Server time: 2017-10-22, 04:37
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
shermhead

DayZ main menu is plain blue, no background?

Question

shermhead    0

Hey all. If this post is in the wrong spot sorry, feel free to move it.

Anyway, so my DayZ main menu no longer has the background, its just a plain blue screen. I optimized my settings, files, and launch options a bit to try and gain some FPS, as right now I'm on a pretty low-end laptop. I did gain about 20 more FPS from the optimizations I did, Im now right around 60 in fields and 30-40 in cities, so I'm definently content with that but my main menu bothers me a bit. Any ideas on how to fix it? I know I was kind of vague, any questions just ask me, thanks for the help.

12 answers to this question

Guest Neszy   
Guest Neszy

Remove -nosplash from your DayZ launch parameters on Steam.

Voodoo    489

Have you tried what Neszy has said above?

shermhead    0

removed -nosplash. Didn't see a difference. I know I can always reinstall the game, but honestly it doesn't really bother me enough to do that, for all the extra FPS I got I can deal with it. Right now in my launch options I have (-nopause -skipintro -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi). Any of these look like troublemakers? I got these from a youtube video, couple of my buddies have used the same ones and didn't have any problems.

Guest HuttonYeah   
Guest HuttonYeah

I'm pretty sure the blue background is caused by the -skipintro

It's happened to me a few times and always fixed by removing that. Try it and let me know the result buddy!

Rolle    2963

Why use different memory allocator? Do you have problems with the standard one?

Ender    645

It's happened to me a few times and always fixed by removing that. Try it and let me know the result buddy!

You are correct it is caused by -skipintro i would honestly remove all launch paramatiers as they do soo little to nothing at all noticeable except for give you more problems to figure out there imo not worth it

Guest HuttonYeah   
Guest HuttonYeah

You are correct it is caused by -skipintro i would honestly remove all launch paramatiers as they do soo little to nothing at all noticeable except for give you more problems to figure out there imo not worth it

Yeah, I used to use a couple like -nosplash and -skipintro but like you said... More problems than they're worth haha

Jamie    1422

[align=left]I get this sometimes. What I do is go into the video settings and it usually extinguishes the problem. I get it sometimes when I load into the server. Its similar to when you get hit by a zombie and your screen goes blurry, just loading up your video settings in game resolves it.

shermhead    0

Why use different memory allocator? Do you have problems with the standard one?

No problems, but I watched multiple videos and talked to some friends who know a lot more than myself about stuff like this, and this memory allocator supposedly increases performance. I believe it, because after doing the launch settings along with some other stuff, I gained at least 20 FPS from what I had. Maybe this one didn't do anything and the others did, I don't know. Maybe I'll try deleting it and seeing how much FPS I drop. DayZ is the first game I've had to really optimize for frames so I don't know a ton about it =)

It worked. Thanks. It does take a little longer to load into the game, but oh well. I'll deal with it. Trying to run DayZ on a $400 laptop, I'm gonna have to make some sacrifices =P Thanks again

Lil_Beefy    0

Seeing as you've fixed your issue, I'll mark this as solved.

Let us know if you have anymore issues!