Server time: 2017-08-24, 06:58

Sign in to follow this  
ItzThatcher

A Bounty from Mr. Million (All frequencies)

ItzThatcher    42

**A person calmly attaches some voice changers to their radio on their desk. This makes the voice sound like a man's/woman's voice. Picking up the transmitter, they clear their throat.**

*Presses the transmission button.*

"Hello to all and to all hello.... Some may know of me, some may have even conversed with me. And a very.... very few have met me. All in all, this goes to all who listen....... I have a bounty. The reward..... a favor from a powerful man.... A man I respect. The bounty....... A woman by the name of Alek Belokov. One favor dead..... two alive. Mind you all.... this man I respect..... he has many upon many connections. So if you need something important.... he can get it. So..... I shall repeat again to those who just joined. A powerful man's favor for one Alek Belokov dead..... two for her alive. Mr. Million out."

*Releases the transmission button.*

TEazy97    8

- Radio is turned on and a few words are heard - 

Mr.Million? How far is your head up your own ass? You know tha......

- The radio cuts up as it is dropped down a cliff side and is found shattered at the bottom - 

Jack the Ripper    252

*Ivan brushes the dust off his new radio, a relic of the old world found in a police car. I switches it on to test its efficiency, rotating a dial back and forth, trying to establish a connection to the primary frequencies. The message from a 'Mr Million' is the first this he hears. He allows the man to finish speaking, taking in every word. A sneer begins to curl on Ivan's face as he spits out a wad of blood. He takes his antibiotics before holding down the talk button*

"A favor from a powerful man? Do you even know what power is these days? Of course you don't, otherwise you would not be offering up such petty things. Money, influence, connections, security... None of it means anything anymore.

The only power anyone has, is their wit, reflexes, and the gun in their hands: 

The power between life and death.

If I put a bullet in your mans head, he looses all power he thinks he may have. 

What favors can anyone grant in times like these? Supplies? Hah. You'll be robbed of them within a week. Perhaps a hit out on somebody? Good luck finding the person they want dead in this shithole, with no internet, no addresses, no aliases to go on. The only 'favor' that anyone can give, is knowledge of the world, how to survive it. Trust me.... your man doesn't know shit.

A few weeks ago, I held up a man who thought he was powerful, thought he was something higher than the rest of us. I quickly showed him the error of his thinking. I carved his back, let him know that even though he may think he had power, I had his life in MY hands.

Today I was held up myself, and I knew that these people had power over me. They could have done anything, but they chose to let me go, alive and unscathed.

It's the decisions we make that define who has power, strength, and who doesn't.

Oh and by the way, if there is somebody you're after, go find them yourself, and don't expect others to do your dirty work for you.

Nice talking to you, Mr Million. If you me to further 'educate' you, give Ivan Lynch a call. I'll be waiting."

*Ivan flicks off the radio, satisfied that it still works.*

ItzThatcher    42

**A person who was keeping this particular frequency up heard the two men who responded to them. They raised their eyebrow on the last one. "So.... this is the man known as Ivan Lynch Hmmmm....." thought the person as they spun around in there seat. They listened to the man's advice and probably an insult as well. After a few moments of thought, the person slid back over to their desk and started attaching a few voice changers. The voice would now sound like a man's/woman's voice.**

"So.... you are Mr. Lynch Hmmmm.... Very interesting sir. And I agree with you whole heartedly that the only power these days is the power of LIFE! and the power of DEATH! But, that is yours and mine personal opinions Mr. Lynch. Some others think differently as to what actual power is..... thus the point of being human. So, while it may seem I do not know actual power, I am mainly appealing the public for which I wish to draw help from. I am a busy man, and I have many things to do. So this is what I could think of Mr. Lynch. And as an answer to your last request..... if you like to philosophize ideals.... I would be more than happy too. Mr. Million out."

*Releases the transmission button*

**The person sighs as the push back from the desk and over to a filing cabinet. Pulling out a few files, they roll back over to the desk and lay them there. Picking up a mug of coffee, the unfold the first one and begin reading.**

ItzThatcher    42

**Mr. Million was sitting in their bunker, thinking of the decision they were going to make, and who all were going to come after them. They sighed in frustration, before getting up and pacing. They continued this for the next 15 minutes of silent thinking. Then they sighed again in disappointment, before walking over to the radio. Calmly placing some voice changers on the radio, making it sound like a man's/woman's voice, they brought the transmitter to their mouth.**

"Seeing as how this bounty has received no attention nor even any word, I will just have to assume that no one is interest. But that is not the reason I am removing this bounty. Why I am doing this is another reason entirely, and if you wish to listen, well keep your ears open and your radios on. Anyways, the bounty on Alek Belokov is officially rescinded. To the lady herself, I understand that you must feel angry and wanting me dead, and I can understand this, but in the end, it was all just business. Mr. Million out."

*Releases the transmission button.*