Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:07

Sign in to follow this  
Shanoby

Is this troll radio chatter thread or not?

Shanoby    36

Im sorry if I have misunderstood something, but at first glance this thread leaves me with a feeling that I need to report this. Nothing against any of these people, the OP or responders. I just do not see any RP value or a good example out of this thread for newcommers or rest of the community.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-You-hear-static

It starts with OP:

Untitled1.png

Ok, nothing uncommon or rulebreaky about it, it just does not imo. generate any RP unless these people are right next to him whitnessing the event or something. Cos transmission gives you nothing , except static. So thats fine, I guess.

Now after this, starting from the third response, 10-15 people respond to this in culmination of destroying their radios and some of them in rediculous manners. Like: smashing their radio on to someones head, sledgehammers, shooting it up, throwing it into the ocean, eating the pices of radios they smashed, RPG-7...

Can't you just respond to it normaly, ignore it or turn radio off, are radios in infinite supply?

I ask WTH? Is radio chatter suppose to be taken serious or not?

Untitled2.png

Answer should be here but it seems in this case, if these are strictly IC posts and are not also suppose to be taken serious at the same time, where is the line of seriousness and troll or bad RP?

I also asked a CH and GM about it, they thought it to be just a wee bit of fun and nothing serious, but promised to bring it up to staff.

What does community think of this, might this thread encourage trolling or bad RP?

Do you think radio chatter should be taken serious IC chat or not?

NB: for some reason I personally was in a bit disbelief when I read this thread, I thought it to be serious IC thread section.

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

I honestly don't see anything particularly wrong with this thread... I've answer myself to the annoying static sound.

Yes, there are indeed some ridiculous reactions, but nothing worth a report imo, actually, I found interesting seeing how everybody RPed out getting caught suddenly by that sound, and the effects it had on them.

Shanoby    36

I honestly don't see anything particularly wrong with this thread... I've answer myself to the annoying static sound.

Yes, there are indeed some ridiculous reactions, but nothing worth a report imo, actually, I found interesting seeing how everybody RPed out getting caught suddenly by that sound, and the effects it had on them.

The question isn't about one mans response to static sound on radio. The question is, why are there so many people responding to, what seems to be normal static sound on radio, with such hate and in culmination of ridiculous ways of destroying their radios?

This seems more like who can top the other guy in OOC, through IC response in thread with best radio kill 2015.

See what I mean?

Brad    155

Was moved to forum games.  Have fun guys :)

Shanoby    36

Was moved to forum games.  Have fun guys :)

Thats it, no discussion or anwsers? Just move the thread and it is fine? I would like to get atleast off the records or public response to this.

Assuming staff made a collective decision.

Can't you just respond to it normaly, ignore it or turn radio off, are radios in infinite supply?

Considering nearly every single robbery in DayZRP ends with a radio being broken, I would have to imagine that yes, radios are indeed an infinite resource.

Personally, I saw nothing wrong with the thread. As most radio chatter threads, they affect you in almost no way whatsoever unless you choose to let it. So yes, we're having a bit of a laugh while keeping it all IC. I don't really see an issue with the thread in general. It wasn't entirely meant to be taken serious, as is the nature with roleplay. If we are allowed to roleplay over TeamSpeak, why are we not allowed to do so over the forums?

Also, if we're going to quote the radio chatter rules:

5. Have fun and don't take IC content too seriously!

It's a joke. People who've been following radio threads for a while get the joke. That's really all there is to it. No conspiracy, no rule-breaking, just a joke.

If it helps your immersion, consider it a secret code from a mad former king. All his mad former subjects understand the signal and respond. To the detriment of many radios.

I dont see what the problem here is?

It might be an IC thing that him and his buds do, and either way it has no impact on anyone else whatsoever.

Why do you think this is even report worthy?

There might just be a hidden meaning to it, and we simply just dont get it.

Brad    155

You were right it didn't offer much in the way of RP but was a fun thread so we moved it to the fun section, so it wouldn't cause a fuss or be deemed as trolling.

Jacob Page    26

Are people not aloud to have fun or something? I cant see how this is directly affecting you in any way shape or form.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

It does not matter.

535381399e8f0.png

Personally, I've seen this thread as a bit of healthy satire. If you've noticed, in normal radio threads there are an ubsurd amount of radios destroyed. Poking a bit of fun, now it's in forum games. No harm.

Fun is never allowed.

Poor radios.

It is just a joke, poking fun at the amount of radios broke and smashed during these transmissions. Considering the way the community is at the moment having a little fun is a nice change.

Nothing wrong with it.

Rolle    2453

I think the thread belongs better in forum games than together with other, actually meaningful radio transmissions.

Shanoby    36

I'm sorry but the more responses i get now, the less I understand this community. I see passive agressive responces and no questions anwsered.

