Server time: 2017-10-17, 04:01
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
cakey

Asking for new rule input.

cakey    14

hello everyone. lately i have been thinking about the KOS rules and what happens after you get robbed.  and yes a lot of robbery's take place all the time.

anyways the new rule i would like to see is that after the person who robbed you has left and has not killed you. he/she must stay on that server for 30 minutes to an hour to make sure the person they robbed is not taking up the 2 hour revenge rule, where it says in KOS rules (You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken, as long as it does not conflict with the other rules.) if the robber knows and sees that he/she has left the server its okay to leave as well.. only reason i think this rule is fair cause i see people rob someone and run away and leave/log .. maybe this could go down as combat log but this new rule will also make people think more about robbing someone, im most likely not explaining this new rule but i think you get the idea, it just covers the 2 hour revenge rule more and that less people get robbed, it happens to much i think.

Samaritan    342

The current rule is that you have to stay on-line for at least 15 minutes after the hostile action has taken place. The 15 minutes start as soon as the line of sight is broken between the people involved. If someone logs before this then it is classed as a combat log. 15 minutes seems long enough to me.

Rolle    2926

I don't think we can require people to stay and play for an hour. We have the 15 minute combat log rule though, which requires breaking LoS.

It's a fucking effort to sit around for an hour hiding out after a robbery. 99% of the time you're gonna hide out in some remote patch of forest that you've gotten to randomly and hide in a pine tree. What more thought do I have to put into robbing someone?

I want your shit, I rob you, I get away, I sleep on my new pillow stuffed with loot.

cakey    14

ah right.. thanks for the fast replys guys (:

Terra    1449

We had it in the past: If someone logs out after 15minutes just to join a different Server, that is obviously not allowed. However, everyone who is hostile and is robbing people, should only do it when they have time and to RP it out.

Volke    131

Seems like more hassle then it's worth to be honest, 15 minutes with LOS broken is fine with me :P

Caesar    438

We can't force people to stay online that long. It is an unreasonable expectation.

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

We can't force people to stay online that long. It is an unreasonable expectation.

Ark    229

I don't see the need really to be honest. The current rule of 15 minutes after breaking line of sight works fine, and as people have said we can't ask/expect people to stay on that long sometimes.

Destinwolf    13

15 minute and breaking los is enough, but I do understand where you're coming from.

Kaplyn    0

I agree with most of the above here, 15 minute and LoS should be enough. 1 Hour is quite a while to be forced to stay in the server.

NishiUrban    84

I don't see any particular need to change things to be longer, although I can understand the frustration. There's been at least two instances where I've wanted to utilize my KOS rights on people who have taken me hostage, find a weapon, ammunition, only to find they have already started logging out after breaking line of sight and waiting the required 15 minutes. I agree that if you don't believe you'll have the time to rp something out afterward, or for some meaningful amount of time, you probably should reconsider robbing someone in the first place. I understand people have a life outside of game, but that's what I generally try to do anyway.

Defiance    96

15 minutes is a minimum. My group only logs after 15 minutes if it's like 4am and we need to get to sleep, otherwise we'll give our (victims) far more time to retaliate.

This rule, like any other rule, shouldn't be abused. It's when the rule is abused that it becomes a problem. Depending on the quality of RP, my robberies can last well over an hour, and sometimes afterward I'm extremely tired.