Server time: 2017-08-22, 03:44

Sign in to follow this  
EpicShipshock

wait time for whitelist goes nowhere.

Question

Before I say anything I want to say the I completely understand that the DayZRP staff is low on people and things are harder to do and things are moving slower and also that the applications take a while to review but the wait time seems to be going backwards.

I applied for the whitelist 24 hours ago from now and I went from 3/29 to 13/69. It seems that the whitelist is not a priority at all. This is probably and most likely temporary. I imagine that the whitelist will become a higher priority when there is more staff but I've been waiting to apply for 6 months and when I finally am able to apply, this happens. My deepest regards to the losses of the staff, but I would like to be accepted and i'm starting to feel a little neglected.

Could I please get some information on when things might get more up and running?

~ Sincerely, Epic

Am I just being self centered? Do I just not understand the whole story?

11 answers to this question

Dogmeat    7

"As you've probably noticed the admin team has resigned from their positions in staff. Primarily it was because of my recent behavior as a community leader and my decision making.

I will let the individuals share the details about it - if they choose to they are free to do so. We parted on good terms, with no hard feelings.

It's a huge loss for the team and I wish to wholeheartedly thank the ex-admin team for all the work they have for DayZRP over (literally) the years. They've spent hundreds of hours on things to keep this community keep running, without them none of us would be here. Their work has been invaluable and it has shaped our community to the way it is now. A huge thank you!

Due to this sudden change in staff and loss of very important people some preventive measures have been taken:

- Whitelist is closed for non-donors to limit the amount of incoming applications

- GameMasters have received more freedom to handle some part of admin tasks, including ban appeals

- The entire staff team will have a meeting in the coming day(s) to discuss how we should handle this change and what to do next

- Any trolling will be dealt with more harshly - we don't have staff resources to play around and "warn" you

I will let you know what we have decided after the staff meeting and give you more information in future announcements."

---Lord Savior and high commander, the general himself, Rolle

Brad    155

Also to explain yor place in line getting bumped here is a snippet from the FAQ's

http://www.dayzrp.com/faq

Q: How long does it take to have my whitelist reviewed?

A: It is hard to say because it is determined by many factors as your forum rank, your forum activity, admin activity, length of the current queue and of course quality of your application. Depending on those waiting times can range between a few hours and multiple days.

Q: If I donate, will I have a better chance of getting accepted?

A: No, as a donor you are allowed to apply and get priority in the queue, but your application still has to meet all requirements and you have to answer all questions correctly just like non-donors. Donating does NOT guarantee being whitelisted nor does it whitelist you automatically.

Q: How will I know the result, where can I see my application status?

A: You can see your application status on the bottom of the whitelist page (where you applied). You WON'T be notified by a PM or email.

Q: Why do I keep getting moved back in the whitelist queue? For example I was 4/12, now I am 37/55?

A: It's because other people who have applied for whitelist have donated or written a longer/better application than you or are more active. The whitelist system is not first-come, first-served basis, we handle quality applications and donors first. Even though it will take longer, your application will eventually get reviewed.

Also you should have been here in January when it took a week to get whitelisted  ;) . /moving to questions

I applied after the measures were taken and there was no delay in rejecting my application but after I fixed it and resubmitted, I have no priority. And I just turned 16 a few days ago after wanting to apply 6 months ago and this just feels like a really inconvenient thing to happen JUST as I'm able to join.

And since when was the Euro worth more than the USD? When did that happen!?

Brad    155

I applied after the measures were taken and there was no delay in rejecting my application but after I fixed it and resubmitted, I have no priority. And I just turned 16 a few days ago after wanting to apply 6 months ago and this just feels like a really inconvenient thing to happen JUST as I'm able to join.

Patience my friend.  It will get looked at.  

And I'm pretty sure the Euro has been like that for years, but could be wrong.

What is Germany ' currency? The euro? Cause if it is, I'm denouncing my american citizenship and moving back to Germany if America falls.

The Euro has been worth more than the American dollar for a long time, and just very recently the American dollar has been catching up. Have you been living under a rock?

zMJ9xba.png

Well, this is going off-topic and Brad answered your questions in post #3.

If you have further questions regarding the whitelist or DayZRP in general, feel free to ask.

/solving

The Euro has been worth more than the American dollar for a long time, and just very recently the American dollar has been catching up. Have you been living under a rock?

zMJ9xba.png

I am 16 years old in America so I don't exactly do anything with euros. I think I might have known a few months back in world geography.

Are yall trying to recruit more admins?

We're always looking for dedicated community members to volunteer their time in staff. Except in special circumstances, admins are recruited from the staff pool when necessary, desired, and they have the adequate experience. Does this answer your question?

We're always looking for dedicated community members to volunteer their time in staff. Except in special circumstances, admins are recruited from the staff pool when necessary, desired, and they have the adequate experience. Does this answer your question?

Yes, thanks. And I got whitelisted too.

Yes, thanks. And I got whitelisted too.

We are happy to hear that :) Welcome in our community and enjoy your stay :)