Server time: 2017-08-19, 01:43

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phat J

Question?

Question

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Can I ask why Rick, and Whip were removed from staff?

32 answers to this question

Phoenix    1046

There might be an announcement out soon... I only know a few things but I don't want to spread anything incase I could be wrong or it might be unwanted...

Caesar    438

Shouldn't this be in ask the admins, or even questions forum?

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Shouldn't this be in ask the admins, or even questions forum?

It probably should be, I didn't really know where to put it.

Rolle    2450

Breach of staff terms and conditions that they signed when joining staff.

Phoenix    1046

Ouch.

Can you elaborate?

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

/moved to questions

-image-

Wait what?

Conor    243

/moved to questions

-image-

Wait what?

Getting "Conor'd" is a thing from when I was in staff and I used to race around the forums closing threads, answering questions etc. before other staff members could. I would beat them to the finish line when it came to doing something and it affectionately known as "Getting Conor'd".

I posted it because Rolle beat Spartan to the post.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

-image-

Wait what?

Getting "Conor'd" is a thing from when I was in staff and I used to race around the forums closing threads, answering questions etc. before other staff members could. I would beat them to the finish line when it came to doing something and it affectionately known as "Getting Conor'd".

Well you're no longer in Staff, so that post is irrelevant and in no way contributed to answering my question.

Thanks for the mature response man!

Conor    243

Wait what?

Well you're no longer in Staff, so that post is irrelevant and in no way contributed to answering my question.

Thanks for the mature response guy!

I'll pass your message onto Jimmy for post #11.

Have a nice day now. :)

What about the community member that refused to give the name of the staff member that gave him the information, and that staff member, whats going to happen to them?

I Whole heartedly disagree that the brief conversation about The promotions was a breach of Staff TOS.  I am thoroughly Disappointed that This decision was made. I believe that conversations were taken out of context and Private staff conversations were recorded and leaked to community members to use as evidence to incriminate us for nothing. I personally felt black mailed and was being recorded in private Channels to give a member more ammo .

I worked very hard to reach the position i had and to be flat removed without being told is unsettling.

I appreciate the opportunity i was given but disagree with the choices that were just made.

I have no regrets and no hate towards the community.

"Let your dreams Be Memes"

-Whip

Caesar    438

What about the community member that refused to give the name of the staff member that gave him the information, and that staff member, whats going to happen to them?

That member was unfairly permad. Staff leaks are justification for removal from staff as seen, not permaban or warning points. You can't expect much at all.

-Snip- 

Yes i would like to touch down on this and find out if a report is needed to go up. I was up with staff talking about my group that i am trying to make and just shooting the shit. Now everything was fine and dandy till i woke up this morning and found out that my conversation was recorded (In as staff channel with only staff present) and then given to a community member. Should i make a report about this? and if so what is the rule break do i list it under?

Rick    19

That member was unfairly permad. Staff leaks are justification for removal from staff as seen, not permaban or warning points. You can't expect much at all.

How leaking staff information, spreading it about the community and blatantly refusing to provide information to admins about it is unfair is beyond me. I stand by what I did, regardless of how other staff may view it.

then what about the staff member that leaked it to this community member and the fact that this member won't say who it was

Rolle    2450

We're working on it, I'm gonna speak to the guy and see if I can find out the source.

We're working on it, I'm gonna speak to the guy and see if I can find out the source.

Thank you.

Vaine    23

Not sure what this is actually about .Meh sad to see this happen but the t&c's when joining staff are pretty simple to follow . 07 rick , looked forward to you being admin

Caesar    438

How leaking staff information, spreading it about the community and blatantly refusing to provide information to admins about it is unfair is beyond me. I stand by what I did, regardless of how other staff may view it.

The member in question did not do the first. The second is debatable as to his role and the third is a fair point.

The fact is said information lead to the removal of two staff members, that by itself should protect him as a whistleblower. Secondly the act itself as I said justified to removal of that staff member from staff, not the community. Its a double standard that cannot stand. Feel free to stand by your stance but I disagree and on the face of it the position seems untenable.

The punishment is removal from staff, the member is not staff as such he is not under the same obligations. A perma looked terrible, you can argue that he should but there is no argument for a perma. No staff would be permad for the act to begin with.

-Snip-

-Snip-

The member in question did not do the first. The second is debatable as to his role and the third is a fair point.

The fact is said information lead to the removal of two staff members, that by itself should protect him as a whistleblower. Secondly the act itself as I said justified to removal of that staff member from staff, not the community. Its a double standard that cannot stand. Feel free to stand by your stance but I disagree and on the face of it the position seems untenable.

The punishment is removal from staff, the member is not staff as such he is not under the same obligations. A perma looked terrible, you can argue that he should but there is no argument for a perma. No staff would be permad for the act to begin with.

Seeing as we have not been giving the direct reason of removal how should we know if that is the case?  You assume along with the rest of us that the video of Banter is why they have been removed but the fact is that until rolled tells anyone what was the cause of them breaking the T&C we are all shooting in the dark. The main point of this question was to get clarification on the subject.

djrosaparks    3

We did not get a in detail reason of why the previous staff team left as it was info that pertained to the staff team, why should this be any different?

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

We did not get a in detail reason of why the previous staff team left as it was info that pertained to the staff team, why should this be any different?

Because these members have been kicked? The other 5 admins left on their own terms.