Server time: 2017-08-16, 12:54

Sign in to follow this  
Frozen

Any good games you know?

Frozen    45

I am really looking for some good games with a good story. Something that makes me feel connected to the world. A serious story if that makes any sense. 

An example of my favorite games of all time : Metro Series. 

They truly interested me by putting me in a dramatic place, the music and environment made me feel very immerse and I loved it.

I've also tried playing the Fallout 3/New Vegas series, Mass Effect series and now I am just looking for some good dramatic games.

Just personally I like sorta realistic games or sorta based around something real.

Suggestions?

Frozen    45

The game that immediately comes to mind if you loved those games, is STALKER.

Isn't the story sorta not serious? Borderlands sorta thing but less funny? (This is what I've been told)

Guest DooD YC   
Guest DooD YC

I am really looking for some good games with a good story. Something that makes me feel connected to the world. A serious story if that makes any sense. 

An example of my favorite games of all time : Metro Series. 

They truly interested me by putting me in a dramatic place, the music and environment made me feel very immerse and I loved it.

I've also tried playing the Fallout 3/New Vegas series, Mass Effect series and now I am just looking for some good dramatic games.

Just personally I like sorta realistic games or sorta based around something real.

Suggestions?

You should try out Half Life 1 Black Mesa mod, its a complete overhaul on the graphics side and the game looks amazing and is amazing. There is also Gears of War Ultimate Edition coming to Windows 10 so that will be fun and there is The Witcher 3. The most emursive at of these is Gears of War but the PC release date is TBA.

Flapjack    66

The game that immediately comes to mind if you loved those games, is STALKER.

Isn't the story sorta not serious? Borderlands sorta thing but less funny? (This is what I've been told)

Couldn't tell you to be completely honest, never played it personally. But that's never how I've viewed it.

Heroz_Nick    21

Each of the games above are old school games, meaning you should play them before you die :P

if you want a concrete story, Fallout 3 all the way.

But if you have a PS3/4 ~ The last of us will terrorize your emotions

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

Mass Effects a pretty good single player game. Fallout 3 aswell.

Samaritan    246

I'd suggest:

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

Mass Effect 1,2 & 3

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I would advise giving a try to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Especially Call of Pripyat. That is one of my favourite games that I have ever played. And, as you like the Metro series, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is pretty close. It's a post-apocalyptic game with three different "maps" to explore, and, as the title suggests, you will go to Pripyat, which is of course, part of Chernobyl. So yes. If you like mutants, bandits, some spookyness and surviving, I reccomend this game. :D

EDIT: I see it was already suggested. Sorry for not reading the thread ;_; But as I played it twice already, I can tell you, it is a very serious game. Of course, there are some of those "Russian Comedians" who just fuck around :D But apart from that, it is a very serious game and it's not even close to Borderlands

Revilo    7

Each of the games above are old school games, meaning you should play them before you die :P

terrorize? that shit will rip your heart right out

If we're talking about ripping our hearts out, The Walking Dead game, end of season 1... That part made me cry like a baby ;-;

Revilo    7

If we're talking about ripping our hearts out, The Walking Dead game, end of season 1... That part made me cry like a baby ;-;

games that make you cry could be an entirely new thread

games that make you cry could be an entirely new thread

+1 Yes please

Hellspawnceri    470

The game that immediately comes to mind if you loved those games, is 

I would advise giving a try to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Especially Call of Pripyat. That is one of my favourite games that I have ever played. And, as you like the Metro series, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is pretty close. It's a post-apocalyptic game with three different "maps" to explore, and, as the title suggests, you will go to Pripyat, which is of course, part of Chernobyl. So yes. If you like mutants, bandits, some spookyness and surviving, I reccomend this game. :D

EDIT: I see it was already suggested. Sorry for not reading the thread ;_; But as I played it twice already, I can tell you, it is a very serious game. Of course, there are some of those "Russian Comedians" who just fuck around :D But apart from that, it is a very serious game and it's not even close to Borderlands

I agree. Any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games would be a good choice, a very atmospheric and enjoyable game franchise.

metro last light/2033, splinter cell series, hmm so many choices

Guest Otto Howl   
Guest Otto Howl

Fallout New Vegas

Destinwolf    13

I'm really enjoying Don't Starve on my Ps4. There's a survival game that, in my opinion, is much more difficult than most other survival games that are out now. Every time I play, I learn something new, especially after death. There's not much of a story, and not much to the graphics, but the game play is a lot of fun! I would recommend it.

I would recommend Bioshock and Bioshock 2 (Bioshock Infinite is shit). The Witcher and the Witcher 2. All very good games with a good story. Not sure if it fits you preference of "realistic", but its worth picking up.