Server time: 2017-08-23, 21:36

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

NLR Idea

Would you prefer to have The NLR like real life where if you die you must start all over again   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer to have The NLR like real life where if you die you must start all over again

• No Defend The old ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • The winds are changing!!!!!!!!

Guest Viktor Kolenkeov   
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

When i Role Play when i die in game ether if it be environment or Player. I always creat a new RP Its the most realistic think of it you get shot in the head by a bandit when you run away or getting ripped apart by a hoard. You don't wake up on the beach 30 seconds later and every thing is fine and act like it never happened. What sort of Role play is it when you meet the guy who killed you he is going to be like "i thought i put a 12 gauge in the back of your head how are you alive?" I don't mean to disrespect  any of the adms you guys are awesome and you all work so hard this is just a idea.and you should keep yr rp when you die for a glitch or kos

It has been suggested before and it only comes to the person that has been killed.It is up to them to decide if they want their character to be permadeathed or not.

Guest Viktor Kolenkeov   
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

Oh i see thx my bad *face Palm*

I'd rather not create a new character just because the game is glitched, or someone KOS me.

Samaritan    258

Some people have invested a lot of time in their character and become very attached to them. To create a new character every time you die would be a task in itself. Some people die quite a lot :). Ultimately this have been suggested before but it always comes down to a persons choice as to whether to perm their character. Some people perm their character if it is 'a good death' if you get my meaning but some people prefer to 'wake up in the beach with no memory of their death'. :)

If you want to do it that way by all means go ahead, but it will be difficult if you want to join a group in the future as technically if you die then you're not apart of the group anymore if you perm yourself. At the end of the day it is a personal choice and should stay that way but that's just my opinion.

TLake    23

Yeah I don't like this at all and this has been talked about before. People die for dumb reasons in this game all the time in not so meaningful ways. It's up to the person who's character it is to decide when they perma.

I have always promised if I was ever executed and the role play was good and everything was legit. I'd permad that character. I know a lot of people follow that same idea. Personally, I've been rule breaked where it's gotten me killed. I have thought about killing of the character like that but it seems so meh. I believe it should be up to whoever is playing the character. In the end, it is up the them if they would like to decide to perma there characters or not. I'm going to have to vote on keeping it the way it is now.

Guest Viktor Kolenkeov   
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

well of course you would keep your rp if you died from a glitch or kos

I would like it if you get executed that you HAVE to perma,

Some people (Not gonna call any names) got executed 4/5 times and they still didn't perma.

Maybe if you get executed 2/3 times you have to perma?

Thoughts?

Some people (Not gonna call any names) got executed 4/5 times and they still didn't perma.

Thoughts?

Not gonna happen, you cannot force people to stop people playing their character.

Thoughts?

Not gonna happen, you cannot force people to stop people playing their character.

I fully understand that, but if you look rp wise, it wouldn't make sense if a group shoots you trough your head and they see you walking without any problems. If you do try to act like you are hurt or something? don't you think??

Thoughts?

No thanks

Myself have played the same character for over a year now and built up so much around him, granted I don't get executed a lot if ever, but even if I did I would not perma, I know it might be annoying for the executor but seeing how common executions are nowadays i'm not going to perma unless I get a really good reason to.

And like above, we can't force people to do it and it would be unfair.

Thoughts?

I fully understand that, but if you look rp wise, it wouldn't make sense if a group shoots you trough your head and they see you walking without any problems. If you do try to act like you are hurt or something? don't you think??

Agreed with you on that, but you have to look it from the other way around. You have a character which you like very much and your story is not ended yet, therefor you want to continue playing your character, a minor setback like a shot in the head cannot stop you from doing that.

Only you, the owner of the character, can and should decide whether your story is over and your character is going to be perma'd. There have been a gazillion threads about it and they all ended the same, it's not gonna happen. You and only you decide whether a character permadeaths, not some thug who happens to put a bullit in your brain.

Thoughts?

No thanks

Myself have played the same character for over a year now and built up so much around him, granted I don't get executed a lot if ever, but even if I did I would not perma, I know it might be annoying for the executor but seeing how common executions are nowadays i'm not going to perma unless I get a really good reason to.

I mean, if the executer has a really good reason I think it would make sense to perma. But indeed we cannot force people to perma :)

Thoughts?

No thanks

I mean, if the executer has a really good reason I think it would make sense to perma. But indeed we cannot force people to perma :)

Of course, i'm not gonna perma because some thin skinned executor shot me for telling him to fuck off :D

Caesar    438

If we forced this then people would need to give OOC permission for that permadeath to occur. I do not want my character permanent future decided by someone else.

Jm Von Cat    154

For myself, I play a character that I have developed and used for over a year now. Hell no am I going to perma death him if I die by a glitch or any other method of my death. Indeed the only reason I would perma would be if it was an amazingly RPed situation that just felt right, even then I would probably leave a couple of doors open with a cliff hanger type death. Just in case I get realy uncomfortable with his death.

Thoughts?

Even though it makes sense RP wise, this is still a game that people play to enjoy and if I enjoy my character then I am not going to perma him for someone else, that is only for me to decide...

IMO it depends on the player, I personally don't like restarting my character unless I really want to get him executed. if lets say, Kenway get captured and tortured, I will always type (//you can torture me but I'm not perma sheathing even if you kill me) that's the way it goes, the thing is that people should learn that executions and expecting a perma is power gaming. we don't do that kind of thing, when you want to perma a character you do it, no one can force you. it comes at a difficult choice for a lot of people, frustrating from the bandit standpoint, last thing I need is some fucker to tell the rest of the world about me running an illegal operation after I execute him.

Davos    5

It is up to the player what they want to do. I have made a new character for every significant death I suffered, but for little things, no, especially accidents or glitches. As for running into the people who killed you? The chances of spawning close to your point of death is less likely than spawning elsewhere, and that doesn't leave a lot of time to come up with a new player in the thirty seconds you have till you "wake up on the beach". The best thing to do is to avoid the area of death, which you are supposed to do anyways, and move in a different direction.

It should also be noted that you can only be executed for a good RP reason, and to cause any permanent change to another player's character, you must seek their permission. This applies towards facial scaring as well as executions. Some people rely on executions too willy nilly and its no fun for the person they are doing it too. Forcing anything on someone like that, especially a Perma is powergaming, and I never want to see that taken into the rules.

If there is excellent roleplay involved, and the story led up to it, hell yes I would perm my character, and I would probably praise the group that did it if all went well and built up over a month or so of back and forth. However, random bandits capturing you, doing torture RP and then popping a round in your head for no real reason after meeting you an hour before? Not going to happen.

Ocean    6

Realism sounds awesome, and if we wanted to make this a contest to see who can last the longest it would make sense. Sadly we want to have fun and trashing a whole character because the "environment" killed you isn't fun for most. Entertainment over Realism in this case.

Boston    650

I'd like forced perma-death up until the point where I have a good character and get DayZ'd.

Maybe from me. :P

Dethorhyne    8

Dying from desync on a floored building is my no.1 cause of death. I think it'd be valid to attempt to retrieve the gear since no actual rp-ing caused the death.

Guest Bro_941   
Guest Bro_941

Hello,

I believe that is a great idea because then it gives you a sense of new beginning and gives you more of a realistic look to RP because is that what DayZRP about realism, great thinking I believe that is a great idea and we should all strive towards a new beginning of "NLR"!

-Bro

My Goals:

• Post 500 times on the forums
  • Get a REP of 300
  • Join a well known clan
  • Become known in the forum community
  • Become apart of the DayZRP Staff Team