Server time: 2017-10-24, 02:12
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

Role playing as a subhumen mutant zombie(discussion is over thx for your in put)

Guest Viktor Kolenkeov   
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

Ok hear me out i got this idea after seeing a post saying that they were Role Playing as Zombie. What if i did or some one did a subhuman Zombie Mutant. What would have to happen is that some one got infected but instead of turning or being immune they have a reaction that turns them in to a sub human zombie. So what i was thinking is that it would have really low intelligence able to complete  simple speech and tasks like swinging a knife or opening a can with a object. The creature usually walks crouched since it has a humped back but can stand up strait and sprint if it sees pray or is in danger. It is easily angered and can be found hunting nearly anything from rabbits and dear to the walking dead and alive they are even known to commit cannibalism with each other. They usually are to shy to make contact with humans and watch from afar but there are some who seem a bit bold when it comes to humans.1850_rage-mutants-prev.png

AndreyQ    0

There isn't something like mutant zombies.There are the survivors and the infected and nothing more.So no.

Guest Viktor Kolenkeov   
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

KK thx m8 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTWJznO4ubyzfo-Bg5eNQ3X7ZrA81jZBTXdIBJFTCQKfa12uOAXw

Destinwolf    13

I ran into a guy last night at GM roleplaying as an infected (surprise surprise it was at GM). Other than play obvious zombie sound effects through his mic, it was pretty boring until it came time to shooting him and putting him down, which did, however, create some pretty interesting RP, seeing as how we had to quarantine off the area and make sure other survivors did not come in contact with him. I would say if you're going to do it, do your absolute best so that it doesn't come off as trollish, you know? Like, before you do something in-game as that character, think to yourself, would this person really enjoy that kind of RP? I would be pretty serious about it, and take it seriously, so that it's believable to the person you're RPing with.

I also feel like you would probably end up getting shot A LOT and probably reported for badRP because other players will more than likely think it's trollish. I, on the other hand, would give it a shot with you and RP it out as long as it's good.

Edit* To the degree you're talking about though, is a little too much. Maybe a little less from the idea would be better.

Voodoo    492

I'm with Andrey on this its a No from me I don't see this working realistically.

Guest Viktor Kolenkeov   
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

Thx :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpxaq7c_B9uV2bXB9m5-W1oiOrZVOLEskFaVrABO3Jnq8xJL0

Ok hear me out i got this idea after seeing a post saying that they were Role Playing as Zombie. What if i did or some one did a subhuman Zombie Mutant. What would have to happen is that some one got infected but instead of turning or being immune they have a reaction that turns them in to a sub human zombie. So what i was thinking is that it would have really low intelligence able to complete  simple speech and tasks like swinging a knife or opening a can with a object. The creature usually walks crouched since it has a humped back but can stand up strait and sprint if it sees pray or is in danger. It is easily angered and can be found hunting nearly anything from rabbits and dear to the walking dead and alive they are even known to commit cannibalism with each other. They usually are to shy to make contact with humans and watch from afar but there are some who seem a bit bold when it comes to humans.1850_rage-mutants-prev.png

You should come play with me and the people I run with. I think as a new player you could really benefit from learning about the IG lore of the world and how people find the ability to be unique and interesting survivors within that lore. I like the spirit of where you are coming from, but this type of RP breaks the lore, which I strongly encourage you to read. If I were you, I'd start thinking of ways to make your survivor stand out and be engaging, rather than attempting to rp an undead char.

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

If you wanna RP an infected, just go for the traditional one...

Hex    31

Well, the short answer will probably be a no

But...I think with a few adjustments you could do something that runs along the same lines. The virus to my knowledge is a form of rabies or something, the infected are not zombies in the true sense of the word, more like feral humans or the infected from 'The Last of Us' video game. While lore states that all who are alive now are pretty much immune ( To explain how we can take so many zombie hits and bites and still stay normal ) I think if you created someone who was not totally immune, someone who, when hit by zombies in game would slowly have more of the virus leak into his/her system, slowly pushing the side effects onto them, things like bloodshot/bleeding eyes, violent outbursts, cravings for meat, ect...

Yes there are only survivors and 'zombies' but if your creative, it dosent have to be only the two.

Defiance    96

I've done some infected RP within my clan, but it was mostly a race against the clock to subdue the infection with the right sort of medication. It was the climax of a long story arch featuring someone who was able to resist the infection, but ultimately dying from being double-crossed. We took this storyline and extended it slightly with one of my members experiencing the same sort of trauma, but the outcome was that he was able to fight off the infection, but it brought to light many of his mental illnesses and psychological weakness.

We did it really carefully, and had every step planned out along the way. To this day it was one of the more satisfying RP storylines that I've done, but it took a lot of work and we had to be really careful to not break out of the lore.

Destinwolf    13

As basically an ogre, it's not going to work. Try as an infected with a slightly functioning brain that doesn't have it's mind totally set to kill at all times.

My buddy Roach and I came up with a similar character for his DayZRP video series which was based off of Patient Zero in DayZRP lore. Here's a video if you want to check it out and see how we did it and how I explained Patient Zero in character in-game . 

. The video starts off right where the story telling of Patient Zero begins and eventually, an encounter with Patient Zero. I say it's pretty interesting, well worth the watch and it might help you flesh out more ideas for your character as well. Check it out and see if that helps you.

Dora    0

Long ago, I've roleplayed with somebody who RP'd as a survivor slowly succumbing to the infection. At the time, I was a Free Medic, and I treated him every day until it came to the point where the infection had total control and somebody killed him. He did this very well, and I enjoyed the RP a lot. Just remember, when you're doing this type of RP, you have to very forgiving if somebody RDMs you.

Volke    131

Isnt this like against the lore? There is no sub zombie state, your either turned or not. I have to disagree on this concept. It leaves too many inconsistencies

Dogmeat    7

Well Sub Humen's don't exist.....maybe a subhuman

:troll:

Zero    466

No. Too trolly.

Pussy    382

It unfortunately wouldn't fit within the DayZRP lore. There would be a lot of holes in the story that you bring forward if you wanted to pursue that character. Not only that, but you're pretty much giving people constant KOS rights on you...

I personally don't think it's a good idea. You're going to find that nobody is willing to role play with you since your character would be an automatic threat. I think you'll not enjoy it as much as you think because of that reason. 

Jester    48

Doesn't exist within the lore friend. Zombie or human. But i admire the creativity