Server time: 2017-08-20, 02:26

Sign in to follow this  
TheFriendlySheep

Thought on KOS rights

Question

Alright so I just got this idea. So with .58, you can remove tires, batteries, spark plugs, etc. So imagine this scenario. You and your friends wait by a gas station for somebody to show up with a truck. When the driver gets out, you and another distract him with small talk, while two others take tires and the battery. Would the driver gain KOS rights on you and your group then?

10 answers to this question

I dont think so. Its not a hostile move and no threat. The owner needs to initiate on you guys

EDIT:

It is a hostile move and the driver does gain KOS Rights. My bad

Defiance    96

The person driving the truck owns the truck. You're stealing from his property, and so I'm pretty sure he would gain KOS rights on the people who stole from the truck.

I dont think so. Its not a hostile move and no threat. IT IS ONE if the owner told you not to touch the car or he would kill you.

Yeah that makes sense, I guess. Waiting to see more thoughts before I ask to /solve this

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

Stealing someone else's property is a hostile action and does grant KOS rights, you wouldnt need to initiate on the robbers. We had similar questions arise when camps starting coming with the last persistence and stealing from people's tent camps granted KOS rights.

TLake    23

I would have to say that the owner gains KOS rights on you and yours. If above event went down you would be responsible for hostile action against the drivers vehicle and in turn property.

Jm Von Cat    153

Let me provide an answer here,

Yes, the driver would gain KOS as you just still his property. Stealing counts as a hostile action, hostile actions grant KOS.

Of course, if you just stumble across a truck and no one is around and clearly in ownership of the truck then no KOS is gained.

E.G You find a parked truck in Cherno with no one around. You then salvage the trucks battery and leave. The driver returns after you are gone. The driver has no KOS.

Answer: stealing weels and such from a car that is owned by someone and he is around the car does give the driver KOS Rights.

Cool cool, just wondering. I know I'll be coming across a lot of car bandits in the future...

This can be solved! Thanks for all the answers.

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

/solving

Jester    48

Yeah, stealing stuff is hostile. and most people would remove those things to someone couldn't drive away. So total hostile action.