Server time: 2017-10-20, 18:14
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Aehab

[Unnamed and Exiled] "This is Louie"

Aehab    0

Louie entered the small work shed he'd gradually turned into a small one-room home, excitedly placing a newly found radio on his workbench. He put the transceiver up to his face, pressing down the button on the side and speaking into it.

"This is Louie Walker," He begins, suddenly realizing he hadn't thought of what to say the entire way from the seemingly empty home of a survivor to here, "I repeat, this is Louie Walker. Mike, Veera, anyone, I hope you hear this. I hope the message gets through. Please, talk to me. I'll be on this frequency for the next few days, I'm gonna try to get in contact twice an hour."

Matt    24

*Matt snatches his radio quickly after hearing the familiar voice and pushes in the transmit button*

Louie!? Jesus fucking christ man no one has heard from you in fucking weeks!

Where the fuck are you man! Let me come get you I can bring you to Mike we will get you a pint at our pub!

*Matt releases his finger from the button awaiting a response*

Aehab    0

Louie presses the button on the transceiver, 

"I'm in southern Russia. I'm coming back down soon, don't worry. I lost my radio a while ago. How is everyone? How's Veera?"

Matt    24

*Matt clicks his radio in*

Urrrm Veera? Ye she is fine still about, I left that group though with my own group, got Mike to join me.

Just say when you come back from Russia will radio Veera and that lot down to come meet us at our pub?

*Matt releases the button*

Aehab    0

"I see," A door can be heard opening in the background.

"You ready to go yet?," A male voice says. Louie mumbles something to him that can't quite be made out over the radio.

"Right. I'll be in the car," The voice says, seeming to respond to Louie's comment. This is followed by a door closing.

"You have a pub now? Thats nice," Louie says.

MatthewFC    43

*As he watches the sky absentmindedly, Matthew didn't realize his own radio was still on. People had not bothered him for the past few days... they had been quite understanding, and he appreciated that. As this continued, the sudden noise of the radio coming alive brought him back to reality. 

Surprised at the name being transmitted over the radio, Matthew picks up his transceiver and listens closely to the bad quality, yet familiar voice. As the broadcast ends, he shakes out of his mind his previous thoughts, takes a deep breath and answers*

Louie, it's Matthew. Yes, that Matthew: the one that doesn't make any jokes. People will be glad to have confirmation that you're alright. Things have changed around here: some people shifted around, some left, and your friends miss you. I will not disclose anymore information on open frequencies... Are you alright?

*Matthew pauses a bit, doubting whether to say anymore or spare his friend any worries... almost unconsciously he follows with a few more words.*

Your help is needed with... something...

Tch.

*With that last clicking of his tongue, Matthew ends the transmission, blaming the slip of tongue on his transient weakness. He lets the transceiver go and submerges himself again in his own thoughts*

Aehab    0

"Mister Farenheit!," Louie says, taking the familiar black cowboy hat from atop his head and brushing his fingers through his long brown hair, "Its nice to hear from you again, my good man."

"What do you need help with? Is everything alright?"

MatthewFC    43

*Matthew sighs and chooses to answer truthfully*

It's Cora. She's been lost for weeks. There's more, but that's enough, right?

I'm afraid she might only come out from wherever she is if it's your voice that beckons her. Or Tosha's, but... Nevermind. 

Take your time, but choose what to do soon. I don't want to fail them both...

*Matthew releases his transceiver, his eyes affixed on the sky once again. But they're now in a glare.*

Aehab    0

"I'm already worried," He says, "I'll be home soon". He releases the button.

Panic    0

*Hearing Louie's voice on a familiar frequency, Veera responds.*

"Glad you're headed back soon. Things were too quiet up there eh? Seems we'll need to catch you up to speed on everything going on. I promise not to fuck things up too much this time. I'll meet you as soon as you're in range. Travel safe."

*She lets go of the PTT and clips her radio to her vest, waiting for more news.*

Calloused fingers depress a black slender button. There is just a bit of radio static before the silence is broken by a long, methodical laugh. It's a cackle of two parts, the first the growl of rolling thunder, the second the warmth of a summer's kiss. The accordion song of labored breathing plays in a cycle behind the laughter. Something falls, cries out in a separation of shattered glass. A word with jagged edges is said in angry French.

"Boy, 'ave I missed you. Get 'ere, soon, mon ami. I 'ave so much to show you. So much..."

Aehab    0

"Hi Papa," He says, "I'm working on it". He releases the button, before pressing it down again, "Veera, you really need to stop thinking like that. It can't be healthy"

Ocean    6

*After being alone for the past couple days Mike sits on his new bed just waking up from a long rest. Turning on his radio he hears a voice he did not expect to hear anytime soon. He presses the button and begins to speak in a somber tone.*

"Louie?" *Silence* "Man I hope you're doing well, Veera said you were safe and I trust her. Sounds like she was right." *Mike sits up from his bed walking over to the rooms window looking out*

"I've been alone for a little while now. Quite a bit has happened with me. I tried some new things. But I mean, I actually haven't been alone. I've been running into a lot of our friends..." 

*At this point Mike is just blabbering on just about random things. He misses talking with Louie, misses talking at all.*

"For the most part I have just been by myself. I don't mind it, I know all our friends are still out there and that I can contact them whenever I want. For now I just want to be alone. I kinda understand why you went off, makes sense." *pauses for a while* 

"I am going to try and do this little "pub" thing like Matt said. Maybe you can come by" *pauses again* "I hope to see you soon Louie, I miss you guys." 

Sign in to follow this