Server time: 2017-08-20, 10:00

Sign in to follow this  

[Open Frequencies]

[Cory begins to grow very impatient up in the tall apartment building located in Severograd, he decides to try something else]

This is a message for the leader of the North. Nik, I would like to redeem my favor. 

[Cory puts the radio back into his jacket pocket, and leaves the apartment building]

TLake    23

Thaddeus sits listening in and shakes his head and smiles.

"You shouldn't be so hasty in retrieving that 'favor'.  I think you might wanna think hard and long about what you want first.  Why don't you take some time and wander around for a few weeks and get back to my 'brothers' then?"

He wasn't sure why he didn't like the tone of voice this man had.  Thaddeus lazily slumps back throwing his hands behind his head sitting in a nice chair.

[Cory hears a reply and laughs]

Oh trust me my friend, I've thought about this favor long and hard. It's time I patch things up with Seymour, yes?

[Cory continues to head down South]

*Nik pulls out his radio after hearing a familiar voice*

"ahhh, you wish to redeem your favor, yea? I thought I gave you a secure line..maybe not. Let me know this favor and I will see what I can do. But you keep using my brothers name..I warn you, my brothers come first so think this favor over wisely, yea?"

*Releases the transmit switch and places the radio back in his vest pocket and continues to move with his brothers*

[Cory hears Nik's voice coming from his radio]

I seemed to have lost the paper with your frequency on it, after getting shot so many times I think it got lost it one of my old jackets. Also what do you expect me to call him? He's not my brother and I don't know any nickname for him. I've thought this favor over very wisely as well, and seeing it happen would bring joy to me.

[Cory releases his thumb off the button and chuckles, then puts his thumb back onto the button]

My favor is that your "brother" apologizes to me in person for taking from me, if he can do this then we could set aside our past and perhaps become friends instead of enemies, yes?

[Cory puts the radio back in his pocket and goes back to the fire where everyone is sitting and talking]

*Moody is listening in to the conversation while reading a book. At first he finds the radio annoying, as it distracts him from his reading, but a flash of inspiration hits him and he decides to chime in. He licks his lips, pushes the transmit button and responds with a grim voice.*

"Favors. Apologies. These are some mighty powerful words to be thrown around all nonchalantly. All...willy-nilly, as it were. Now, if you want brother's apology to be your favor, well, he'd be pretty much obliged to give you that one favor. However...and this is a mighty big however, think to yourself long and hard and ask: 'Is that the kind of thing I want to use my favor, my power, for?'

See, favors used to mean so much more than they do these days, and me and my brothers recognize the power behind the favor. Favors used to save lives, used to be exchanged to tie families together. These days the favor is used for all kinds of uselessness, stupidity even."

*Moody takes a drink of water, closes his book and continues. He holds up two fingers.*

"Apologies on the other hand are a whole other side of power. See, the way I see it, a man can only apologize in two situations. Just two. When he feels like he has or is about to wrong another man unjustly. And when he's lying to get out of something. Whether that is a life-or-death situation or a man who hates taking out the trash.

So let me ask you this: Are you going to redeem a favor, and lose your power, for an apology that is just more than likely a lie? An apology to make you feel better about yourself, or the situation that happened to you? An apology that will have little-to-no influence on the shape or form of the world around you? Seems a bit misguided and Weak to me....but what do I know? I'm only human, just like you. Hell, maybe I'd do the same thing in your shoes."

*He starts to lower his radio but thinks twice*

"I've been on here for a good while now, so I'll leave you with one last point to ponder. My brothers and I? We 'take' nothing. We give opportunities. Opportunities to strive and overcome. Opportunities to call yourself the powerful, the Strong, the triumphant. So if we 'take' an item that belongs to you, or a bit of flesh maybe? It's only as a fair trade for the benefits you receive."

*He releases the transmit button and goes back to reading*

[Cory laughs as he hears the reply]

You say "my brothers and I don't take nothing". I'm going to assume you weren't there that day when your brother and his wife took my vest, put it on, slit my face, then left me to have to find the rest of my stuff. When I first met your leader, he asked me a lot of questions and obviously he liked my answers because he marked me strong. He did tell me one thing that I've always remembered since then as well, and that was to never taken from others as it's weak. Even though he told me those words, his own "brothers" and "sisters" stole from me.

