Server time: 2017-10-17, 05:45
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Handcuffing suddenly a valid iniation?

Question

Harry    18

Refering to this report: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-RDM-Bad-Initiation

In this report the handcuffing seems to be a valid iniation. However i remember this beign bad rp. And beign a invalid iniation. This is a rp community. So my question is why is this suddenly allowed? Shouldnt you rp this out instead of randomly handcuffing some one?

11 answers to this question

That's what happens when the staff changes, no continuity in verdicts and what is considered valid or not. I also remember it being a non-valid initiation and bad RP.

Rolle    2926

I don't think that's how it is supposed to work...

Checking it with GMs.

TLake    23

I don't think walking up to someone and handcuffing them is a good way to initiate. It's forcing them into something sure I think we all have handcuffed a group mate for fun when they afk, but doing that as an initiation isn't right.

Husky    0

Uhhm what?

I'm pretty sure this has been a rulebreak, considered RP or at least somewhat abuse of game mechanics in the past, I have a hard time seeing how you would surprise tie someone up with either handcuffs, rope or duct tape, I really hope this is getting looked into because there's no way we should allow this as a valid initiation.

Darion    150

Handcuffing is not a Valid inanition at all IMO , it gives no demand or consequence and does not lead to very productive RP

So I would also see this as Bad RP and Invalid initiation

Hatch    0

Realistically the victim would be able to move his hands away, but on DayZ it doesn't work like that. This is why it's BadRP unless it's in an acceptable scenario/position.

Husky    0

Realistically the victim would be able to move his hands away, but on DayZ it doesn't work like that. This is why it's BadRP unless it's in an acceptable scenario/position.

Unless we should start RP'ing out everyone's got their arms/wrists glued together ready to get handcuffed :D

But you're right, 100%.

Harry    18

Thanks for the responses everyone i think the report should be fixed soon. Its kinda funny to see that i know the rules better than certain staff members trough :troll:

/bad joke

Darion    150

Thanks for the responses everyone i think the report should be fixed soon. Its kinda funny to see that i know the rules better than certain staff members trough :troll:

People are human and make mistakes lol

AndreyQ    0

Handcuffing someone is not a valid initiation.Not only it can be seen as BadRP but as powergaming too.Handcuffing is considered a hostile act, so as a result it grants KoS rights to the victim.However, it does not grant any sort of KoS rights to the taker/s as it is not a legit way of initiation.

We apologize for the confusion, however the the outcome of the report will remain the same.

As you got your answer I'll be marking this as /solved.