Server time: 2017-10-17, 13:27
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
CrescentGent

Disk Write Error

Question

Okay, hi again guys!

I recently posted about having server issues but they resolved themselves, but i have came across another issue which has driven me nuts for the past 7 or 8 hours. After being on DayZRP for about 10 - 15 minutes, the game crashed leading me to restart my computer, After getting back i went to load it back up to come across a Battleye failed to install error, so me being an impatient person reinstalled the game. Whilst downloading i got to around 90 - 99% in which it stopped and queued the download, i tried everything from disk checking my C drive, reinstalling the game again, restarting my PC, reinstalling Steam and i've goto the point of depseration. If anyone has a solution, it would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks!

13 answers to this question

Mikachu    26

run steam as admin

Voodoo    487

Ive never had this issue when downloading a game but I do know when installing usually the firewall plays it up and stops the download (which is probably the case with the failed battleye update.

I will look around see if I can dig anything up to help

Edit: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9709-FKCB-4230

Ive never had this issue when downloading a game but I do know when installing usually the firewall plays it up and stops the download (which is probably the case with the failed battleye update.

I will look around see if I can dig anything up to help

Thank you very much :D

Kaplyn    0

Can you install the game on a different drive / partition?

Or try and reinstall battle eye from from control panel.

Voodoo    487

Ok ive linked a guide from steam in my previous post might be worth checking it over

Is it installing Dayz again that is the problem or just the Battleye update?

Ok ive linked a guide from steam in my previous post might be worth checking it over

Is it installing Dayz again that is the problem or just the Battleye update?

Its both, even if i get past the Disk error i would probably still be stuck with the battleye error

Can you install the game on a different drive / partition?

Or try and reinstall battle eye from from control panel.

I've tried reinstalling the Battleye client but to no avail, i don't know how to install the game to a different drive + i don't have one, only my C drive 

Voodoo    487

In terms of the update that is usually down to the firewall you have, ive experience it a few times.

Have you tried what is in the thread I linked above?

In terms of the update that is usually down to the firewall you have, ive experience it a few times.

Have you tried what is in the thread I linked above?

Yes 

Voodoo    487

Ok and still not working I guess.

Have you tried turning off the firewall you use for the duration of the download?

Janana    28

One solution I've found to this exact problem related to your WiFi. The person had to ask for a new modem from their provider before the issue was fixed and found no issues with his computer itself.

Another solution was quite odd. They changed the download parameters to another language and it finished their download.

Another involved changing the server they were downloading from.

Yet another solution involved the guy going into his steam\ steamapps \common\ of the game he was installing and making sure the files were NOT Read-Only. This fixed his problem.

The one that seems to work the best and got the best response was uninstalling the game using steam, and then manually going into your files and deleting the rest. Make sure it is completely gone before trying again.

Valve might tell you to exit the client, delete the clientregistry.blob file in the steam root folder and restart Steam.

Try smashing that play/resume button. Sometimes Steam goes; "Hah. Just kidding. The game is ready."

You can also consider adding the file to the exempt programs in your antivirus, restart your wifi and turn your firewall off.

These are just a few quick fixes I've found on various forums. Let us know if any of this works or not.

Fixed it guys!

I had installed windows 10 and ever since i have been having errors. I installed windows 7 again today and it has resolved :D thanks for the help though you guys !! + 1 to all of you that helped! appreciate it!