[Cory pauses for a second before saying anything too hasty]

You also say that this favor gives me power or something, it really doesn't. I don't need you guys to help me out or anything like that, I have my own "brothers" for that. My favor is really just a way to make peace, I could have done what I originally wanted to right after it happened and just went after you guys. Your "brother" who stole from me said I was weak for getting mad that he stole my vest, when in reality I was mad due to the fact that he took from me, right in front of the leader who told me never to do that. Nik said he owed me two favors after it all happened but I don't want two favors, I just want a simple apology in person from your "brother" that stole from me and want him to realize that I wasn't the one being weak in that situation, but he was.

[Cory takes a deep breath]

Think about it this way, if he apologizes then things end peacefully, yes? I would hate for things to end poorly, as I like you guys, just didn't like how you handled things that day.

[Cory puts the radio away and takes a drink from his water]

*I'm walking through are home admiring the scenery of this place taking in the quiet. Not being able to fall asleep lets me think about all the recent events that have gone on in my life. The silence is broken by the conversation between my brother and Cory, I think to myself who would waste a favor on this. I give a little chuckle at the mans request, before putting the radio up to my mouth and chiming in a 17 year old voice come out of you radio*

Please, brother Teddy if he wants to waste his favor on this useless request let him. This man cares too much for his possessions, he is losing what allowed him to get this favor. In my opinion you don't deserve this favor anymore on the way you have been acting about this issue but I can not take away what has been already given away. So, I will be off back into my restless night, goodbye Cory.

*I think to myself to what I said, then I shrug my shoulder realizing I can't take it back. I put the radio back into my backpack and begin to walk through my home wondering to myself "Why can't I sleep"* 

[Cory gets very irritated upon hearing the reply]

Hmm, do you prefer I come after you or make peace?

[Cory thinks to himself, what a stupid kid]

I don't need any favor from you guys, I've had the option to use it for over a month now, but I don't need your guys help. So if you wish to criticize me and the way I want to use my favor, perhaps I shouldn't use it and do what I was going to do in the first place?

[Cory stops there before he says something he'll regret and takes a breath] 

One last thing, I don't know how many times I've said this, but get it in your head this one last time. The vest is not why I care so much, it's the fact that your leader told me never to take from others, then you guys took from me. If you're going to bring yourself into a radio chatter, perhaps know the full story of what's going on?

[Cory puts his radio away and begins to pace around trying to calm down]

TLake    23

Thaddeus raises an eyebrow at the radio chatter that has been carrying on.

"I didn't think we needed to make peace with you.  Are we at war?  If we are at war wouldn't that favor mean nothing then?  I think you should reevaluate your position and get back to us.  How about another month or so?"

He lowered the radio shaking his head, "God damn this guy is strange.  Say's the vest didn't mean anything and his favor is an apology.  Wouldn't that mean the vest meant something to him?"he muttered forgetting to release the talk button.

[Cory laughs after hearing this response thinking it's a joke]

Hmm, I think you guys have hearing issues or something. Let me try to talk a little louder when I say this one last time.

[Cory raises his voice and you can tell he's beginning to get irritated]

You guys have the decency to hold me up on the coast about a month ago and to scar my face, then tell me to never take from others, then take from me. It was very disrespectful.

I could care less for the vest, as I've said before I have a new one in a better condition than that one. I don't understand why you guys continue to think the vest is the whole problem here. It's the fact that I was told not to do something and I respected that, then you guys do the very thing you told me not to do, it's hypocritical.

[Cory takes a breath and pauses for a second before speaking again]

We are not at war, and there is no need to go to war either as long as I get an apology. Like I said, it's not about the vest, it's about respect.

[Cory puts his radio away and lays down on a bed in the abandoned house]

Andrew8818    1

Drew lets out a dry raspy laugh before picking up his radio, to respond to Corey       

"You fail to realize not all of us are as nice and well composed as our Brother Nik.

Releases the radio takes a deep breathe before continuing.......

"To be fair you should be thanking Nik for being there.... 

Pauses

"because I was about to blow the back of your skull out with my .357 and watch as your brain matter fertilized the local flora.

