Server time: 2017-10-17, 18:45
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Joffrey

Stream questions.

Question

Joffrey    886

I'd like to start streaming again. In recent reports, it was shown that If certain opinions about people in the community are expressed, while playing the game  in real time.. I can get perma banned from the community? Is this correct? Example:

I am trying to RP with person B.  Person B KoS's me.

I say "Holy fucking shit what was that person B? Jesus christ learn how to rp you [email protected]#!$~!!!!"

Basically what I want to know is.. can I hold my own opinions on my own stream with a disclaimer on it saying "Yo .. I'm gonna say some mean shit sometimes... sorry?" Will that be enough to not get me perma banned from the community? 

Or how should I go about my ooc feelings towards some question-able RPers' IMO while publicly streaming. I'd like some advice.

11 answers to this question

TEazy97    8

I'm sure everyone shouts at their screens from time to time cussing at the person. I mean, sometimes you can't help it. People should just learn its in the heat of the moment and no long term hate is exposed.

Jackfish    0

I think it wont be a big problem but u should watch out. If you got alot of people watching you can better mute your microphone or just say: that fucking bastard.

Dont go full on rage ;)

Rolle    2931

As long as you don't go on an extensive roid rage offending half of the community you should be fine :) A lot of people sometimes lose it and say stuff like that, it's normal given the situation, especially if you get KoSed or something like that.

Hyborith    0

Seems like folks are streaming alot theses days. might not even have to log in the server for a good story haha

Montanez    25

I figured out something, if you accidentally break a rule or banter around while on stream, you're fine. However, make sure you don't have anybody that has something against you watching the stream, they will make a huge deal out of it and will try their best to get you banned.

Sadly, that's the internet.

Destinwolf    13

Joffrey, you're a pretty influential member of this community. I'd say that a lot of people that come to your stream, myself included, really enjoy your personality and enjoy spending some time with you. With that being said, a lot of these people are probably members of the community, or impressionable people that may be looking to join the community. So now, if someone kills you in stream, and you go off the rails with hateful tirades about it, there's probably going to be some backlash for you, and not to mention, it would reflect negatively on the rest of the community. I would say that if you get someone in your stream chat that is talking negatively about members of the community, I would probably just shut them down, or time them out, or maybe make it a rule that running down members of the community in your stream chat is unacceptable. I'm sure you'll figure it out, and I hope you can get back to streaming.

I guess my only advice for you would just be to be civil and be an adult, still have your fun, but don't run down members of the community in your stream or tolerate that kind of behavior from anyone else. It's all up to you.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

-snip-

I disagree. Just because joff has earned recognition as a great RPer and carries weight in the community does not mean he should censor him self. He is a person who should be able to speak the way he wants to.

Dethorhyne    8

-snip-

I disagree. Just because joff has earned recognition as a great RPer and carries weight in the community does not mean he should censor him self. He is a person who should be able to speak the way he wants to.

I believe freedom of expression should be granted to everyone. His roleplaying is not being a streamer but his character in-game that died so i dont see why anyone should censor themselves while ooc. On the stream, nobody is watching his char, but the streamer himself

Voodoo    487

Rolle has pretty much answered the question with this reply:

As long as you don't go on an extensive roid rage offending half of the community you should be fine :) A lot of people sometimes lose it and say stuff like that, it's normal given the situation, especially if you get KoSed or something like that.

Ill mark this as solved but keep it open for further discussion

Look forward to seeing you stream again ;)

Destinwolf    13

-snip-

The intention wasn't meant to be that because he is a reputable member of the community that he should censor himself, the intention in my suggestion was that if he wants to continue being a respectable member of the community, then not to go off on tirades about other members of the community as a mature adult should. Anyone can say whatever they want in their stream, or in private, but just because you have that right to express yourself freely, doesn't mean you are protected from any kind of backlash from those comments.