Server time: 2017-08-21, 23:34

Sign in to follow this  
Janana

World of Warcraft: Legion

Janana    28

As you can see from the thread title, it's about World of Warcraft Legion. Blizzard's random reveal of their new expansion to WoW.

legion.jpg

[align=left]It was officially announced at Gamescom on August 6th in front of a rather non-energetic crowd despite the new Santa-Clause bag full of new content. This release can be seen below along with the content overview. Warning, it's an hour long.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Notes:

[align=left]Yeah, it’s Orc-centric. Something to do with rebuilding the Horde. A wee bit of civil war, maybe? A few friends and I agree that the presenter has really good hair. The Blizzard guy less so. Someone is getting resurrected by a Warlock. Presumably some familiar big bad?

[align=left]“They were servants of a more ancient foe that has not forgetten our defiance.”

[align=left]“The vengeance of the burning shadow has come.”

[align=left]

• New continent: Broken Isles. Has talking trees!
  • Level cap to 110.
  • New dungeons and raids, obv, a new honor system and ‘artifact weapons.’
  • Class Order Halls.
  • New hero class: Demon Hunter

[align=left]The Burning Legion has returned. This is a very demonic expansion, essentially. The title: Legion. Seems a bit short, somehow. Blizzard, you're trying new things. Kudos.

[align=left]It takes place on the Broken Isles, a region at the heart of Azeroth which is long forgotten. Used to be a vast, bustling Night Elf civilization. A new continent, “a graveyard of sorts.”

[align=left]“The Tomb of Sergeras”, a returning doohickey from Warcraft 3, is a gateway for those buggers from the Burning Legion. It’s the Legion’s biggest invasion of Azeroth yet.

[align=left]“Every single person who’s played WoW in the last 5 to 10 years is going to be really, really surprised and shocked.” Sure, man. Okay.

[align=left]People are applauding some weapon names. OK!

[align=left]We’ll see the story of the Daemon Hunters through Illidan’s eyes. Cool. I guess. The producer is the least inspiring stage presence ever. Sorry, dude.

[align=left]Seems like there’ll be more time travel/flashback shenanigans. Let there be no doubt: the lore has taken over entirely by this point. The Titans are involved, the big guys and gals in the sky. We’re looking for the Pillars of Creation, relics which were used to shape the world when it was young, the only thing that can close the Legion’s gateway.

[align=left]Needless to say, it was announced and I felt I'd share it to those who don't keep up with the new WoW news and Shenanigans just in case one of you decide to sub to this game and lose your soul like I did so many years ago. There you go. Enjoy the Demon Hunter Hardcore RP.

"Broken isles"

What a fitting name for this expansion :D

The warlock resshrecting aomeone is actually gl dan resurrecting Illidan. Hype.

Septimus    23

This game is going downhill imo. No expansion or amount of fucking pandas can revive it.

Tom Fyfe    8

Actually looks dope, played wow for almost 3 years now, and im happy with the new announcement, looking forward to the new class, heard its going to be a hero class starting at level 100 though, which makes sense from a lore point of view saying as demon hunters being around since Illidan, but not really happy with the weapons, its stupid that everyone and their mother is going to have a fucking Ashbringer.

Taurz    1

:hype: as always, but probably just because I am such a huge fan of the game :P

Janana    28

its stupid that everyone and their mother is going to have a fucking Ashbringer.

I agree with this. Even if Blizzard did introduce the "color and customize" option to it. It's still Ashbringer and not every person in Azeroth really needs to be carrying it.

its stupid that everyone and their mother is going to have a fucking Ashbringer.

I agree with this. Even if Blizzard did introduce the "color and customize" option to it. It's still Ashbringer and not every person in Azeroth really needs to be carrying it.

Correct, we should all be carrying [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker].

Hollows    428

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]??

No, but my Warlock has [Ateish, Greatstaff of the Guardian]. Don't go there with me, pal.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]??

No, but my Warlock has [Ateish, Greatstaff of the Guardian]. Don't go there with me, pal.

I am pretty sure they said [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

Caeldon    1

Very disappointing reveal, I was kind of hoping they'd mix the formula up a little considering the game is currently on it's lowest sub count since Vanilla, but nope they are sticking with the exact same expansion formula. I've played since Vanilla and every expansion, I have little interest to even try this one though.

Janana    28

Very disappointing reveal, I was kind of hoping they'd mix the formula up a little considering the game is currently on it's lowest sub count since Vanilla, but nope they are sticking with the exact same expansion formula. I've played since Vanilla and every expansion, I have little interest to even try this one though.

Blizzard has a completely different, new team working on Legion. As much as the initial release may look just like any other release, we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. I have hope for this newly trained team.

Species    239

Just as my guild gets into Heroic HFC I hear this, and I sure can't wait for this. The overall expansion just from what's been announced looks like quite the bit of game time put in. The only thing i'm not a huge fan of is receiving the Legendary weapon and there no longer being weapon drops in this new expansion.

Well I am kind of happy that I main an Enhancement Shaman and that I get Doomhammer, fear me!

Zev    1

Another Turd. I still haven't forgiven Blizzard for releasing that first burning crusade expansion and making all my epics obsolete after the amount of time put in.

That said you've gotta give them kudos for plugging away at it, so many MMO that followed WoW have flopped big time!