Server time: 2017-10-23, 11:31
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Red

Interview with Pat

Red    255

2d3f3cf4df.png

Interview a community member is an idea that me and Doug Quade came up with a few nights ago after a long talk we had (thanks for that btw) The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the community together. My idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member. During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how his or her DayZRP experience is.

Special thanks to Dom and Whip for hosting this interview. Dom will continue to take lead with this initiative. I will just be posting on his behalf.

This time it's our fellow community member Pat

- Tell us something unique about yourself! -

"My favorite time of the year is when June is here? Nah seriously, I'm great at plate spinning and looking like a duck."

- How has your DayZRP experience been? -

"My DayZRP experience has been quite an adventure. From signing up in June 2013, I didn't think much of this community but eventually it grew on me. It was about November 2013 when I truly got into RP with this community and I haven't left this place since. I had never been this involved with a community before DayZRP, just jumping from place to place looking for a great gaming community but with no satisfaction.  Overall, I'd say my adventure has been fantastic, meeting new people and playing the DayZ Mod and Standalone differently. I have thoroughly enjoyed my two years here so far.

I've experienced so many types of RP, from Hero RP with the 501st, defending Altar Castle and the Free Medics at Pobeda during the Epoch era to bandit RP with Volki and SVR, dominating the server, having people fearing us. Both of them are a unique experience, however, the most enjoyable times I've had in this community is when I've been in heavy Roleplay clans such as The Fallen, and more recently, New Dawn."

- Have you made any friends during your time in this community? -

"Of course. I don't think I'd be in this community still if I hadn't made any friends. Some people I've met through this community have been friends with my since my first few months on the server. When I joined 501st, for example, I met many great people, including Voodoo, Kanen and Hicks, who I'm great friends with still to this day. Through each group I've been in, I've met many great people. There's others that I've just met in-game and became friends with. There's so many people on here that I'd consider as a friend, with a particular few who I enjoy some great Nanter with.

But I don't think this section could be answered properly without a cringe cliche shout out to a few of my really good pals on here; Hatch, Riggs, Rampage, Connor, WarMachine, Matt, Clapton, Jamma and santaman2346."

- Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? -

"Hmm. One think I can think of is the 30 point for veteran members of this community (i.e People who played the mod). Perhaps nullifying the warning points in which players have accumulated in-game on the Mod Servers. Many of these situations have been accidental KoS or the result of a firefight. Many of these community members have since improved their attitude and would make great members of staff, however, their previous warning history, regardless of when they obtained the points is blocking them from being able to apply for the Staff team and to give back to the Community. Perhaps implementing a nullification of points in which players have obtained on the mod or changing staff requirements to where those who have not been warned in the past year may apply for staff. If a community member hasn't been warned in a year it shows that they have been a fair member, abiding by the rules and respecting the community.

"

- What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? -

"Gosh, there's so many memories here. I'd say the most memorable experience was winning the coveted title of Wooden Spoon of the Year 2014. Many people have seen it as an insult, however, I carry this title as a badge of honor. The official community idiot. Another memorable experience was my time on the Staff team. I learned so much on the Staff Team, and got to give back to this community.

Probably my most memorable times in-game was throughout last year, where Tomeran conjured the amazing Council story line. The mini-events and the massive server events culminated for an amazingly immersive story line, and I'll remember the events, especially Operation Goliath for a long long time. There was a great community feeling between everyone's characters throughout the series of events which I thoroughly enjoyed."

- Is there anything in particular that you're looking forward to with DayZSA? -

"I'm not really looking forward to anything specifically. Nothing about the upcoming 0.58 patch really entices me to play it. Sure they're adding new vehicles and stuff, but the new third person view annoys me, also from what I've heard, the loot system is going to be quite bare. Honestly, I probably won't be playing much in the new patch. I feel that the DayZ developers need to keep an even balance of realism and fun, however, they're focusing more so on realism. I understand that they want to keep the game realistic but it just isn't fun when you're going around with sod all."

- What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? -

"The People. There's many things that make this community a great place, the RP, the banter and the creativity. However, no matter how you look at it, it's the people of this community that are responsible for this creativity and the growth of the community. "

- Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? -

"Yeah, I've a number of tips for newcomers to the Community. One of such is to be as well read with the rules as possible. When I joined the community, I always felt that there was so many rules, however, once I got more acquainted with the rules, I realized that there wasn't that many and that they were easy enough to follow. Once you're aware of the rules you can rob people and do it right, without worrying about a report after each interaction!"

