Server time: 2017-08-22, 01:56

Sign in to follow this  
Dippyiadida

Need help on purchasing the right firearm

Dippyiadida    0

Hi, I'm currently interested in purchasing a firearm, specifically a handgun. Right now I'm looking to buy a Glock, either a G17 or a G19. The reason I am purchasing a firearm is for self-defense, home defense. I want to keep this firearm in my bed room when I sleep at night, ready to go, and I'm also gonna be keeping it in the glove box of my vehicle, as I do not have a CC. I want something compact, light, something that isn't going to fail me, and something affordable. I've done some research on my own and I keep reading that the G19, or Glock in general, is a good first time buy handgun. 

I'm asking you guys what you think about these specific handguns, the G17 and the G19, and just Glock in general.

Should I look into another manufacturer?

Should I purchase another model of the Glock? 

Should I consider purchasing a rifle instead?

I would love some answers, especially from the members in the community that have prior experience in Law Enforcement, military, security, weapons, etc.

Home defence.... For my "Home defence" I have two shotguns and 5 rifles laying around ready to use along side a Glock in every room. Don't buy on what people say, look into it, TEST it before you buy it, take a few pop shots with it reload unload reload unload get the one that feels good.

Mr Snow    0

See i live in the uk so you may not care what i have to say but as a gun nut i say the glock is a good pistol as it's easy to clean, cheap, and easy to handle but like a say i am from the uk so take from this as you will it's all about what you like and feel conftable shoting and as you are not CC this weapon size dose not matter.

I love my glocks, I also love my Rock Island 1911 and my Springfield XD9/45. IT'S ALL ON PERSONAL USE.

I'd suggest contacting Thumper or Moxy for that :D

Guest Ghostrider0207   
Guest Ghostrider0207

so i live in germany and im not a fan of Glock pistols, i have a M9 Beretta and a Makarov and i love them

I would suggest a browning 9*19mm. This is what i keep in my nightstand next to my bed. It has a nice fire rate low recoil and packs a bit of a punch for a 9*19mm. It is also cost effective.

Dual wield these bad boys and no one would even think of robbing your home

main-j-nerf-toy-guns-2-units-sfe.jpg

Ask Thumper

Conor    243

Lightweight & isn't going to fail you. You can sleep with it (I would).

You might have trouble fitting it in your glove box though....

wtbn913.jpg

Well you see here in Serbia, we prefer to get heavy home defense in case "Freedom Fuck Yea" army decides to attack our home ah comrade? So I would suggest something like a M-48AS(M-2001) Tank, ass seen in the picture you have everything you need on that machine to defend you motherland... or I mean home. Yes you have everything you need.

m-84as_1.jpg

My "Go to open carry I need it fast" weapon

XdONHaT.jpg

dkdodd52    0

I like the Sig Sauer P320C in 9mm. Some people like .40 and .45 but honestly a 9mm hollowpoint is going to take your target out, end of story, and has far less recoil. This baby's fire rate is beastly, too.

[video=youtube]

Sigs are a fine firearm, but entirely too exspensive. You can never go wrong with a Glock. I carry a G19 everyday. You also can't go wrong with a Smith & Wesson, but stay away from their Sigma Series. When buying a firearm, get what feels good in your hand. Also, you always get what you pay for so go mid range, 400.00 to 800.00.

If I was going for pure home defense and not conceal carry...Mossberg 590A1 hands down.

Janana    28

Can you get your hands on a Beretta M9? :P

The real question is this; If someone were to sneak into your house wanting to steal your TV, or DvD player so they can make some quick cash for whatever they need it for (Food? Druuuugs?), are you ready to potentially take another person's life? That is the question you should probably ask yourself before you consider using something other than a solid metal baseball bat.

dkdodd52    0

Sigs are a fine firearm, but entirely too exspensive. You can never go wrong with a Glock. I carry a G19 everyday. You also can't go wrong with a Smith & Wesson, but stay away from their Sigma Series. When buying a firearm, get what feels good in your hand. Also, you always get what you pay for so go mid range, 400.00 to 800.00.

If I was going for pure home defense and not conceal carry...Mossberg 590A1 hands down.

From what I've seen both in local stores and online, the Sig P320c isn't overly expensive. Under 500 is the average that I've seen.

Jack Allen    18

If you are looking to actually be able to defend yourself, get a Glock 19. They are small, and reliable, I have one of my own.

If you actually want to make sure your invader is dead, get yourself a Remington 870. With this 12 gauge, you can guarantee your invader won't escape.

Just some specs for both guns:

Remington 870: Weight in (lbs): 7.5 

The barrel is 18 inches long.

It can hold the maximum capacity of 7 shells.

It's chamber length is about 3 inches.

It's regular price is $ 420.00

Glock 19: Weight 1.29 (lbs)

It's overall length is around 6 inches.

It's barrel length is 4 inches.

It's a very light gun, only about 1 in a half pounds.

It's caliber is a 9mm (Obvious)

It's sights are adjustable, making it easier for you to aim.

I don't think you use the same measurements as we do in the states, but there is always converter! Hope this helped! :)

Glenn    10

lol americans!

beretta Px4.

Krackerman    17

Where the fuck do you people live!!??? Afghanistan!!!???

FFS move to a civilised country!!!!

MadeInsane    11

The Australian defence tactic, throw a bag of baby powder into the room you believe the intruder is in, the fine powder should fill the air and then you throw a match in, there should be a quick fireball, whilst this is going on you charge in with your cricket bat and sing the national anthem!

Works every time.

Gun do not equal more crime. 99 million guns in the US killed noone today.

Glenn    10

I just live save at home knowing nothing will ever happen.... because i live in a nice town