Server time: 2017-08-18, 04:59

Sign in to follow this  
Clumsy

Notes Section

Clumsy    140

Not sure if someone already suggested this or if notes are just suppose to be similar to Radio but I always find that leaving notes a really cool way to RP, but with how unstable the game is with persistence on and then off it's hard to leave notes around for someone. That and it's near impossible to make sure that they get them to advance the RP. Handing someone a note is always a good idea but there are some things (such as confessions, love notes, and so on) that are better when found then handed to a person. It could be a really stupid idea but I think having a section for notes like we do Radio Chatter where you can post letters ICly towards a person would be a really cool addition. I know you can just do the same thing in Radio Chatter but I feel like a letter is more personal then talking over a radio. 

Boston    645

Not sure if someone already suggested this or if notes are just suppose to be similar to Radio but I always find that leaving notes a really cool way to RP, but with how unstable the game is with persistence on and then off it's hard to leave notes around for someone. That and it's near impossible to make sure that they get them to advance the RP. Handing someone a note is always a good idea but there are some things (such as confessions, love notes, and so on) that are better when found then handed to a person. It could be a really stupid idea but I think having a section for notes like we do Radio Chatter where you can post letters ICly towards a person would be a really cool addition. I know you can just do the same thing in Radio Chatter but I feel like a letter is more personal then talking over a radio. 

Pretty cool idea, yeah. But like you said, it's pretty similar to radio chatter.

Still, +1 and a yes from me.

I like this a lot actually... It's different from the radio chatter since writing a letter can be so much more personal and emotional. +1000

Notes can be posted in the lore and stories section, as they are both writing they fit into the same category

Notes can be posted in the lore and stories section, as they are both writing they fit into the same category

I think she means so that there's no OOC in the comments.

Clumsy    140

Kind of like a back and forth RP but through notes where no one else can comment on it or 'listen' in on the radio. All I see in Lore and such is character stories and bios along with a couple journals that people are writing.

Kind of like a back and forth RP but through notes where no one else can comment on it or 'listen' in on the radio. All I see in Lore and such is character stories and bios along with a couple journals that people are writing.

Ah that is a nice idea, I guess a section for this wouldn't be too bad. It allows others to view it OOC as a story and allows the participants to develop a story IC :)

Janana    28

Something that we've needed for quite a while now. Even if we did have persistence (Which we will.. hopefully), the website is better for a more permanent story development.

Hyborith    0

If you want you could try a pass the parsel test. write up a note or set up a mini-rp story. hand the note to someone. who hands it to another in a chain. in a bid to find the intended.

would be fun to see who all gets there hands on the fabled letter.

Nocheluz    104

Cool idea, but man to get those notes in game would be SO awesome. I'll be glad for persistence in that aspect.

MatthewFC    9

Cool idea, but man to get those notes in game would be SO awesome. I'll be glad for persistence in that aspect.

I think this quote says what I want to say much better than I could.

The magic about finding a note is all contained IG: finding something that someone else cared to waste his time in creating and YOU found it. If you choose so, you can pick it up and treasure it, and no one else will be able to read that particular note. You can burn it, you can deface it. When you find it, that note was made FOR YOU. It's a bonafide IC interaction, and an IG event to enjoy. It creates a connection. Every now and then I still find people that picked up notes of mine when persistence still worked and the connection is real, it exists.

If notes are made into a forum section, that magic would be lost for "forum" notes. It would hardly become more than a Radio Broadcast for everyone to be able to listen and reply to, or a Lore and Stories article for people to enjoy. These are good in their own terms, but "forum notes" would hardly fulfill their role as notes. A note is not something everyone is able to read, but something that, maybe, just one person will be able to find. Or maybe your effort will be totally wasted. I know that over half of my effort probably was, but the rest of it lives on :)

Davos    5

I agree fully with this. I had a group that the entirety of our existence was delivering letters and packages, but with the constant flux of Persistence didn't help us do our job. Adding this would be a very interesting. Personally I still support a play-by-post section on the boards for those who like to role-play but don't have much time to spend in game.

Hyborith    0

If persistance works in the next patch i may leave notes around common travelled regions. sappose if folks find really good inspirational notes and stuff they could post them up on the forum to see.

Anonymous Philosopers and little bits of knowledge from the old world... get the feeling Alcyone would love that sort of stuff. searching for notes laying around the map with hidden knowledge.

Ark    198

plus one from me rose. i cant wait till persistence works and i can leave notes and the like laying around.....maybe ill start a treasure map or something.

Jack Allen    18

I don't see a reason to add a notes section. We have two "In character" sections already, don't see why we would need anymore.

Mercy    488

Psh. If persistance would come back I'd say what use would Brian Hicks need to make the land look like snow xD Haha!

I bet there would be note after note after note when walking down the road. It may turn my character insane a little like 

"NOTES! ALL I SEE ARE GOD DAMN NOTES! AGH!"

Haha!

Pussy    311

I think that notes in lore and stories isn't out of the realm of possibility for your personal story arc if that's what you wanted. After all, if you were having a conversation with somebody, their responses would count in your lore as well.

As far as on a grand scheme, I think it would be nice for other people to be able to leave notes. I don't know how realistic it is to expect someone to find a note that has been left on the ground specifically for them, but then again the radio is not exactly the most realistic either.

Maybe instead of a new section, something could be worked out in the radio chatter thread? Like instead of it being strictly for radio transmissions, maybe open it up to all long-distance, IC role play?

TheTrueHawk    28

I very much agree on this. I love to leave notes that have very weird and interesting things to say, but sadly they are gone after restart and no one reads them.

+1 all day.

Ocean    6

Even with persistence this could be a good idea to even archive notes. Sometimes when you die from a glitch or even in a firefight (and didn't perma) you would still have the note, but in game it is lost forever.

Chow    45

A very good way of sending threats for instance.

I've done this in a small volume when Percistence where working. (Sort off.)

Made somewhat 20 notes and wrote some threats towards the UN.

Ran around in cherno and dropped them randomly.

- Sat on the big tower and spotted the readers, to see what they would do next.

Oliv    1546

OGTWc.png

Community message board in the major cities? Hell yes! Even if it was just out of character, I can't wait to see something like this.

Have you seen Amanda? Missing since: Aug 1, 2015 Light brown hair, brown eyes, approximately 5' 2"

Learn to play guitar! Because no body picks up chicks playing bass or drums. Call Jimmy on Frequency 104.7

Apartment for Rent. Spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bath in downtown Chernogorsk. Available immediately.