Server time: 2017-08-17, 19:32

Sign in to follow this  

The Banter Brigade Are Leaving

[mp3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/232949657/Voltaire%20-%20When%20You're%20Evil%20OFFICIAL.mp3[/mp3]

I know some of are you gonna take this as good news and that's fine. This is where I get off, my final destination of dayzrp. Its been fun it really has, I'm not angry Jrod and Jimmy were permed and I put on final warning, I understand it and I'm fine with it, Rolle did what he believed was best and while I don't necessarily agree with it but I have no right to be butt hurt like a little child over it. This is Rolle's community and he can do whatever the fuck he wants to do with it and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get a real idea and leave if they don't like the decisions he makes.

All of the surviving Banter Brigade members are leaving and going somewhere over the rainbow that is dayzrp. We all have had fun here and would do it all again if we could. There is something I would like to put out before we leave though, I don't know how we got the name banter brigade, maybe one of us made it up and it caught on or some shit but I never wanted it, I never wanted to be hated by a community I spent all of my free time on but it happened, why did it happen? Me and my friends have done a lot of things but we have never intentionally wanted to flame people, we only did the things we did when people came after us and a lot of people have gathered a lot of hate for us. I am not gonna debate with anyone so if you are busy typing some long letter to me saying "OH YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID FUCK YOU AND FUCK THE BRIGADE YOU PIECES OF SHIT I HOPE YOU ALL &^##&$^%bdyy)(#^ AND THEN I HOPE YOU &*%@#$#@*$% YOURSELVES!" Please stop. There will always be a group that the community targets, the group is always the same, its a bunch of people that are in or were in a dominate bandit group and during their bandity ways they manage to rob a lot of people and piss a lot of people off in the process, this leads to reports which leads to ooc tension which leads to everyone hopping on the big bandwagon and then things spiral out of control and all sides end up saying something they probably never should have. It was the same thing with SKA, I remember being in multiple ts channels with people talking about how much they hated the SKA and how they were scum, once the SKA was disbanded and certain members were permed, and everyone was all giddy and celebrating, I among them because I was ignorant and did not know any better. Then CRA came around and the same fucking thing happened. Towards the end of the mod I changed my views of things and starting talking to members from both of these groups I use to hate, and you know what I came to find? They were no different from anyone else I had played with, they had laughs, they had likes and dislikes but you know what surprised me most? They were not the people I use to believe they were, They were pretty cool and I learned a valuable lesson on perspective that I still hold dear to my heart to this day.

I get it, even after this people are going to say things about me and yada yada. That's fine, there always will be a SKA CRA BANTERGRIDADE, its only a matter of time before the next group comes around, it could be a week it could be a month hell it could be a year but eventually all of you that hated us will have moved on to hating someone else, hell you might end being one of the people that's so hated. I'm glad I was apart of the banterbrigade, I'm glad I brought you all something to come together  to hate. I've had people come into my channel and scream "YOUR DAD SHOULD HAVE DIED IN IRAQ!" and I never reported it because I don't want any more people permed on my account. Before Slummylemon was permed he sent me a message on ts with some hate in it, I replied back to him with a <3. Once I found out Slummy got permed for posting hate threads on us I was legitimately sad, I admit I never knew the guy so I have no idea what he was like and I had a negative opinion on him because well I'm human and I make poor judgment calls just as everyone else does, before he was permad off the ts I sent him a message saying sorry for whatever I did to him, it makes me sad that someone would be willing to perm themselves from somewhere like this just to hate on me and my friends. This community is something special and we will miss it but perhaps this is for the best, it's not healthy to go on a forum where people shit on you all day. I hope with us leaving you all can go back to being happy instead of hateful.

This is the end of the brigade on dayzrp and hopefully the end of drama for awhile.

To Rolle, I am sorry your friendship with us caused so many people to hate you but I thank you for sticking up for us when no one would. I use to dislike you but that was before I actually got to know you and once I got to know you I thought you were a top lad, probably one of the coolest most understanding guys on dayzrp. You are willing to admit when you made a mistake but you are also willing to defend your views and I respect you for that. Thank you for creating an awesome community and I wish you luck.

To the people who did like us. We love you long time <3

To the people who hated us. You don't gotta worry about us anymore, we get the point and we are leaving.

To all the people I met during my time on dayzrp, it was a fucking pleasure to meet so many people from across the world. I hope you all go on to have awesome lives.

My final message is this, please stop getting so worked up over an online roleplaying community, you all will probably forget about this place in a couple years and this is only a small chapter of your life, life is too short to spend hours an hours of writing just to show your dislike for another person on the internet because some of us (even me) have taken this place way too seriously, towards the end of my time on dayzrp it almost seemed as if this was some weird version of Game of Thrones and that's just sad. Goodluck to all of you and have a good one.

tumblr_lyydi56BiA1ro3agro1_500.gif

finally kyle is gone

o7 deadplex

and o7777777777777777777 to the rest of the lads

Caesar    438

The banter brigade was always a broad term. Funnily enough I never cared for it much either, it seemed to be a name that your group frankly adopted and liked it. That is the impression that was given. The fact is I do believe that several members under the "brand" do deserve to be removed and frankly had a net negative influence on the server. I also believe that part of the problems are down to groupthink. I would hope after this that the people removed will cause those remaining to rethink their attitude and to not cause the same level of problem that we had before. Only time will tell, well it would if you stayed.

I wish you well, but I cannot say that I disagree with the decision made by Rolle. At least not in large part.

