Server time: 2017-08-18, 03:06

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RayymondLmao

If you die from a glitch, does NLR apply?

Question

Guest RayymondLmao   
Guest RayymondLmao

I was playing on the Prison Island earlier and I had to log out to go to work, so I go and sit down in the civilian barracks.  I logged back in and I find myself on the steep hill underneath the bridge. I'm trying to move but the connection desync makes it impossible. My character slides down the hill, into the water, breaking his legs. He is also carrying a tent in his hands and did not stop trying to pitch it. I could not drop the tent, or cancel the pitching action. Then my game crashed. I can't get back on because of the full player count, but if I drown from this, will I have to follow the NLR guidelines?

7 answers to this question

If it's a glitch no but you have to ask a GM+'s permission

Glenn    10

9/10 times it does apply.

Don't go ask to get back to your body because they won't give permission most times.

Death by a glitch is just dead.

Ark    198

In most cases you will have to follow NLR as it could ruin other peoples experiences and etc. i know it sucks but think of it this way the game is still in alpha there's bound to be bugs.

If you die by a glitch NLR rule still apply so you are not allowed to get back to your body.

/Solved

If it's a glitch no but you have to ask a GM+'s permission

I feel like I have to clarify what Hatch has said.

We used to allow players to return to their body if they were to die of a glitch back during the Mod days but due to Standalone not having the sufficient tools, we are now unable to prove if someone has died to a glitch or just died of hunger, thirst, zombies, etc. 

Any death (including death by glitch/bug) is now considered under NLR and you are unable to return to your body.

Guest RayymondLmao   
Guest RayymondLmao

Thanks for the feedback guys. I didn't die but it seemed a certainty for a minute there so I thought it wouldn't hurt to find out.