Server time: 2017-08-20, 17:32

Sign in to follow this  
EpicShipshock

Where is everybody?

Question

3 hours of running from town to town with 30 players in the server and I didn't find a single soul (alive anyways).

We're can I find people? Anybody? Even the chedaki.

I was looking forward to RPing today but couldn't find anyone and now I gotta wait another day.

18 answers to this question

The hotspot area as of now is probably Dolina. If not, try the main areas such as Novy, Stary, Vybor. Maybe even Green mountain if you're brave ;)

As of right now, I think the servers are pretty quiet due to there 'potentially' being an update to DayZ 0.58 and there will be a character wipe in the upcoming hours.

The hotspot area as of now is probably Dolina. If not, try the main areas such as Novy, Stary, Vybor. Maybe even Green mountain if you're brave ;)

As of right now, I think the servers are pretty quiet due to there 'potentially' being an update to DayZ 0.58 and there will be a character wipe in the upcoming hours.

What goes on at green mountain? Chedaki

What goes on at green mountain? Chedaki

Chedaki have been there a couple of times. Not sure anymore :P But yeah, usually quite a few people go up to Green Mountain to look for roleplay. Not so much now a days, but when I went up there earlier today I met a couple of guys.

Ark    202

try finding out in game its always better to just randomly find someone then to look at the forums and go oh people are here now. It just makes the game dull imo to find stuff out via the forums that you should find out in game.

There is going to be maintenance tonight, along with a possible wipe. So I guess people just don't really feel like playing. DayZ server should be going down within the next hour.

It's a generic answer, but I feel it is always fulfilling to find people in-game and learning everything on an IC basic.

If you're having trouble, you can always just resort to the Radio Chatter threads found here. Post in there asking where you can find people and hopefully you'll get an answer.

Also, stated above are plenty of hot spots in which people RP at and hang around.

/Marked as Solved - Left open for discussion

Samaritan    253

I know it can be frustrating sometimes but always try to find the hotspots while in game as it is more realistic or use the radio chatter thread to find people. It is much more rewarding to do things this way as sometimes the RP can feel forced if you find out OOC'ly. You have to look at it as what might happen in an apocalypse, as in you could be walking for hours without seeing someone. Random encounters are so much better as it feels more 'real'. I'm sure without being told you can think of areas that might be more populated. You have to ask yourself that if it was a real apocalypse where would be go?

Best of luck finding people.

Robbin    0

3 hours of running from town to town with 30 players in the server and I didn't find a single soul (alive anyways).

I was looking forward to RPing today but couldn't find anyone and now I gotta wait another day.

Also, what's the reason you want to find the chedaki? You seem to refer to them a lot?

they are all hiding, alt tabbed playing this   

agar.io/?ip=ts.dayzrp.com:8080

Hyborith    0

Looking for Party, Not to be confused with Looking for Group...

Would probably help the lone wolfs. might see if something can be arranged.

Also, what's the reason you want to find the chedaki? You seem to refer to them a lot?

I do? They just seem to be the cause of most problems. The only communication I've had with them is husky. And it was via the forums.

Chris    61

try finding out in game its always better to just randomly find someone then to look at the forums and go oh people are here now. It just makes the game dull imo to find stuff out via the forums that you should find out in game.

I know that might give the most authentic experience, but after night after night of wandering, I don't see the issue with getting a nudge in the right direction on the forums.  and this is coming from the numba one lonewolf 4 lyfe.  Sometimes you just want to RP and have limited time, ya know?

I know that might give the most authentic experience, but after night after night of wandering, I don't see the issue with getting a nudge in the right direction on the forums.  and this is coming from the numba one lonewolf 4 lyfe.  Sometimes you just want to RP and have limited time, ya know?

Exactly, I'm working til 8pm and go to sleep and midnight, I would like to spend those 3 or 4 hours doing something and not wasting time.

Hyborith    0

In Auld yee olde days, back in the Dayz Mod we had Trade Post. offically it was for trading without fear of beinging initiated on. But the place got trolled hard. eventually people started dying due to helicopters kamikazi'ing the place.

Then Puff. it was removed.

Currently, tho i've not been to it. Green Mountain has become the RP hotspot. but it is also a great place to raid as a bandit. so its all random chance to meet people, unless your willing to risk GM...

There is also Dolina, but from what i suspect. that place can be twitchy as well.

Andy123    0

Holidays too. Schools breaking up, peepz going on holiday. Late night is the best time for a packed server

Andy123    0

Holidays too. Schools breaking up, peepz going on holiday. Late night is the best time for a packed server

I don't understand what your trying to say.

neither do i most of the time.