MadeInsane    11

Very well written, a shame it had to end the way it did though.

Good luck wherever you lot decide to go, you lot were alright in my book.

Have fun wherever you go guys, shame it had to happen like this. Good luck and keep on having a laugh :) o7

My final message is this, please stop getting so worked up over an online roleplaying community, you all will probably forget about this place in a couple years and this is only a small chapter of your life, life is too short to spend hours an hours of writing just to show your dislike for another person on the internet because some of us (even me) have taken this place way too seriously, towards the end of my time on dayzrp it almost seemed as if this was some weird version of Game of Thrones and that's just sad. Goodluck to all of you and have a good one.

tumblr_lyydi56BiA1ro3agro1_500.gif

This is the part some need to focus on, It will be odd not having The Brigade around. You have your reasons but who knows maybe some will return when the community unwinds.

Good luck in with what ever you're going to do. At least you did not burn your bridges..

The banter brigade was always a broad term. Funnily enough I never cared for it much either, it seemed to be a name that your group frankly adopted and liked it. That is the impression that was given. The fact is I do believe that several members under the "brand" do deserve to be removed and frankly had a net negative influence on the server. I also believe that part of the problems are down to groupthink. I would hope after this that the people removed will cause those remaining to rethink their attitude and to not cause the same level of problem that we had before. Only time will tell, well it would if you stayed.

I wish you well, but I cannot say that I disagree with the decision made by Rolle. At least not in large part.

I love you too.

Guest turbox9   
Guest turbox9

Had some good times with some of you. See yah all. o7 to all the lads.

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

Deadplex I didnt know you personally but I know many of your friends. The issue was you were all nice enough guys... to your friends. I remember when I first joined the community, much like many new members, my encounters with your group and discussions were condescending and rude. Sure, you guys were nice enough once people got to know you, but newer or lesser known people got 0 respect from you guys. I was once among them although most of you wont remember. Thing is I dont hold grudges so once I got to know you guys I liked you, but it doesnt change the way I was treated on numerous discussions by you guys.

I'm sad you are leaving, and I'm sad many of your friends have been perma'd, people which while not my friends I liked reasonably enough. However when you go to a new community together, look inward at your mistakes and your attitude and try to improve. Don't pass off the blame to the fact you were bandits, because many people in this community play as bandits, myself included, and receive no hate. It wasn't your ingame behaviour that was the issue, it was your treatment of others on the forums. It was your often elitist attitude that turned everyone against you all.

Good luck in your future endevours.

I've always had a good time when I've run into you guys in game.

See ya later, fellas.

Bigrat    8

Never had any problem with you guys, hopefully you come back in the future, but for now o7

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

o7 guys, I've never really gotten the chance of knowing any of you, but ic from all of you I've always only had good RP, nor have I ever had ooc problems with any of you.

It's sad to see all these OG people leave for some people who don't get that this is a gaming community... The drama unfortunately will keep on anyway, even without you...people will always need a witch to hunt...

Wish you good luck with whatever you guys are gonna do

Deadplex I didnt know you personally but I know many of your friends. The issue was you were all nice enough guys... to your friends. I remember when I first joined the community, much like many new members, my encounters with your group and discussions were condescending and rude. Sure, you guys were nice enough once people got to know you, but newer or lesser known people got 0 respect from you guys. I was once among them although most of you wont remember. Thing is I dont hold grudges so once I got to know you guys I liked you, but it doesnt change the way I was treated on numerous discussions by you guys.

I'm sad you are leaving, and I'm sad many of your friends have been perma'd, people which while not my friends I liked reasonably enough. However when you go to a new community together, look inward at your mistakes and your attitude and try to improve. Don't pass off the blame to the fact you were bandits, because many people in this community play as bandits, myself included, and receive no hate. It wasn't your ingame behaviour that was the issue, it was your treatment of others on the forums. It was your often elitist attitude that turned everyone against you all.

Did not want to this be a debate but I will reply to this, I do not solely blame it on ingame actions I know that some of our attitudes on the forums are what got us heat. And yes you do not know me personally so please to not presume to know me at all and I will give you the same courtesy.

Goodluck to all of you.

I had fun running into you the few times i did.

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

Did not want to this be a debate but I will reply to this, I do not solely blame it on ingame actions I know that some of our attitudes on the forums are what got us heat. And yes you do not know me personally so please to not presume to know me at all and I will give you the same courtesy.

When I said "you" I meant it plurally to the collective, not you the individual.

Good luck out there, and I mean it when I say I will miss you guys.

Destinwolf    13

I don't think the intention was to force, or make you guys feel like you needed to leave the community so it would be a "happier" place. I think what people wanted was just to make the community a better place by adjusting attitudes. I hate to read all of that and get the impression that you feel like you're being forced away, but if you feel like you must leave, then do what you feel that you must.

Perhaps the ooc hate can or will eventually come to an end, but not because of your leaving, but because every one here needs to learn and take something away from what's been going on in the forums lately. The point being, we all have to get along; this is our community, our baby, and we need to take care of our baby.

So long, and farewell to you and the rest that are leaving. Without judgement, wishing you all the best.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

o7 lads. 40oz will be poured.

Caesar    438

Not the kind of reply to change minds about you. Not that is your intention since your leaving.

While it's probably unlikely I do hope to see your return in the future Deadplex, I've always had fun around you both IG and OOC'ly.

Take care boys.

I've always had such a blast rolling with you guys. I wish you all the best of luck! And man, that gif.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Just another chapter in the DayzRP saga, aye?