Server time: 2017-08-22, 05:36

Sign in to follow this  
Mercy

Radio Chatter...

Mercy    502

I know this may sound really picky but I have and issue. When writing a radio chatter I state if someone can recognise a voice and whatever but for some reason people mention of the name of one of my characters...

Quick suggestion.

CAN YOU PLEASE READ THE FREAKING RADIO CHATTER PROPERLY! 

Mentioning my characters name whom may not have even been apart of the radio chat means in game it could be used as false evidence for something...

And that is why i never use the name of my character in the radio chatter.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

I think if you feel a person has metagamed or done anything against the rules in radio chatter a quick PM to the person asking them to snip the post should be enough.

Oliv    1569

I know this may sound really picky but I have and issue. When writing a radio chatter I state if someone can recognise a voice and whatever but for some reason people mention of the name of one of my characters...

Quick suggestion.

CAN YOU PLEASE READ THE FREAKING RADIO CHATTER PROPERLY! 

Mentioning my characters name whom may not have even been apart of the radio chat means in game it could be used as false evidence for something...

This is why I specifically have written in my radio chatter posts that I am careful to not mention my name, or worded something similarly. My character hasn't met many people yet, they should not be able to recognize his voice.

It's essentially a form of metagamming.

Mercy    502

I'm just getting sick of seeing it repeat. In ONE radio chatter I mentioned "disorientated" voice and no name and yet somehow someone manages to mention one of my character names.

Sighhh

People will always do this type of thing, sadly we have to deal with it. Just contact the person who has done such a thing and talk it out or as CUDA said ask them to snip it.

Maybe they did it by accident you never know. But I think contacting the person and just getting that sorted out.

I think people just do it without realizing, not purposely metagaming. It's hard to ignore it and we sometimes forget that there is information ooc that we do not know ic. Like Cuda said, send them a friendly reminder through PM.

Jamie    1183

I actually noticed that on your chatter. I knew you would of gotten pissed at that because I sure as hell would've. Do what Cuda said.

Oliv    1569

Fuck what CUDA said, burn their ass to the ground!!!

I'm jk, I just wanted to go against the grain ;)

Don't worry, it could be worse. You could have my problem with radio chatter where people just seem to ignore it because it doesn't fit with what they want to do and who they want to torture and kill...

TheTrueHawk    29

Yes, the first read of the whole message, I didn't see the word "Unrecognizable" at first. This is what caused me to know who it was, but afterwards I saw this I still didn't see it until a recent read where I did in-fact see that word. Thus, I have snipped my reply due to a mistake on my side.

I'd like to also add that disorienting would not mean that the person would not be able to recognize the voice. Disorienting would simply mean confusing, we should be more careful on both sides for the fact that you kept bringing up the word disorienting, I'd recommend to use a different word that would describe a voice that we cannot recognize. But I did see the word "Unrecognizable" like I said, so in this case, I was in the wrong.

Thank you for bringing this topic up, Panic, my apologies.