Server time: 2017-10-23, 11:48
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Multiple Characters + Robberies.

Question

Post    0

I suppose I'm a bit confused or seeking clarification on rules regarding the subject of multiple characters, switching between the characters, and gear.  In this situation I was robbed, and knew the person, but they were on a different character.  I complied of course, and handed over my gear.  A day or so later I saw the person again, but on their original character still using all the same gear and firearm they had robbed from me.  I didn't really ever see the other character much again.

I guess to simplify it not that it's that complex, Player A robs player B, and then Player A changes to another character.  So in a lot of ways their malicious actions are done another name, however, they still benefit from it on a different character which you then can't hold accountable for even if you bump into them again.  I don't think this is really a routine or an intended malicious act, but I am just wondering if there's any type of rules or regulations regarding the switching of characters and gear?  Are we meant to respawn first before switching characters?

7 answers to this question

MapleMooses    0

You don't have to re-spawn when you switch characters. Just change your name/character's personality. You must forget everything your other character might know and start fresh.

Not too sure about switching back and forth between characters to stay out of trouble... I don't think that's against the rules... but it's not right.

Janana    28

I suppose I'm a bit confused or seeking clarification on rules regarding the subject of multiple characters, switching between the characters, and gear.  In this situation I was robbed, and knew the person, but they were on a different character.  I complied of course, and handed over my gear.  A day or so later I saw the person again, but on their original character still using all the same gear and firearm they had robbed from me.  I didn't really ever see the other character much again.

I guess to simplify it not that it's that complex, Player A robs player B, and then Player A changes to another character.  So in a lot of ways their malicious actions are done another name, however, they still benefit from it on a different character which you then can't hold accountable for even if you bump into them again.  I don't think this is really a routine or an intended malicious act, but I am just wondering if there's any type of rules or regulations regarding the switching of characters and gear?  Are we meant to respawn first before switching characters?

There is absolutely no way that his character that robbed you could get the gear to his other character through RP unless he somehow made up some story where he robbed himself or both his characters know each other and for some random reason, his character decided to give his other character all his clothes. That whole situation reeks of Gear-focused RP and it is entirely unfair to you. They're taking advantage of multiple characters to get loot. As a ultimate answer, I'd consider it cheating OOCly.

Lil_Beefy    0

While this is unfair (using a different character for banditry so their original doesn't gain a bad image), we simply cannot force people into playing a certain way. It would be unfair on the community if staff were to start being strict on the way people handled their characters and gear transferal between characters. It is hard for people to juggle gear as it is with one character so it wouldn't be a shock to see people having the same gear over several characters.

My advice would be this; let it go. While it is unfair, there isn't much we can do about it.

Does this answer your question?

AndreyQ    0

We have no specific rules when it comes to switching characters.You can change whenever you want as long as you are not in a rp session.While doing so we advise you to change cloths so that your character looks a bit different, this taking away from people's confusion.

When it comes to the situation you described there are no rule-breaks there.It might be unfair, but no one can dictate when or where can someone change characters and what gear they are allowed to take with them.Not only it is hard to enforce but it can create a lot of confusion as the word "gear" can refer to a lot of items.

Are we meant to respawn first before switching characters?

When switching characters you do not need to respawn.All you need to do is log off and change your name in the main menu and then hop back in.As stated above changing cloths is advised so that the change is more clear and obvious.

A day or so later I saw the person again, but on their original character still using all the same gear and firearm they had robbed from me. 

One more thing - we all know how easy is to find ceratin things in this patch. We also know how big is the community. So there are big chancess that some people will have exacly the same gear.

About main question - i think that previous answers cleared things up.