Server time: 2017-08-22, 17:01

Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Page

Revolution of fun

Jacob Page    26

Hello ladies and gentleman, my name is Jacob most know me by the name of sausage and there's some things i feel like need to be said.

Numero uno. Wouldn't it be amazing if people stopped trying so hard to get people banned? or trying to get someone else in the community in trouble. Im not saying all bans and reports are not valid there are rules and if they are broken then there needs to be a punishment. What I am talking about is on the forums and in team speak people are starting to become very snake like on each over  to get people in trouble... I don't see what this achieves at all you get someone removed from a community for a short while or permanently, what satisfaction do you get from that?  Apart from ruining someone else's day.

Number two. This whole massive talk of staff corruption and a revolution is absolutely fucking ridiculous. This inst a country's government this is a gaming community with some volunteer staff. So what exactly is there to revolt about? Nothing. There is nothing to revolt about because anything that happens in this community does not affect you in real life this is the internet you can always turn it off and walk away. Oh and back to staff they are volunteers they are not paid professionals, believe it or not they are people like you and me and they fuck up just like you and I do from time to time so don't penalise them for it.

And last but not least. Fun if you have not come here to have fun then why are you hear? And when i say fun i don't just mean for yourself but to make things fun for everyone. I see alot in reports "it ruined my RP experience" well Im sorry you feel that way but what if the people on the other end had an amazing RP experience? Sometimes you have to make some sacrifices sometimes it can be more fun to make the RP experience better for someone else rather than yourself. Any way I just want to have fun and I know alot of other people do. So stop taking shit so seriously and enjoy yourselves.

Hello ladies and gentleman, my name is Jacob most know me by the name of sausage and there's some things i feel like need to be said.

Numero uno. Wouldn't it be amazing if people stopped trying so hard to get people banned? or trying to get someone else in the community in trouble. Im not saying all bans and reports are not valid there are rules and if they are broken then there needs to be a punishment. What I am talking about is on the forums and in team speak people are starting to become very snake like on each over  to get people in trouble... I don't see what this achieves at all you get someone removed from a community for a short while or permanently, what satisfaction do you get from that?  Apart from ruining someone else's day.

Number two. This whole massive talk of staff corruption and a revolution is absolutely fucking ridiculous. This inst a country's government this is a gaming community with some volunteer staff. So what exactly is there to revolt about? Nothing. There is nothing to revolt about because anything that happens in this community does not affect you in real life this is the internet you can always turn it off and walk away. Oh and back to staff they are volunteers they are not paid professionals, believe it or not they are people like you and me and they fuck up just like you and I do from time to time so don't penalise them for it.

And last but not least. Fun if you have not come here to have fun then why are you hear? And when i say fun i don't just mean for yourself but to make things fun for everyone. I see alot in reports "it ruined my RP experience" well Im sorry you feel that way but what if the people on the other end had an amazing RP experience? Sometimes you have to make some sacrifices sometimes it can be more fun to make the RP experience better for someone else rather than yourself. Any way I just want to have fun and I know alot of other people do. So stop taking shit so seriously and enjoy yourselves.

I totally agree with everything you are saying here. I have been saying this for a long time now, #ItsJustPixels....being in staff is not a job, they don't get paid...its volunteer work, THATS IT. I play here to have fun and get away from the stress of IRL, not to come here and see all this political bullshit...its not that serious people, stop making it bigger then what it is...just have fun. And even with staff, stop letting a pretty color and badge go to your head, as said you volunteered to do this...#LetThatSinkIn

Preach it brother. About time someone said something.

Hateincoming

Sausage dropping truth bombs.

Please for the love of all that's holy, heed this advice and stop trying to be an edgy prick.

If everyone followed the rules and acted respectfully towards each others we wouldn't have so much problems.

I think some people should look at them selfs and see what they gain from certain actions that they do, is it for their own enjoyment that effects other people negatively? Then maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

Respect of people and rules, we are all some what mature people here, let's try acting like it.

If you have a problem with someone, then stay away from that person or bring it up with them trying to resolve it in a mature way.

All of this shouldn't be that hard, but when a big group of people get together there are going to be conflicting personalities, there's no way around that, what we can do is to look at our selfs so we can improve this community together.

Because in the end, aren't we all here to have fun and enjoy our selfs?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Number two. This whole massive talk of staff corruption and a revolution is absolutely fucking ridiculous. This inst a country's government this is a gaming community with some volunteer staff. So what exactly is there to revolt about? Nothing.

It's really interesting to see how far people are going right now to expose "staff corruption", and to push "revolution".

This community can become really fucking edgy sometimes.

I agree with what has been said here. Some people, I noticed, tend to get a little wrapped up in the story of their characters, that they tend to think any deviation from the way they want their story to go is time wasted and not enjoyed. We all seek to make a fun world where people can enjoy their time and all that jazz. Don't get me wrong, it is more than fun to get caught up with how your character is progressing in the world, but don't let one event be the buzzkill of your day.

Tamaster92    14

if only people actually treated staff like volunteers and people hm?

Jacob Page    26

Number two. This whole massive talk of staff corruption and a revolution is absolutely fucking ridiculous. This inst a country's government this is a gaming community with some volunteer staff. So what exactly is there to revolt about? Nothing.

