Server time: 2017-08-19, 09:25

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mak

All of them happy?

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

Alright, this is a personal idea, you're more than free of agreeing or disagreeing, as long as you keep the the discussion civil.

In the last few days we probably all have witnessed a little quarrel between some members of the community and another member; (not even going to use names here, y'all know who I'm talking about) that ended up in a report being made for bullying that got 2 guys perma-banned and only God knows how many people on final warning.

What disgusts me soo much about this story, is not the report itself ( of which I'm not gonna talk about here, so don't even bring it up) but the amount of people cheering and being happy after they'd learnt that the so called "bullies" were punished...

I could bet that, 80% of those who were happy about this, had probably never even had a chat with those guys... Ever... But had problems with them for no apparent reason... And even if they actually did have contacts with the guys, cheering after somebody got perma'd in that way makes me wanna puke...

On a side note, I've never talked myself with most of the people involved in the report, so in this post I'm not flaming or trying to make them get unbanned, since I don't even know them; it's a genuine question, of a really confused member of this community that was never harrassed, or in any way annoyed by those guys' attitude, nor were most of the people (if not all of them) that I know from here...

This endless ramble's point is, pretty much, to figure out why the fuck are some many people happy that punishments were taken for those people...

I'd be happy to hear what you think about this.

The community is/was split between "cool kids" and others. To be honest there shouldn't be any of that here. We are all nerds role playing. Cant we all just have fun together?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Stuff was deeper and edgier then just that one report.

Thats one thing.

I really do not feel this thread is needed nor is it going to be lending anything to the situation. It simply will become a hotbed of flame due the lack of civil discussion.

let's not forget the youtube and Twitter accounts made by these guys to slate us and "Expose" us.

I'm honestly not bothered about it all, got enough going on in my real life to have to worry about an Internet "War"

Could we not talk about this anymore?I'm tired of it.I don't care,I don't want to know.It's literally everywhere.Like Johny said,we are all a bunch of nerds playing a game on the internet,so everyone chill out and don't be an arse to anyone.

Samaritan    251

To be honest I think Rolle wanted a line drawing under this along with most of the community, bringing it up again isn't the greatest idea. I suggest that you PM an Admin or Rolle if you want to discuss this further. Inevitably this thread will turn into a back and forth of those who agreed or disagreed with Rolle's decision.

I think that you would find that the majority of people are not happy about anyone getting permed, so I'm not sure where you get this from. I can guarantee that the OP of the report isn't happy this has happened, there are no winners in reports. Simply put the people involved put this community into disrepute ultimately leading to their punishment. End of story.

As Rolle said, lets just get back to playing DayZRP and having fun.

let's not forget the youtube and Twitter accounts made by these guys to slate us and "Expose" us.

I'm not looking to fuel a fire here Kev but

7af303c494.jpg

I don't know who the Twitter belongs to and I am not claiming to know or care but someone out there is looking to do more damage

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

snip

I don't know who the Twitter belongs to and I am not claiming to know or care but someone out there is looking to do more damage

Have a banter brigade twitter? Problem?

Could be worse, could be Bob Denver.

snip

That's my point, I'm not saying it truly is the banter brigade but this could cause more problems imposters can do alot of damage

Could be worst, Could be Johnny Denver. :D

This really, should not even be discussed. It was way deeper than that.

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

To be honest I think Rolle wanted a line drawing under this along with most of the community, bringing it up again isn't the greatest idea. I suggest that you PM an Admin or Rolle if you want to discuss this further. Inevitably this thread will turn into a back and forth of those who agreed or disagreed with Rolle's decision.

I think that you would find that the majority of people are not happy about anyone getting permed, so I'm not sure where you get this from. I can guarantee that the OP of the report isn't happy this has happened, there are no winners in reports. Simply put the people involved put this community into disrepute ultimately leading to their punishment. End of story.

As Rolle said, lets just get back to playing DayZRP and having fun.

I'm gonna take your suggestion and close this thread...since in fact it'll probably turn into a clusterfuck, just know that I was not talking about the report maker, and that I know of a lot of people happy about them getting perma for a fact, could a mod close this please?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

snip

That's my point, I'm not saying it truly is the banter brigade but this could cus more problems imposters can do alot of damage

Well if it causes a problem, then it causes a problem... and will most likely be dealt with when the time comes.

I didn't make it, nor do I know who did. Besides that's been made recently and hasn't even said anything. Probably made by someone who wants to keep up on things and wanted to not give away his/her own private twitter

anyway this is my last post regarding this, I don't want anymore to do with it all