Server time: 2017-08-18, 18:16

Sign in to follow this  
Hyborith

Character Sheets

Hyborith    0

So with the final revisions for the Kenneth character it got me thinking...

as usual. posting to general first before making a move on any idea i have... so here it is.

Currently we have Lore for story, Radio chatter for IC chat between characters. but wouldn't it be nice to create a character sheet for each character on your profile or such. unfortunately the forums would swollow that information up....

Now the Character sheet idea i have will mostly just reveal Handicaps, Philosophy, Training, affilations, Age, Name. the usuals. but since your Sheet will be your's to make. you can choose what to reveal in it...

For the RP reason for people having access to such information...well i leave that to the Lore Masters...

But i feel that having a Character Sheet system would mean players can get a grasp of what kind of character your playing... perhaps with enough unique sheets being developed new playstyles and character classes could be developed from it...

Opinions?

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

I feel that would fit into Lore and Stories nicely

Or Dayz SA discussion.

Guest Viktor Kolenkeov   
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

Good thinking hopefully is picks up traction :D

Hyborith    0

Good thinking hopefully is picks up traction :D

Thats the hope. I mean it would be nice to have an overview of what kind of characters players are playing. sure enough i could ask theses things. but a general survival census of who is alive would be nice.

Think DnD character sheet, what traits your character has. what makes him different from the other thousand insane charactors.

It would be nice to neatly display information about your character in your profile rather than making a character thread or posting in an existing thread.. Reminds me of D&D character sheets. +1 on this idea.

Defiance    96

I'm a huge fan of character sheets, but I don't see myself utilizing this tool. Myself and my group are meta-gamed heavily enough to begin with. Piecing fact from fiction is my favorite part of playing the character I play, and anything to circumvent that would be detrimental to my playstyle.

Regardless, I love D&D and I love character sheets. <3

That would be kick ass! It would be wonderful to be able to have a place to put some information quickly about your character, without having to open a word document or the likes. I definitely love this idea!

Hyborith    0

It would be nice to neatly display information about your character in your profile rather than making a character thread or posting in an existing thread.. Reminds me of D&D character sheets. +1 on this idea.

Said exactly what i've been trying to describe. Beware. the intention is You can reveal what you want too. like your backstory whitelist. you don't have to follow it to the letter, therefore the character sheet is like a common knowledge thing.

aside i think it would probably just be a side thing for thoses who use complex characters like myself... i get asked alot why i dont have a rifle or use an axe.

Hyborith    0

I think it sounds interesting :o, I look forward to seeing how it looks.  I think this is a nice character sheet that could be appropriate: http://rpg.ashami.com/character_sheet/

Exactly what am thinking. If this thing keeps getting interest i will ask the dayzrp staff to have it moved to Suggestions and put up a "For your consideration" thing with it...

If Rolle or any of the other staff who works on the website is reading this let us know if it would be difficult to incorporate some sort of Character Sheet element into the Profile pages.

...Better to know if its do-able before making it an actual suggestion.

I think this could be a fun idea! I would love making character sheets for my people. Personally though, I think this idea would be best being left completely optional for people due to the risk of metagaming. And I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't want to deal with making one. I imagine that it could be a Lore and Stories thread looking not unlike the Character Biographies one.

Hyborith    0

I think this could be a fun idea! I would love making character sheets for my people. Personally though, I think this idea would be best being left completely optional for people due to the risk of metagaming. And I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't want to deal with making one. I imagine that it could be a Lore and Stories thread looking not unlike the Character Biographies one.

I agree, i proposed the idea based on Optional revealing.

that link to the char bios thread. another reason for the idea being on our own profile page is because threads do generally die out and fade into obscurity...unless a necropolis appears.

zaklaus    0

Character sheet would be a good feature to implement. Personally, I love describing my character this way.

Hex    31

I certainly approve, perhaps this could be added into the profile pages along with an area/dropdown for character backgrounds and whatnot? I like this idea alot, someone should make up a 'DayZRP character sheet' base, showing different base abilities ( strength, smarts, speed, ect.. ) and a certain number of points that someone can use to fill in these skills?

Guest Viktor Kolenkeov   
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

I think it sounds interesting :o, I look forward to seeing how it looks.  I think this is a nice character sheet that could be appropriate: http://rpg.ashami.com/character_sheet/

That looks perfect great find

latest?cb=20121206203022

Pussy    311

I have a character sheet for each of my characters that I can look back to for my own personal use, but I think that it would be kind of neat having something publicly written for the forums! 

Only issue is that it gives people knowledge about your character even before meeting them, and might be used to meta-game... I guess that would be one of the risks you run.