Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:19
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Ascent_rain

Past DayZ

Ascent_rain    3

I just want to post this to get it out of my system. Didn't know to post this in general discussion or here, so in case i just did here. I started playing DayZ 3 years ago with my brother who is now 23 and getting married. I'm 16 so there is quite an age difference, but DayZ is more than a video game to me. DayZ was a way we could bond together back then and we haven't played together in almost 2 years now. I got home one day and he showed me this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOB7YGgREFg&index=38&list=PLTKorPNtU6-luNWLSna4sWFq5SAYN7sbf . 

I start to lag while typing, so I'm going to make new paragraphs when I do. We watched that video and he was so excited, he was on summer break from college and at home. I started playing with him myself and the game was so fun and amazing. You had a connection you would never have with another game. We played for two years and I had the best time of my life in those two years with him.

I'm not going to lie right now, as un manly this is, I have a tear coming to my eye while writing this because of how much I want to go back to then. He is getting married now and lives a state away, and times while playing DayZ will never happen again. DayZ will NEVER be the same as when it first came out. It had a different feel then it ever will again. As much as DayZRP comes close to bringing back this feeling, it's just not the same.

I only play DayZ because of DayZRP now. The best memory I had was playing with him one afternoon at about 4PM or 5PM, we started as a "bambi" and went on to play and get to NWA airfield, getting lost multiple times. It was the most memorable night I recall. We "no-lifed" it until about 5AM or 6AM the next morning, then got off to sleep. 

I know that these memories are nostalgic to look back at, and should make me smile but it is just depressing to me that it is 3 years ago now that I stated playing, and all of the good times with my brother, and even with the beginning of DayZ, will never return. I guess what I'm getting at is I needed to get this out because it was bothering me and making me upset. Thank you DayZRP for getting a little bit of the "Original" feeling back, I have the feels hardcore right now since watching that and talking about this. If I put this in the wrong place, please move it or alert me and I will. Thank you.