Server time: 2017-10-19, 22:00
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Hyborith

Another Funny Concept...The Running Man

Hyborith    0

Posted in General Discussion for exactly that. to open up discussion on what is written.

So, i tested out trying to survive without a backpack. it is very much do-able but does mean you will be on the move constantly...leading to this.

Currently the map is very large and will probably only get larger. so like the fishing concept i was thinking of how to legitimise a nice competition. currently my Fishing competition idea i will need to test out.

I present to you. A Running Rally. the concept is simple. You strip off all your gear. except for shoes... and follow the designated map. Now to make sure the event legal, here comes the kicker. you must record your attempt to run in the challenge.... Take note this may lead to a massive sized Video. Or if any of the community is willing they could run alongside you as witness to your Rally Attempt, "Preference that they record your attempt in your stead".

Now for the really funny side. since you will be stripped except for Shoes. you will have to find clothing, food and water. but be highly aware. Your on the clock!.

and if thats not enough pressure. it seems the Bandits have been alerted to some highspeedsters charging across their territory. (Relay maps are publicly Posted.)

Alas ya have to have the picture by now. so toss up opinions... same as any other event. if general discussion finds it entertaining an idea, then i may escalate this to an Actual Event via the correct Thread.

Additional: Reason for Vidio footage of your event is to prove you legitimately followed the Rally Course, Depending on the design of the Rally Map, Shortcuts maybe avalable. but may carry greater dangers.

Kaplyn    0

I survived last patch without a backback, hunting is the answer. All you really need is a knife and you can do it.

This seems like an event that would happen in the "mod days". Think about, what RP reasons would there be for dozens of people running around stripped naked (at first) running to some designated area? Most events nowadays in SA have RP behind it, like someones Funeral, etc. It would be cool and fun to see...but I think there needs to be RP behind it. This is straight out just a competition. Needs a story behind it I think. Don't mean to dish on your idea though.

Hyborith    0

This seems like an event that would happen in the "mod days". Think about, what RP reasons would there be for dozens of people running around stripped naked (at first) running to some designated area? Most events nowadays in SA have RP behind it, like someones Funeral, etc. It would be cool and fun to see...but I think there needs to be RP behind it. This is straight out just a competition. Needs a story behind it I think. Don't mean to dish on your idea though.

Anyone will do anything if the reward is favourable. Even in a post world. but yeaa. the mod days would have been good for this sort of thing.

Alas its good to see opinions. its why i sometimes post up theses ideas. never know one might click right or not. better to test the waters than never swim at all haha.

-snip-

Anyone will do anything if the reward is favourable. Even in a post world. but yeaa. the mod days would have been good for this sort of thing.

Alas its good to see opinions. its why i sometimes post up theses ideas. never know one might click right or not. better to test the waters than never swim at all haha.

Just needs some work, that's all. I'm sure this could be something great. If you're really willing to go on with this idea, maybe take some time and create a story to go along with it. Maybe you could RP that a helicopter is making a small rescue trip, and can only take x amount of people, in y amount of time. Or perhaps a truck would be a little more realistic as the dayz gods haven't blessed us with a helicopter...yet. Just needs some brain storming ;)

cakey    14

lets up the odds .. survive with nothing but a knife.. might be hard but rewarding and fun maybe.. use the knife to open cans of food you find and drink from wells. up to the challenge haha.

cakey    14

lets up the odds .. survive with nothing but a knife.. might be hard but rewarding and fun maybe.. use the knife to open cans of food you find and drink from wells. up to the challenge haha.