- Do you have any suggestions or ideas in which the Staff team can improve in keeping transparency and informing the community members of issues and resolutions? -

I have noticed that transparency is needed among the community. Perhaps the return of the Weekly Community meetings on the Teamspeak would aid with transparency within the community. These were quite constructive when they took place and it was a chance for the community to discuss concerns and queries with the Staff team. I know that the Staff team have been doing Q&A sessions over Twitch, however, I feel that they do not work as well as the Meetings. This is because in the meetings, issues could be discussed at length, whereas on the Twitch Stream, topics seem to be dealt with quite fast, with numbers of people who I've spoken to have also raised this issue, that topics cannot be discussed in depth via the Q&A stream

Pat is so cool. Also the formatting is mucked up at the moment, the last two questions have the wrong answers.

Hatch    0

Cheers for listing me as a friend Pat, it really helped the community push forward as a unique and strong team.

Good read so far, I'll check the rest :)

Mikachu    26

Still waiting for mine ;(

(Was a good read as usual, keep it up)

Truly the largest pillar to date.

This is the best interview out of all of them, thank you Pat.

Nicholas    0

- What other games do you play? -

"Yeah, I've a number of tips for newcomers to the Community. One of such is to be as well read with the rules as possible. When I joined the community, I always felt that there was so many rules, however, once I got more acquainted with the rules, I realized that there wasn't that many and that they were easy enough to follow. Once you're aware of the rules you can rob people and do it right, without worrying about a report after each interaction!"

wat

Samaritan    349

Fantastic interview, was good to read. I really like this segment Red.

As I stated previously make sure that some newer members of the community get an interview as well. It would be interesting to see their perspective as a new member.

Vandy    34

Nice work Red. You've been busy with that for a while.

Nice to see it on the forums. Hope to see more of these popping up!

Red    255

- What other games do you play? -

wat

Oopsie poopsie... will have to fix that, haha.

Hatch    0

As I stated previously make sure that some newer members of the community get an interview as well. It would be interesting to see their perspective as a new member.

I think more interviews for older members should be interview and give their opinion on how the community has changed/not changed and how it can be improved as they have a better insight to the community. IMO newer members will all say the same thing such as "Community is great, great job"

Defiance    96

I love this segment! Such a good idea, Red and Doug!

As a newer member, I'd love to be interviewed. But, I'd rather see members like Johnny Denver and TheGlassSpider get interviewed. I also wouldn't mind seeing ROLLE get interviewed!

#interviewrolle

Roach    1659

Great read :D happy to learn more about Pat!!

Hatch    0

But, I'd rather see members like Johnny Denver and TheGlassSpider 

TheGlassSpider has already has been interviewed

Pat is such a cool guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defiance    96

I must have missed it. Thanks for letting me know, Hatch!

*goes to find*

Hatch    0

I must have missed it. Thanks for letting me know, Hatch!

*goes to find*

Here :)

The toppest of all the pillars. Glad to see an interview with Pat, we should create a thread dedicated to the nanter we have :D

Red    255

Good point. I too would like to see a newer members perspective. Dom, take notes! ;)

Rory    1595

+1

It'd be amazing to see what new community members think of the community so far, and see their aspirations and Ideas, etc.

Jamma    4

It's actually Athenian but ty

yw friend

your going to get a fucking slap if your not careful

edit: I have to be constructive, very interesting interveiw +3

can i be next thanks

RoryJam    0

Pat is so cool. 

Thank you for the definitely not sarcastic comment!

The plate spinner speaks!

Thanks Scooter

Cheers for listing me as a friend Pat, it really helped the community push forward as a unique and strong team.

No Problem, friend!

Truly the largest pillar to date.

This is the best interview out of all of them, thank you Pat.

Thank you Carib, means a lot coming from a pillar such as yourself!

Great read :D happy to learn more about Pat!!

Thanks Roach! :)

Pat is such a cool guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Frank, I love how unsarcastic this comment is!!!

The toppest of all the pillars. Glad to see an interview with Pat, we should create a thread dedicated to the nanter we have :D

Thank you June George, friend.

It's actually Athenian but ty

Np James