Sets his radio down and pours another shot of  scotch

[Cory hears a smartass reply and loses his temper]

I take back what I said about trying to make peace, you guys are a bunch of fucking morons that don't get it. I'll take your life as you took my vest, sound fair? Have a nice day, and I won't be replying back to this transmission.

[Cory drops the radio on the ground and smashes it with his foot]

Andrew8818    1

[Cory hears a smartass reply and loses his temper]

I take back what I said about trying to make peace, you guys are a bunch of fucking morons that don't get it. I'll take your life as you took my vest, sound fair? Have a nice day, and I won't be replying back to this transmission.

[Cory drops the radio on the ground and smashes it with his foot]

Drew picks up his radio

"Come find us buddy, we're waiting"

Just before Drew releases the button you can hear him and a few unnamed individuals laughing in the background.

*STATIC*

*Trying to stay composed Nik grabs his radio for the last time*

"If war is what you want, then you got it. You better keep those brothers of yours close, real close.

Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. My brothers wanted to teach you a lesson that day. You stumbled upon us dealing with business, what can I say? You should've stayed away for the time being, but you didn't right?

If you want war over not getting an apology for sister taking your vest.. then maybe you don't truly understand what it means to survive. You said you wont reply but I hope you hear, you have a lot to learn.

Apparently I mis judged you and I don't have one ounce of respect for you, who are you to demand an apology over radio. Don't worry your gonna learn now fella, and ill be your teacher, yea?"

*He puts the radio back in his vest, and continues moving*

*Wong listens to the radio back and forth till he gets angry and replies.*

There will be no War....Cory. WHO are you to decide if the brothers go to War with someone? I respect you and I love you but you are young and need to learn.. first lesson. Don't pick fights over nothing. declaring war over a FUCKING VEST! A VEST THAT WAS USELESS. I don't care if they didn't give you a apology either. What the fuck is wrong with you? has being alone for the last 7 days made you stupid? Don't worry. Brother J and B are coming home. 

*Wong clears his throat*

Right Mr and Mrs Jackals. As much as I disagree with what my little brother is saying and doing, I don't respect threats to my family. Talking about putting bullets in heads for just wondering in on yous is abit...hmm EXTREME yes? even for my standards...Forget this little argument yes? I'm sure you have bigger things to deal with yes? I will talk to him and lets be friends. I actually wish to talk to your leader about something in private. Come by our radio frequency  187.0 and we shall talk. AS I believe meeting in person will be a little dangerous at this moment in time. around 9hrs I'll be back in Chernarus.

NOW I got a mountain to finish. Take care fellas 

*Wong releases the button on hid radio and continues the journey down mountain.*

*Nik grab his radio sluggishly after a long night of traveling*

"Ill be honest I did really like Mr.Cory but I guess things took a turn, yea? Now these threats were just a retaliation to the hostility over the radio but if you say we can drop this..then maybe we can.

I'm all about chances and giving people a second try as long as they have potential, ya know? Now, we can arrange a meeting over radio, like you said it would be best to talk first and let the tensions die.

I can only do my best to influence my brothers and sister because in the end there all there own individual. Individuals I call family, I respect there decisions. So what happens..happens I guess. But anyway id love to chat. Ill tune into that frequency very soon"

*Nik tucks his radio back in his vest pocket*

*Wong sets his first foot back in Chernarus and smiles. Home*

Good. Great. Sounds reasonable 

*Wong releases his button on his radio*

Andrew8818    1

Drew reaches into his pack and pulls out his radio

"I'd be willing to set our differences aside if your boy learns to keep his mouth shut, next time he happens to stumble upon us"

.....Static......

"Oh and he better not ask for another apology"

Laughs uncontrollably

"Out"

*The Bear clenches his teeth and hits his transmit button*

"Hey hey hey hey. Last time I checked Glenn, you were little more than someone's boy yourself. So this is me making sure my boy keeps his mouth shut and doesn't ruin a perfectly good chance to make friends with a group of Strong individuals."

*He relaxes and seems calmer for all but a second*

"I'm all for freedom of speech....but you need to realize that this is under f**king control. Measures are in place, people are being talked to...the situation is being handled. The hostility and aggression are done."

*He clears his throat and speaks calmly*

"Anyway, Brother Nik and this new man J, or B maybe? I apologize for brother's rude behavior, rest assured....there will be repercussions."

*He releases the transmit button and goes back to his book*