Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:11
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Major

Seriously?!?

Doc    3

giphy.gif

If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny...

Times are certainly changing here in the United States.

Major    629

First mistake.....Fox news. It's the debil.

And CNN or MSNBC or any other mainstream news network is right or wrong? The issue here concerns free speech, not left or right, which are merely titles that we use to divide ourselves.

http://nypost.com/2015/07/31/tcu-student-disciplined-over-online-comments/

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Gotta agree with Thumper. I would recommend a real news channel. Not Faux News.  Best one that is as close to unbiased as you can get is , PBS. 

All that article proves is that freedom of speech is a double edged sword. Say whatever you want but be prepared for the backlash.It is very naive to complain when people have a problem with what a person said. That is also their freedom of speech. If anyone can not see the bigotry of that kids words, then that personis part of the problem :)

Thumper    0

Keep in mind that the Constitution of the United States of America does not afford any citizen any rights. It only limits the rights of the government. So, you do not have the right of free speech. Only that the federal government will not infringe upon that right under certain circumstances.

Heroz_Nick    21

Do yourself a favor and make your own news and dont digest everything they say. simple words

Glenn    10

It is just sad that in such a big country the news can be that fucked up...

Freedom, but you can only do what we say is right - The American Government.

Major    629

Thank you guys for posting your opinions here. Just wanted to hear what some other folks thought about it, figured it is better to gain perspective on something rather than relying on my own limited understanding.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

That interview was so scripted as well.  Fox news, is awful and it is funny how they try to make it look like news, however, it is the same message over and over. Just packaged slightly different.

Major    629

That interview was so scripted as well.  Fox news, is awful and it is funny how they try to make it look like news, however, it is the same message over and over. Just packaged slightly different.

Yeah I can't stand most anything any mainstream source spouts out. Like you said it is all just packaged differently in various news outlets, given a ultra left or right spin then disguised as thoughtful insight or investigative journalism. Entertainment masquerading as news.

Sin    127

The government has nothing to do with this. The jerk mouthed off in public, and the private university he attends decided they no longer wanted anything to do with him, so they severed ties. He has no right to access that university: it's a privilege; one which he will no longer enjoy. It's not as if there aren't a thousand others to choose from.

I'll bet that when he signed up for that university he agreed to certain conditions, including that he could be expelled for public misconduct. This is a ridiculous tempest in a teapot.

[disclaimer] - I find both 'Christian' universities and entitled right wing proto-fascists repulsive, and have no association with either.

Vic    0
He also used the word “beaner” a derogatory term to describe Mexicans.

Well fuck this kid. Talk shit get hit amirite.

Thumper    0

Word.

Major    629

Word.

A very good example of why not to use words you don't know the meaning of.

Vic    0

A very good example of why not to use words you don't know the meaning of.

He knew what he meant when he said it. you could tell the kids bullshiting. He just trying to seem innocent so he doesn't seem like a bad guy in the situation.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

So it was the University that punished him?

Then they can do as they please. Can't really use "freedom of speech" as an excuse.

urite

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Absolutely right.  All that interview showed me was,  a whiny kid that talked a ton of shit, got wrecked in the public eye, and now Faux news is saying there, there,  us bigots over here at Fox agree with your bigoted views, and believe that anyone who doesn't agree with us , is against the US Constitution !  That Faux News logic doe !!

Jimmy!    0

Urite

Scooter    51

In all honesty, this kid is wrong for what he said in terms of derogatory statements, but in all honesty, I am really tired of seeing shit like this being publicized when other things aren't even if it is the flip side of the situation.

People in Detroit/LA/NYC/Chicago kill each other everyday and it isn't publicized, American troops can die by hundreds fighting for the people back home but that rarely gets any news anymore, but as soon as some white kid does something everyone considers politically incorrect, the media goes mad and publishes it instantly. It makes me sick that our soldiers who fight and die for us overseas, will get less publication than someone who got a little mouthy in a Facebook post because it is politically incorrect

Thumper    0

That's because racism sells. Racism is sponsored by the media to sell. You never hear about a black cop shooting a black suspect do you? No. Cause as soon as a white cop shoots a black suspect they can tag 'race' to it.

Franz    0

"All it took was 140 characters for Texas Christian University to suspend a conservative student who posted a series of social networking posts that insulted the Islamic State, the Baltimore rioters and Mexicans."

Saying “This is clearly not a religion of peace.” doesn't critizice the Islamic State, Fox News, it discriminates over 1.8 billion people, while all islamic terrorist groups don't even add up to 1% of that number. And half of the members of Islamic State probably don't even know what's written in the Quran, why else would they run around with copies of "Islam for dummies"?

But since that seems alright I guess I can also say something like:"Is this your definition of 'love your neighbour as yourself'?" when a christian blows up an abortion clinic or a christian terrorist group kills dozens of muslims in Africa.

"The 19-year-old, who is a member of the College Republicans and the Young Americans for Freedom, said he was told by the university that his conservative views were “inappropriate.”

"It sounds to me like Harry Vincent is guilty of being a Christian Conservative white guy – and on a university campus that’s a crime worthy of death penalty."

Nice try at playing the victim card Fox News, but last time I checked calling a Mexican a "beaner" or discriminating against a religion weren't christian, nor conservative goals. In fact, the founding fathers would probably start rotating in their graves if they knew, that some of the inhabitants of the country they founded, discriminated others merely because they were born in a different country or are of a different believe, when they themselves had to flee to America from a different country after being persecuted because of their religion.

What concerns me more than the dumb twit going around calling mexicans "beaners" (about the only real offensive thing he seemed to have spouted in his twittering rant I got from this article) is the fact that these lynchmobs often formed on social medias have this unprecedented power to which every institution nowadays seems to try and bend over backwards for. It isn't even exclusive to America, most of the first world is suffering from this terrible new disease which often leads in something small (and best handled in a less lynching manner) becoming a huge public execution.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not terrible inclined to side with the dipstick that goes online spouting his dumb opinions and poor choice of words on twitter and not expect some people to get triggered over it, but the fact that one person who is offended by it can whip up a stormfront of social justice scares me to no end. It doesn't solve anything, if only, it makes most people dig their heels in the sand and become even more stuck in their opinions because "they proved him right."

He's not in the right, but neither is the other side for handling it in such a way.

Franz    0

In all honesty, this kid is wrong for what he said in terms of derogatory statements, but in all honesty, I am really tired of seeing shit like this being publicized when other things aren't even if it is the flip side of the situation.

People in Detroit/LA/NYC/Chicago kill each other everyday and it isn't publicized, American troops can die by hundreds fighting for the people back home but that rarely gets any news anymore, but as soon as some white kid does something everyone considers politically incorrect, the media goes mad and publishes it instantly. It makes me sick that our soldiers who fight and die for us overseas, will get less publication than someone who got a little mouthy in a Facebook post because it is politically incorrect

Like Thumper said, racism sells, that's why every newspaper publishes at least 5 articles on the same incident whenever something is done to a black person.