It's really interesting to see how far people are going right now to expose "staff corruption", and to push "revolution".

Not a matter of being edgy its pathetic this isn't the search for the Templars lost gold there is no conspiracy to back it.

Im sorry I don't understand if you wouldn't mind elaborating that would be swell?

+1 this thread. People are taking ooc hate to a whole new dimension plain. To be honest the whole thing is actually comical.

I really hope that when someone is insulted, they don't take it seriously. But it seems a lot of people have an alternative motive

Tamaster92    14

Not a matter of being edgy its pathetic this isn't the search for the Templars lost gold there is no conspiracy to back it.

Im sorry I don't understand if you wouldn't mind elaborating that would be swell?

Too much to explain here but, example -

I know of multiple staff, myself included who have recieved death threats from community members

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

+1, Way too many snakes around right now, couldn't agree more especially with the so called "staff corruption" part; this is a fucking game community for heaven's sake, and don't get me wrong, I do take it seriously, But starting to talk about corruption and things of that sort is just ridiculous.

Heroz_Nick    21

The gaming world is a lot like the real world.. not the best thing to say, but knowing me I am known for quoting a lot :>

Jacob Page    26

The gaming world is a lot like the real world.. not the best thing to say, but knowing me I am known for quoting a lot :>

Wait what?

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

Referring to the whole fun part, I think some people need to be a bit more self aware and realize DayZRP is not their private entertainment session. The community is not here at the behest of any single person. We are a community of thousands, and while of course we are all here to have fun, some people take on this mentality that "Since Im having fun with what Im doing everyone around me has to have fun with it too". What you find funny might be offensive or annoying to others.

If people were just a bit more self aware and realized they are part of a collective, we could all have a lot of fun and have 0 issues. Unfortunately there have always been people in this community who see themselves more important than others and thus think the rest of us need to be accepting of their disruptive behaviour.

EDIT: I have to agree with the fact that some people take themselves a tad too seriously and can be overly dramatic. After all, it's just a game.

Heroz_Nick    21

Wait what?

Hassan    384

Mr. Jacob or shall I call you Sausage...you're so intelligent, when I grow up I want to be just like you.

For realz tho I think everyone should just chill out and play for the reason we all started, to have fun.

Dogmeat    7

Viva la revolution of sunshine and happiness for everyone. On the real I feel that a lot more people need to relax a bit and enjoy this community a lot more. Now I am not saying no reports but still, people need to lighten up and stop targeting each other. I stopped playing for a while and this was the reason. People target each other and I am disgusted by it.

#JacobPageForAdmin

Sausage King preach on brother. I love the videos. They show certain staff members can banter. And that's the extent of the evidence. It's really rather laughable.

Dougie    23

Amen fam. This shit is getting ridiculous, when people take time out of their day to investigate and spy on other people it's pretty sad. Disappointed in a lot of what has been going on lately

So.... Is it okay to constantly bully someone in the community?  Because I recall myself given warning points for that exact reason, when it wasn't even repeated harassment.  Not to mention I was given constant hate for my criticism by the community.  Now I am seeing repeated harassment and everyone is okay with it.  Some fine logic here.  It is just a gaming community, but try to make it a fair and equal one for Christ's sake.

Vaine    23

Good on you sausage.

Frankly im bored with all the threads popping up due to recent events.People who just want to stir the pot so to speak.

If you have such issue and disagreement with how the community is then please pop on your bike and do one , rather than being that irritating background noise floating about.

No one is keeping you here

So.... Is it okay to constantly bully someone in the community?  Because I recall myself given warning points for that exact reason, when it wasn't even repeated harassment.  Not to mention I was given constant hate for my criticism by the community.  Now I am seeing repeated harassment and everyone is okay with it.  Some fine logic here.  It is just a gaming community, but try to make it a fair and equal one for Christ's sake.

Bullying?!?! Are we back in third grade? If you have a problem with what someone is saying ask them to stop or just ignore them. As said this is a large community and there will people that just flat out dont get along with each other. So you know what you do? Avoid them if you have that much of a problem. Everyone act like a angel around here but everyone talks shit about other people. EVERYONE dont lie to yourself. This is not a bad thing it is a way to relive stress and move on. Tell each other to fuck off, have a fight, And then go get a beer afterwards with the person and have a good laugh about it. Rugby games are a amazing example of this. During the game you are cussing, fighting, doing whatever you can do to win but afterwards everyone goes and gets drunk  has a good time and goes on with life. Someone is always going to feel like they are getting the short side of the stick and that is just life.

If you have such issue and disagreement with how the community is then please pop on your bike and do one , rather than being that irritating background noise floating about.

No one is keeping you here

I see your point but many members have been in this community for a while and they take it to heart when something seems to be going wrong with it. When you invest time with people you think to be friends, doing something you all enjoy and then this environment is threatened, you want to ask questions and take action. You can't just walk away and pretend like nothing ever happened, if you do you're just a heartless person who never really cared in the first place. Obviously the members who stuck here for over a year and more care, and want to mend whatever is currently tearing this community apart. If you were in a relationship with a loved one for over a year and then suddenly it felt wrong, would you ask questions and try to understand what is happening or would you just break up and walk away like it never happened?