Server time: 2017-10-23, 04:07
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
MatchOfEvil

Radio Station Team

MatchOfEvil    0

Hey guys, I'd like to get some opinions on this matter. I'm thinking of setting up a neutral, non-bias, non-propoganda radio station. The sole purpose of this team would be to relay important messages such as an emergency broadcast station but fit for the apocalypse.

The Team should consist of-

- 1 Main Broadcast Announcer

- 1 Backup Broadcast Announcer

- 2 Security Guards (To keep the peace and prevent the radio from being taken over and forced to spread propoganda)

- 1 Vehicle Driver/Resource Gatherer (To gather supplies to keep the station safe and well supplied with life essentials)

Anyways, what're your guy's opinions on this whole topic and idea? Do you think it could be done, and how effective do you think this team would be?

Hyborith    0

Had several Radio shows in the past. did one myself at one point. but i say go for it... more content for the community. don't forget to break out the retros before breaking out the modern stuff...

Gotta find music to play it if yer playing tunes as well as news.

Brad    158

Always a lot of fun!  

I did one that was broadcasted through twitch and teamspeak, a lot of fun and I plan to do it again as soon as my internet is agreeable! :)

Jester    48

I love the idea of a working radio station.  People hi jacking the signal and spreading their own propaganda.    Lol    I hope it becomes a reality for you!

MatchOfEvil    0

I didn't put it in the group thread because it's not a group yet. I was just brainstorming ideas. I want to be able to stream music through teamspeak and get my own radio channel, but I want to keep it based in game the most. I don't know the range of the walkie-talkies but I'd like to broadcast over those while riding through the countryside of Chernarus. If they come up with some long range comms systems, like CB-Radios, that'd make DayZRP so much better.

NishiUrban    84

I say go for it if you want too. I don't believe there is any current official radio station group out there, and people have enjoyed attempts at radio station hosts and such in the past, so I think it would add something different to the current deck of cards running around in game which I'm all for. I hope to see some more in depth details about it in the future.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

You do you.

Guest Viktor Kolenkeov   
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

Sounds great :D

MatchOfEvil    0

200.gif

Sounds like a good idea man, I'd like to see a radio show back in chenarus! :)

Just because of the Do It! GIF I'm gonna Do It! lol thanks @Jack Allen

Pussy    382

The logistics of a radio station team are a tricky one. But I say go for it! A little challenge never hurt anybody.

Samaritan    349

It has been done before but it is still a great idea however I think you'd need more than two security guards.

MatchOfEvil    0

Well it's been decided, I'm just looking for a crew in game. After that, I'll post it in the groups forum. Thanks guys, I'll probably see you when your faction comes to take us over to spread propaganda ;)

JUST DO IT! make a group that is based on Green Mountain :3 use team speak or something to broadcast it out, but make sure the people that join don't speak

Hollows    458

I'd group up with these people and set out on foot to explore and discover different radio tower locations in Chernarus. Green Mountain will be a major cliche, unfortunately. Regardless, I always enjoy these ideas.

Also, might I add, I would implement a,"Mechanic/Repair Man," to the list of people you need for RP reasons. Someone to maintain and fix the radio antenna if and when it goes down, either during a storm or due to months/years of neglect with Post-Soviet technology.

Lue    25

My character "Two-Can Sam" is currently working on repairing a radio up north at an undisclosed location for something to pass the time. I had planned on having him being a talk-show type station where guests may appear to relay their messages across the wastes for all to hear.. I've been working up to it via radio chatter thread, little by little.

If you ever want to collaborate, let me know. Wouldn't mind working with a group if there was interest out there.

and I have to throw in a

#Frayzies

80% of the reason why I came to dayZRP... I saw his radio station and listened to it and thought "this crap is friggin legit... I need to make the news someday"

Jester    48

The idea of a traveling broadcasts from place to place would be cool. Changing your location to stop people from finding you and silencing your broadcasts.

Glitch    15

I like it! I was thinking about that the other day as well, a radio station kinda like Fallout 3. I don't know if I'd personally broadcast anything but I like the idea and I may even participate if possible. But yeah you may need more than two guards depending on how public your location is.