We have rules to follow, yet now, people admit yes it was for fun and not really to be taken serious, yet others say it was serious.

Result being, the thread moved to games section cos something that I pointed out, seems to have caused that.

Yet no one else seems to have any problems with it.

If it was just for fun why not post it into off-topic in the first place, no, this was meant to be IC?!

Im not sure if I can manage to respond to all of these people right now, feels overwhelming. Everytime I have a problem I get always redirected into forums and told to go post there and then this happens.

Defend yourself against all these people while the problem must have been there, otherwise why would they move the thread?

Again, if people see no problems with it then I just do not know why I am still here. This all feels like a bad joke again or dare I say it...coverup (no acusations, just emotions and paranoia) by all the people involved.

I still got no anwser if radio chatter thread is suppose to be serious or not, as in, are all the actions and senteces actual IC (in game) doings? Is then "joking" like these people call it allowed in that extent?

NB:If I get some time to read though all the responses, gather thoughts, maybe I can make a clear overall response to all.

Jacob Page    26

I'm sorry but the more responses i get now, the less I understand this community. I see passive agressive responces and no questions anwsered.

We have rules to follow, yet now, people admit yes it was for fun and not really to be taken serious, yet others say it was serious.

Result being, the thread moved to games section cos something that I pointed out, seems to have caused that.

Yet no one else seems to have any problems with it.

If it was just for fun why not post it into off-topic in the first place, no, this was meant to be IC?!

Im not sure if I can manage to respond to all of these people right now, feels overwhelming. Everytime I have a problem I get always redirected into forums and told to go post there and then this happens.

Defend yourself against all these people while the problem must have been there, otherwise why would they move the thread?

Again, if people see no problems with it then I just do not know why I am still here. This all feels like a bad joke again or dare I say it...coverup (no acusations, just emotions and paranoia) by all the people involved.

I still got no anwser if radio chatter thread is suppose to be serious or not, as in, are all the actions and senteces actual IC (in game) doings? Is then "joking" like these people call it allowed in that extent?

NB:If I get some time to read though all the responses, gather thoughts, maybe I can make a clear overall response to all.

Or maybe you shouldn't take it so serious because it really is harmless and does not affect any in game RP

As of late I don't even know what direction this community is headed anymore

Shanoby    36

Or maybe you shouldn't take it so serious because it really is harmless and does not affect any in game RP

Oh, I am sorry that I try to have good RP that equals serious/realistic RP for me.

Radio Chatter can be taken into IC, thats all you have to take into consideration here and the problem at hand.

This does not again answer my question...

So yeah, will not respond anymore unless we deal with the question at hand.

Jacob Page    26

Oh, I am sorry that I try to have good RP that equals serious/realistic RP for me.

Radio Chatter can be taken into IC, thats all you have to take into consideration here and the problem at hand.

This does not again answer my question...

So yeah, will not respond anymore unless we deal with the question at hand.

Well if thats the case all you would hear is static your not actually gonna see people smashing up there radios as it is radio chatter so then it would just be the norm if you turned on your radio and heard static?

That radio thread has more rp then about 90% of the radio broadcast. It was nice to see something that wasn't just people having huge egos and sitting around threating each other. Joffrey made that radio broadcast for a reason. And I feel that it evolved into something amazing. Hey everyone look a radio thread that is enjoyable to read and has rp in it! Wow!

Shanoby    36

You were right it didn't offer much in the way of RP but was a fun thread so we moved it to the fun section, so it wouldn't cause a fuss or be deemed as trolling.

That radio thread has more rp then about 90% of the radio broadcast. It was nice to see something that wasn't just people having huge egos and sitting around threating each other. Joffrey made that radio broadcast for a reason. And I feel that it evolved into something amazing. Hey everyone look a radio thread that is enjoyable to read and has rp in it! Wow!

Just wanted to point out... community contradicts itself every step of the way. This is how it is at every level I feel, more and more.

And this is why I want my question to get anwsers, that are to the point. Now on prefebly from high ranking staff memeber. But if someone has good insight I'm willing to listen your points.

So it was....

Is radio chatter thread suppose to be serious or not, as in, are all the actions and senteces actual IC (in game) doings? Is then "joking" like these people call it allowed in that extent?

Also if staff is not willing to anwser or community does not want to discuss this topic anymore, then you can close it.

NB: also I'm in TS if you want to talk face to face on this topic. Personal prefrence.

Yes all actions that happen on the radio happen IG. I don't know how you are confused about this. Joffrey made this thread like I said for a reason (this reason is not mine to give out) now yes some people have a laugh but it was all done within the rule and rp'ed out. I don't even see why it was move out but if that was rolle's or the staffs wish then so be it. Chances are they just wanted to avoid what is going on right here. Well so much for that plan.