Server time: 2017-10-21, 14:08
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Crew3211

Reign of Kings RP server

KpopKilla    74

It would be nice to see this if it was properly moderated this time. It had a good population, but what led to server being dead was a lack of staff to enforce rules on the server.

Janana    28

It would be nice to see this if it was properly moderated this time. It had a good population, but what led to server being dead was a lack of staff to enforce rules on the server.

If that were the case, then we'd need more manpower and staff who actually cared for the idea to begin with and that's easier said than done. IT is an enjoyable game but it isn't for everyone and I think that showed the last time we tried it.

KpopKilla    74

If that were the case, then we'd need more manpower and staff who actually cared for the idea to begin with and that's easier said than done. IT is an enjoyable game but it isn't for everyone and I think that showed the last time we tried it.

Exactly and with all the staff changes happening at the moment it probably isn't the best time to bring it back as much as I would like to see it.

Darion    152

I loved it! but no rules were enforced and woke up one morning to my castle that I had been working on for 2 weeks utterly griefed and it being completely destroyed just little blocks floating in the was left..So I stopped playing on it

Lue    25

What is it about games like RoK that people seem to misunderstand? Getting your bases raided was a part of the game, but if the rules were you can't raid or destroy bases, why not just install one of the many mod packages on the server... There are many mods that dictate when you can raid (war time mod) and there is also the ability to make crests invulnerable if everyone really feels the need to never have their bases able to be destroyed. Just a thought.

I personally played the game on servers besides this one, and I typically raided a ton. Certain people I left alone, but the cocky trash talkers I always left with nothing but a sign.

Chris    63

What is it about games like RoK that people seem to misunderstand? Getting your bases raided was a part of the game, but if the rules were you can't raid or destroy bases, why not just install one of the many mod packages on the server... There are many mods that dictate when you can raid (war time mod) and there is also the ability to make crests invulnerable if everyone really feels the need to never have their bases able to be destroyed. Just a thought.

I personally played the game on servers besides this one, and I typically raided a ton. Certain people I left alone, but the cocky trash talkers I always left with nothing but a sign.

IMO the line between raiding and griefing is too fine, and thats where the problems start.

(Not directed at you Lue, I know you would have drawn a resonable line, but some people are really terrible at policing themeselves)

I would love to see this brought back, as far as I'm aware it's got admin tools now so it would be easier to moderate. But I don't think nows the best time to bring it back because of the staff changes. The RP on the server was good but it needed some basic rules enforced.

+1 from me but at a later date when the staff issues are sorted out.

Chow    45

As long as we are able to have staff teams on both servers, and that i doesnt drive em crazy then it's fine i gues.

But either way, i do not care. I hate reign of kings.

We had one, didn't work. Funny enough though, the day after we shut it down, server tools were released (At least I heard). I believe Dalton had made another server, but that just shut down a little bit ago.

Hollows    453

IMO, I signed up on DayZRP to play DayZRP... So I think we should kinda' stay where we like it, at home. Every attempt to start a new branch somewhere has wind up costing the Community money in the end because it doesn't last. It's unfortunate, but if something isn't broken... Don't fix it.

Brad    158

Oh. I actually didn't know this was tried. GG.

Yeah it just proved to be too much work for a side project, and people weren't interested in following the small set of rules that was set up.  I'm not sure how much momentum this game is getting either.  Seems like interest is fading somewhat, but I could be very wrong.

Guest Viktor Kolenkeov   
Guest Viktor Kolenkeov

Love the idea ROK is one of my fave games for Role Play

Husky    0

This has already been done once and wasn't quite a success, besides, does anyone even play RoK anymore? :D