Server time: 2017-08-17, 10:01

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doug Quade

In Defense of Asoix

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

So I saw the thread where the usual suspects were all given warnings, but then I saw that Asoix was also given a final warning.

Sorry to say guys, but I think that is complete bullshit.  These people have been a problem long before Asoix decided to stand up for himself and carefully document all these issues.  If anyone should be given final warnings, it should be you people in Staff that allowed the Banter Brigade's shit behavior to continue for as long as it did. Those types of personalities are a cancer in a friendly community like this, and clearly cause nothing but problems, as they continue to go off and on final warning over the course of their time here. 

The verdict towards Asoix is complete hypocrisy and should be reversed as he did nothing wrong.  

It was YOUR actions towards the Banter Brigade, that damaged the community, not Asoix's actions. 

I am sure this will get closed/deleted, or I will get perm banned for this, but you guys really need to look within and not without on this one as the community members are not the problem this time........

It is time someone called you out on this issue Rolle.

He should have followed procedures and PM'd the whole thing to Rolle instead of causing an unneeded uproar.

This thread is also unneeded, Rolle said the verdict was final and no appeals are allowed.

This whole situation needs to end as it's already gotten far too out of hand.

Rolle    2440

You could stop trying to blame the "banter brigade" for every single bad thing that has happened to this community and realize that everyone, not just them need to be held responsible for their actions. You don't have to agree with me, but I want you to respect my decision. We have talked to Asoix and he has said that he understood our PoV, what he did wrong and why he was warned.

And of course this will be closed, your post is not productive, just bashing people who you don't like and ignoring the wrongdoings of the people you do.

TLake    23

I'm going to play devils advocate even though I fully support Asoix and his actions.

The whole way this all went down put people in the spotlight and it lead to a drawn out flame-war both in posts and PM. If he had just taken it to Rolle it would have been dealt with in silence and after the fact everyone could have been told about the situation. Now revealing it this way did force Rolle's hand and he had to drop the hammer really hard on everyone. Some of those final warnings wouldn't have happened if this had been done in private.

On the other hand smashing Asoix like this kinda sets the example that you can't fight corruption within the community without being punished for it. Sometimes people need to be put on blast for their actions I don't think Asoix final warning is the right punishment. I'm not the boss around here but just my 2cents.