irked me about these things. These camps are way too organised. It's the apocalypse. People are scared, banding together, but even with Authority, things will definitely be somewhat haphazard. These things are always...Y'know...Too clean? If you get my meaning?

Blizzard    0

well you prove a good point, thats the kind of comments i was looking for, i live of critisim of this stuff. I need it to build a better tp, I did want to keep a few parking places but i think ill remove the heli pads and a few parking places to downsize it a bit more and add more suvivelistic (think i made a new word) stuff in the extra empty space. theres only a few unuseable broken cars , not like i couldn't collect, park and break some in there lol.

I did think about somehow putting a crashed c130 in there somehow as part of the wall like they found it and built around it, I could use a few of those makeshift walls i built too.

TrilbyAsh    6

Perhaps put in a little "Broken" part in the wall? Maybe a walker got to it, and tore a hole in the fencing or something, and now people can sneak in and out via the back. Just as a little back entrance for pedestrians. And one other thing...I know there's little Target Practise dummy model things. Think you could stick maybe one or two in the free spaces? One thing I've noticed in RP1's TP is the lack of Target Dummies, which causes people to test their guns against any old thing, and almost end up shooting others, because they decided to take potshots at a watchtower, and didn't notice anyone sat in it. That and from an IC vantage, there'll be people out there that have survived, that have never wielded a firearm before, it'd make sense that someone'd put up a few targets.

Aaaand that's it for suggestions, for now at least.

Blizzard    0

the three deer stands with fence around them should suffice for target practice while in the tp ( they arnt ment to be looted) also the break in the wall is a great idea for a random camp but for right there there's the small chance that a zombie could get out of the fence and into the tp, fun for rp but if there a hole it may catch people off guard, most likely there will be someone shooting them to begin with.

TrilbyAsh    6

Well the break in the fence could provide a little extra fear, and it would certainly help to make people less likely to just randomly AFK, as they could end up getting munched.

If the apocalypse broke out, and a camp was only secured with some fencing, there's a chance a Walker could break the fencing during the night, and if there aren't any people on night-duty, someone -could- get killed.

It'd make a little bit of an extra roleplay atmosphere.

Blizzard    0

I do but dont want to do that for 2 reasons, well i dont because people already have to worry about thieves in the tp when going afk witch is just as bad, and the occasional zombie probably would get thru unless someone smashes down the fences with a car, in that case we may have a small hoard to deal with lol

im really surprized more people havnt posted up anything yet other then ash here.

TrilbyAsh    6

Most people don't give a sh*t, it would seem. It is on Taviana after all. Not many people are interested in Taviana.

Blizzard    0

well I'm going to make a new post for the new TP , i call it tp 1.0 and its completely different then the one in the pics above. Ill link the post when I make it, but after that im going to rename this for just the camps im makeing.